NPC Sexlab Journal Stats?

Is there anyway to reset all NPC's sex journals to 0 at once without having to manually selecting each one with the hotkey then opening up the MCM to wipe their stats.

Cause I am not sure whether Sexlabs by default gives them starter stats, or one of the add on mods I am using gives them random stats.

For instance when checking out two of my Housecarl's stats. One of them had like 30 female partners, 6 male ones. Another had like 40 aggressive... despite the fact that I don't have any mods that actually let NPCs have sex without my interaction.

Like I have the Defeat, Submit, and Arousal mods. But all NPC vs NPC options are disabled...

So in my question is does Sexlabs by default assign random stats to each character or is it one of the mods I am using. Second question is there like a file I can delete, or MCM option, or console command that would allow me to reset all the stats at once?

The npc stats are random.

But I will ask you why do you need to reset those stats?

Let them have their sex life for them self. Dont mess whit that. They dont ask you how many you have fiddled whit.

About the other issue about """Like I have the Defeat, Submit, and Arousal mods. But all NPC vs NPC options are disabled..."""

Have you checked the support forums for those mods?

About the other issue about """Like I have the Defeat, Submit, and Arousal mods. But all NPC vs NPC options are disabled..."""

None of them state anything about adding stats to the NPCs, so I don't believe the stats are caused by them.

Let them have their sex life for them self. Dont mess whit that. They dont ask you how many you have fiddled whit.

Cause for one I don't want a rapist as my Housecarl/follower. Especially when I have a lot of followers, which makes it a pain in the ass to have to manually target them with the hotkey, open up the MCM menu, and do it for every single NPC I meet.

If the stats are randomized on the installation of sexlab then its an I should probably ask Ashal to change since its stupid for so many NPCs to be rapists, or rape victims for no apparent reason. Nor to have like 60 partners for no apparent reason.

If people like that in their games, then they should be allowed to have it as an option, not have it forced upon everyone in every game on start up.

None of them state anything about adding stats to the NPCs, so I don't believe the stats are caused by them.

Cause for one I don't want a rapist as my Housecarl/follower. Especially when I have a lot of followers.

Who cares about those stats? I haven't once looked at them. I didn't even know they were randomly assigned. If they are random, they are a waste of code imo.

Who cares about those stats? I haven't once looked at them. I didn't even know they were randomly assigned. If they are random, they are a waste of code imo.

I care because I like roleplaying. And yes it is a waste of code, it doesn't make any sense why they should be randomized in vanilla sexlab, especially since those stats can be and used in certain mods.

I care because I like roleplaying. And yes it is a waste of code, it doesn't make any sense why they should be randomized in vanilla sexlab, especially since those stats can be and used in certain mods.

To me looking at the mcm kills all the roleplaying, that's why I avoid it as much as I can. For the same reason I don't use mods that rely on the ExtendedUI mod, I mean using them make me feel like playing a RTS instead of an RPG.

The whole point of the MCM is to be in control of your game, to turn on and off features that you don't like. It is impossible for mods to 100% satisfactory for everyone, but thanks to MCM they allow us to take mods that wouldn't be satisfactory to majority of people and allow them to alter them to be satisfactory.

Sexlab is a framework, meaning its meant to be modular and compatible with different mods that cater to different people. The randomizing of stats is unnecessarily currently hardcode into the framework which ruins modularity of it. The real question is why should it be kept in as default if its not necessary to the framework.

As I said I totally fine with Sexlab having the ability to randomize stats for people that want them to be as an option, not an imposed thing. As I just said, the whole point of Sexlab is to allow you to chose how you mod the game, the randomization is an unnecessary imposition.

Also it doesn't make sense to have such a feature, I'm gonna check my game to see if indeed it exists. I still won't care about it but at least I learn something new about sexlab.

Yeah please do that. I have too many mods installed to be able to simply narrow it down whether sexlabs is doing it by default, or it is some other mod. Or some unsavory left over script from a poorly made mod.

But yeah if you need help figuring out how to see NPC stats in the MCM menu,

1. You walk up to an NPC and hit the sexlab NPC target hotkey which should be "N" by default.

2. Go into Sexlab's MCM menu and go into the journal.

3. If you properly targeted the NPC it should list them next your name in the upper left corner.

4. You need to click on the view that npc button.

I didn't know that sexlab even kept track of NPC stats until yesterday when I installed a couple of new mods.

You can reset all the Sexstats of NPCs by SSL Framework in MCM at any time as following:

Sexlab>Sex Journal>Clicking 'Reset [NPC]'s stats' on the upper-right corner in MCM.

Alternatively, instead of resetting all her/his stats, you can adjust their stats in accordance with your preferences by the following mod:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1059-sexlab-stats-manipulator/

You can reset all the Sexstats of NPCs by SSL Framework in MCM at any time as following:

Sexlab>Sex Journal>Clicking 'Reset [NPC]'s stats' on the upper-right corner in MCM.

Alternatively, instead of resetting all her/his stats, you can adjust their stats in accordance with your preferences by the following mod:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1059-sexlab-stats-manipulator/

The issue here is not resetting one NPC's stat which I already know how to do, but all of them. As I said above. I have a lot of followers, which would mean I would have to this for every single one of my followers. Not to mention it ruins the roleplaying aspect and modularity of sexlab since I would have to manually clear every npc's stats when I meet them if I simply wanted to keep track how often they have had sex once I started a new game, or installed a new mod to test their sex frequency.

Especially since I use mods that add a lot of random NPCs in to skyrim. Such as the Populate mod series, or the unique npcs mod, or the unimportant npcs mod.

Well, it's more immersive if they have a sexlife, I guess. But what's not immersive is for the player to automatically know everything about everyone's sexlife.

So ultimately the most roleplaying thing is to ignore that feature of sexlab altogether except maybe for your followers, in which case the "reset stats" feature could come in handy.

The issue here is not resetting one NPC's stat which I already know how to do, but all of them.

Then, there is no way to reset all of them, at least now (SSL 160 hotfix2). 

You have to manipulate their status/sexuality  manually one by one.

Well I guess that answers my question completely.

Since Uncle explained that stats are random and swmas already answered the second part of my question which was, does sexlab randomize the starting stats.

And you just reconfirmed what I already knew which was there isn't a way in the MCM.

Now all we need to know is there a simple way to modify the script or the save file to do a mass reset.

Well, it's more immersive if they have a sexlife, I guess. But what's not immersive is for the player to automatically know everything about everyone's sexlife.

So ultimately the most roleplaying thing is to ignore that feature of sexlab altogether except maybe for your followers, in which case the "reset stats" feature could come in handy.

Well its not very good roleplay if they had a ton of sex in scenarios that don't make sense in the first place. Not to mention once the game starts, they stop having sexing all a sudden since there is no way for their stats to increase unless you have another mod that makes them have sex. So that is a poor cop out for the existence of something that should not be there.

As mentioned in my edited post above. It also makes it a pain in the ass to test how certain mods work if all the stats are randomized. Mods like defeat, submit, sex life, lover's comfort, reward your followers, etc... all give NPC's sex lives already... so there really is no pointless reason or justification for their starting stats to be randomized.

Also the purpose of the Journal is not indicate if they have had sex before, it is to record their stats since installing the mod. Cause otherwise the player character should have a bunch of starter stats too. But they don't. So either way it doesn't make sense for the randomize starter stats.

Not to mention the manipulator mod, which I use before sengaku mentioned it already allows you to randomize stats and clear stats. It just doesn't let you do it in mass bulk. Which is my issue.

Well, it doesn't really make sense for every npc to be a virgin at the beginning of the game. I agree that sometimes those random stats don't make sense (like a married mother who's lesbian with 0 male experience), but to me it's more immersive for npcs to have some experience at the beginning of the game. Those stats aren't there to show what happened in game but what life experiences an npc had, which could i.e. be used by mods to calculate how good or bad of a lover s/he is. Isn't this what roleplaying is about, creating a character and having him/her react to the world instead of bending the world to my character?

Well as I said, the stats don't reflect if they are virgins are not, they're suppose to be stats of whats going on in your game.

Otherwise why does your character not have any stats? Cause they could banged half Tamerial  for all we know.

As always it should be an option to randomize stats, not force upon people by default. Cause I am sure its much easier to add conditions to a script to tell it not to run on hundreds if not thousands of npcs, than it is to manually clear out their stats.

Also the main point is modularity, and sexlab is meant to allow you to control what you want in your game. How you choose to roleplay is up to you, I personally don't want any stats because it makes it easier for me to keep track of sexual interactions between NPCs when using mods like Defeat, Submit, etc...

Why does the pc begin with no stats? Because you're supposed to write your characters history, not SexLab. Also, every rpg has their pc begin at low stats completely disregarding any previous life experience, simply as a gameplay mechanic. There's always the possilbility to change the numbers for yourself.

The world doesn't begin when you're launching the game and it doesn't stop when you aren't around, but technically it does. There has to be some basic mechanic to make people have a life when you aren't around for the complicated mechanics to affect them. Unfortunately there aren't any mods yet that really work with sex stats (except sexuality).

But we obviously have different opinions on what these stats are supposed to reflect. And we could argue forever unless Ashal comes and states their intended purpose. Personally I don't need to know who did what with whom how often but everyone is free to use the tools they get in any way they wish.

There has to be some basic mechanic to make people have a life when you aren't around for the complicated mechanics to affect them. Unfortunately there aren't any mods yet that really work with sex stats (except sexuality).

But we obviously have different opinions on what these stats are supposed to reflect. And we could argue forever unless Ashal comes and states their intended purpose. Personally I don't need to know who did what with whom how often but everyone is free to use the tools they get in any way they wish.

Just want to make this clear, how you want to roleplay in your game is up to you. The main argument I am making here is that if you want the option to have the stats randomized then you should via a plugin or MCM check option. It shouldn't be forced into every person's game without the ability to turn it on or off, because once the stats are randomized there is no way to undo them.

The stats sexlab gives them aren't exactly "random" it does use various info about the NPC to seed their stats with something that seems like it would make sense for them. The elements of randomness thrown into it as well though so every NPC of a similiar type doesn't end up with the exact same stats can be abit unpredictable and is something I've been needing to tweak for awhile now and have already to a degree in current development builds for SexLab 1.61.

In anycase, I agree the need for an option to disable the seeding and to reset all npc stats are needed. I've added them now to the current dev build on git and it'll be out in the next release for sure. 

The stats sexlab gives them aren't exactly "random" it does use various info about the NPC to seed their stats with something that seems like it would make sense for them. The elements of randomness thrown into it as well though so every NPC of a similiar type doesn't end up with the exact same stats can be abit unpredictable and is something I've been needing to tweak for awhile now and have already to a degree in current development builds for SexLab 1.61.

In anycase, I agree the need for an option to disable the seeding and to reset all npc stats are needed. I've added them now to the current dev build on git and it'll be out in the next release for sure. 

Thank you for the response! 

• 1 year later...

This is the 1st Time I have Posted a Message on Here and have Browsed through Various Posts,yet am Unable to Find Anything Relating to Sexlab Diary NOT Retaining Previous Settings (Wrong Word,but can't Think of Correct Description)..Yesterday I Played Skyrim for Most of the Day and the Sex Diary Read that my Player Character was quite Proficient in All Sex Animations..But have Just Started Skyrim to Continue the Game and Upon Looking in MCM/Diary Section ALL Animations had been Reset to NIL ?,in Other Words my Character is a Novice in All (Just Noticed above it is Journal Stats)..This Happens Every Time I Decide to Load/Play Skyrim..Had Hoped to Find an Answer as to Why the Sex Diary was Not Keeping Track from the Previous Day of Gameplay..Apologies if this is in the Wrong Section..I have been Meaning to Search for Answers/Help in this Issue,but Due to Head Injury I now have Memory Loss and Keep Forgetting to Attempt to Seek Help..I will Most Likely Forget I have Posted this also..Perhaps on Logging in Sometime,I will have had a Reply...................

Archived