[REL] Crazyass Samurai Sword - Tanghengdao

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like how everyone is trying to be politically correct with the sword like it even matters. It's not a rel sword' date=' it's a sword in a video game. Either way it's a fantasy sword.

[/quote']

Do you call this game "the elder scrolls 4 Oblivion"? Do you call the province this game takes place "cyrodill"? I doubt that matters too right? It's only a game. :rolleyes:

Doesn't hurt to at least get the name of the damn weapon right since most people are Japanese fanatics and thinks anything Asian = Japanese.

• 7 months later...

the title of this mod says its a crazyass samurai sword, i come in check it out notice its a chinese sword right away lol not japanese

even the name of the sword is chinese lol tanghendao is loosely mandarin pinyin lol

its not a big deal after all it is a game but hey just sayin lol

• 5 years later...

Yes, it is called Heng Dao (橫刀), Heng Dao of Great Tang Dynasty (大唐橫刀), or just call it Tang Heng Dao (唐橫刀) as you called. This is a series of sword mod aimed to show the weapon style of Tang dynasty (唐朝), although the mod author himself said that he couldn't promise that it exactly matched the historic standard.

It also has a same-colour sword looks more like a spear-sword, called Mo Dao (陌刀). The history said that Mo Dao were convenient to attack a cavalry and its horses' legs. Mo Dao were so expensive in that era so the Tang empire forbade it to be buried with nobles. Therefore today it is hard to find their antiques.

I'm also looking for that Mo Dao mod from the same series. These years it seemed to vanish due to the suppress of communist Chinese's web policy.