More Creature Animations (26 Nov 2015 - Wisp/Dwarven Spider))

Believe me, I KNOW! XD

It would be a long, grueling, thankless task, with little change of any real success. I was just explaining from a purely technical standpoint why these are not optimal methods to do this, and why certain "creatures" would be WAAAY more trouble than they're worth! n.nU

...Out of curiosity, what issues are you having with the custom creatures? I have a lot of experience with these, and may be able to help! :]

Without going into much detail, I can't export any of the custom skeletons they have created because neither of us knows how to build a new skeleton.hkx file. Which means I can not export any animations I make with them in 3ds max.

If you know how to do that, or figure out a way around that, I can tell them to PM you with the details.

Believe me, I KNOW! XD

It would be a long, grueling, thankless task, with little change of any real success. I was just explaining from a purely technical standpoint why these are not optimal methods to do this, and why certain "creatures" would be WAAAY more trouble than they're worth! n.nU

...Out of curiosity, what issues are you having with the custom creatures? I have a lot of experience with these, and may be able to help! :]

Without going into much detail, I can't export any of the custom skeletons they have created because neither of us knows how to build a new skeleton.hkx file. Which means I can not export any animations I make with them in 3ds max.

If you know how to do that, or figure out a way around that, I can tell them to PM you with the details.

Hrrrmm, I know a lot about skeletons and rigging, but I haven't done too much with animations, and I've never tried to mess with a controller animation file (skeleton.hkx).

The only thing I can suggest is to look at this tutorial series here perhaps: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/9204-an-introduction-to-3ds-max-and-skyrim

Also this may be a lot of help: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/36314-3ds-max-skeleton-controller-rigs-canine-v011-2015-09-06

And are you using the Havok Content Tools 3ds Max plugin...?

nop , bear got 3 animation in total :3

for long time we was left with only 1 , like for the sabercat

then like a hero , daylette come and give us 2 new animation for the bear !

but yet , no oral , but well , when you see how long the bear cock is , im not even sur if its possible lol

but yet , no oral , but well , when you see how long the bear cock is , im not even sur if its possible lol

That's my problem with it. Even regular sex isn't possible as the "cowgirl" position will have the ridiculous large tool penetrate the character's spine and clips through the back. It's really not a good model.

That's my problem with it. Even regular sex isn't possible as the "cowgirl" position will have the ridiculous large tool penetrate the character's spine and clips through the back. It's really not a good model.

I don't seem to be having that problem with bears.

Hrrrmm, I know a lot about skeletons and rigging, but I haven't done too much with animations, and I've never tried to mess with a controller animation file (skeleton.hkx).

The only thing I can suggest is to look at this tutorial series here perhaps: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/9204-an-introduction-to-3ds-max-and-skyrim

Also this may be a lot of help: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/36314-3ds-max-skeleton-controller-rigs-canine-v011-2015-09-06

And are you using the Havok Content Tools 3ds Max plugin...?

Thanks for the links

Yes I use HCT to export. During exporting I need a proper skeleton.hkx (at least I think I do) or custom .hkx file to use to build the creatures rig. So far I get errors like x_NPC looknode that I haven't seen before.

All this wonderful animations of yours will be released with newer versions of More Nasty Critter, right?

All of my animations are in MNC except for the non-sex canine (because they don't really work in MNC) and the very recent sabre cat animations.

Gotcha. Once I'm done with the last bunch of creatures (should be easy because I saved the simple ones for last), if they don't give me a hard time like the cows did than I should start making oral animations for most if not all.

I just tested the bear animations in game and had no clipping issues.

Yep, i'm still with this thread.

...Why does it look so weird?

uz5ixegg4bhe27b7g.jpg

I don't mind doing the boars and bears but the most difficult part is finding reference images.

Anatomy diagrams (like the pic above) are good to understand things, but are sometimes hard to come by.

Then i need actual pictures so i can know its proportion and its position.

As well as when it comes to making textures.

Finding any usable reference is ridiculously hard, doubly if the penis in question has an actual bone in it..

Plus aren't there some creatures that are yet to get their weapon?

In any case, if i have reference pictures i can do it.

I can get refrence images of just about any thing you want. Just want to make sure it is ok to post them here or is there some place that would work better?

I can get refrence images of just about any thing you want. Just want to make sure it is ok to post them here or is there some place that would work better?

I was going to say no at first because I'm not to keen on seeing them, but judging from the nature of this thread I think it would be rather stupid of me to do so.

Just post the pic in spoiler tags and clearly identify what the image is before said spoiler tag so anyone can easily avoid it if they wish to do so. Thanks

Not all creature's penises are the same, and it doesn't surprise me at all really that hogs' look a bit "odd". A lot of animals evolved different ways to increase their fertility. For example, polar bears actually have a penis BONE, and canines penises swell up once they enter a vangina so that they cannot be removed until they are done. Also, I just wanna point out that "doggystyle" is a misnomer - canines do not screw like that, they actually screw back to back:

O___ ___O
 / / \ \

(please excuse my rather crappy text art drawing of what I meant lol, and I had to put it in code tags to stop LL from removing extra spaces... Also it kept changing my backslashes into forward slashes, I mean WTF!!!)

Would be nice to see an animation that did this correctly (and where the canine's penis doesn't piston in and out of the vanina, because they don't do that either), but at the same time I realize that it would require a different penis mesh most likely, and since none of the other canine animations do it the right way, this would probably not be easy...

oral for most of all ? sound awesome

but

are you prepare

for the

HOOKER !

Hahahaha. Fuck you :P

Not all creature's penises are the same, and it doesn't surprise me at all really that hogs' look a bit "odd". A lot of animals evolved different ways to increase their fertility. For example, polar bears actually have a penis BONE, and canines penises swell up once they enter a vangina so that they cannot be removed until they are done. Also, I just wanna point out that "doggystyle" is a misnomer - canines do not screw like that, they actually screw back to back:

O___ ___O
 / / \ \
(please excuse my rather crappy text art drawing of what I meant lol, and I had to put it in code tags to stop LL from removing extra spaces... Also it kept changing my backslashes into forward slashes, I mean WTF!!!)

Would be nice to see an animation that did this correctly (and where the canine's penis doesn't piston in and out of the vanina, because they don't do that either), but at the same time I realize that it would require a different penis mesh most likely, and since none of the other canine animations do it the right way, this would probably not be easy...

Is anyone here actually disappointed that the bestiality in skyrim isn't 100% realistic? Whether we are talking about what their junks look like or how they should be conducting their...business. I honestly don't think we should be looking into this too much. With that said, I can only work with what I am given and if people want to take the time to edit or making things that do make it more realistic then I'll support them.

At the moment, the canine meshes can't really be twisted to accommodate it...

Making custom creatures in Skyrim you are REQUIRED to use an existing creature's skeleton simply because there is NO WAY to create new behavior files for creatures for us mere mortals - only the developer gods with their magical bullshit "we don't share our dev tools" can do that unless you are a Borg and can read and interpret several million line'd XML behavior files, write your own, then figure out how to implement it without the tools used to create them...

In any case, unlike the silt strider, I can't see how a shell bug creature would possibly function. There are also no compatible creatures to base it off of - no creatures move move around without any parts of their body moving, so they would shred and deform horribly all over the place as they attempted to animate. The silt strider was actually probably quite easy to do as they are very similar to the netch anatomically.

I mean, this is why we haven't seen any "actual" dragon models (with 4 legs and wings): because there are no skeletons and subsequent behavior files that would support that (Skyrim's "dragons" are really wyverns...).

Well shit.

But, wait a minute. People have replaced dragons with Thomas the Tank Engine - I've seen it featured in MXR's videos and I haven't noticed any hideous deformation as you've described.

They basically removed all weighting on the mesh I believe. I suppose this could work, but you would end up with a shell bug that looks and moves around like a cross between a mentally deficient Zamboni and a Roomba with low batteries. XD

I'm also not sure how well this would work for anything that's not a dragon. Dragons in Skyrim... Essentially they have their own set of hard-coded rules and AI behaviors, and the engine handles them differently.

For all intensive purposes, they move around as if they had noclip on while retaining their mesh collision.

This is why they don't die right away when you kill them in the air...

Balance the Thomas the Tank Engine dragons with this one: https://youtu.be/Bifmj1O3D24?t=2m8s

...Because that's the kind of stretching and tearing you would most likely get.

Tbh that would probably be fine. The vanilla Shellbugs don't move at all apart from their mesh animation, so it would probably be okay to just not have the actor shellbug move at all. Even if it did, one would expect it to move much like a snail - slowly, and there's really not much "movement of parts" - at least not that an observer standing next to it would see.

I also wasn't suggesting that one should use the dragon skeleton - only using that to point out how one can use any mesh with a skeleton... or if you were implying that the dragon skeleton is the only thing you could do this with, again, someone has already made the shellbug into a ride-able mount.

So... (and excuse me while I talk out of my ass here) I was thinking you could maybe use the slaughterfish skeleton (since it's apparently pretty much a straight line), wrap a tentacle-looking fleshy blob on it, attach the head-end of the skeleton to the ass-end of the shellbug and then have it wiggle and poke off to the side.

But all of this seems to be moot since llabsky has pretty much said 'no'. Oh well.

@Uiridium_Chimera

Sorry, but correction -- canines don't actually have sex back-to-back; they do have sex "doggystyle," but when the male is finishing (and yes, there is the typical humping) he knots the female for the orgasm, and then after it's finished THEN he twists around (with his dick still inside her) and they're only back-to-back and knotted after it's pretty much done, and they just have to wait until the male's penis becomes flaccid enough to slip back out. The knot of the male's penis isn't even out unless the male is getting close to orgasm, so yes, they thrust repeatedly into the vagina until they're ready to knot and finish.

The animations currently in the game still aren't exactly accurate, but I think that's mainly because of the absence of the tie at the end (unless they always hold it back for some reason o,o) and some of the positions might be awkward for a dog/wolf. But, eh...

As for the baculum (the penis bone) -- that's actually quite common among mammals, being present in most primates, rodents, and the order carnivora (which includes canines, felines, and bears). As for what someone else above me said about it correlating to whether or not they have sheaths -- I'm not sure that really works, don't horses still have sheaths? Unless it's slightly different and I'm mistaken.

EDIT: I realized like 12 hours after I posted that that despite it showing me the correct quote, it ended up being the completely wrong quote in my post. Oh well, at least it was the right person I think.

Tbh that would probably be fine. The vanilla Shellbugs don't move at all apart from their mesh animation, so it would probably be okay to just not have the actor shellbug move at all.

...someone has already made the shellbug into a ride-able mount.

The problem would be trying to force them NOT to move lol. Have you ever tried to prevent something from moving around in Skyrim? Short of turning off their AI, it's REALLY hard to do! XD

But you're saying there IS already a shellbug mount!? Source!? Because if that's true, this argument is meaningless because to be a mount, you must first be a creature with a skeleton that's had a saddle bone added to it...

Tbh that would probably be fine. The vanilla Shellbugs don't move at all apart from their mesh animation, so it would probably be okay to just not have the actor shellbug move at all. Even if it did, one would expect it to move much like a snail - slowly, and there's really not much "movement of parts" - at least not that an observer standing next to it would see.

I also wasn't suggesting that one should use the dragon skeleton - only using that to point out how one can use any mesh with a skeleton... or if you were implying that the dragon skeleton is the only thing you could do this with, again, someone has already made the shellbug into a ride-able mount.

So... (and excuse me while I talk out of my ass here) I was thinking you could maybe use the slaughterfish skeleton (since it's apparently pretty much a straight line), wrap a tentacle-looking fleshy blob on it, attach the head-end of the skeleton to the ass-end of the shellbug and then have it wiggle and poke off to the side.

But all of this seems to be moot since llabsky has pretty much said 'no'. Oh well.

If someone takes the time to go through all of that and creates something I can work with then yes, I will make scenes for it. However, since I'm swamped with 2 custom creatures and everything that isn't working with them I do not want to go through all of this a third time lol

Tbh that would probably be fine. The vanilla Shellbugs don't move at all apart from their mesh animation, so it would probably be okay to just not have the actor shellbug move at all.

The problem would be trying to force them NOT to move lol. Have you ever tried to prevent something from moving around in Skyrim? Short of turning off their AI, it's REALLY hard to do! XD

But you're saying there IS already a shellbug mount!? Source!? Because if that's true, this argument is meaningless because to be a mount, you must first be a creature with a skeleton that's had a saddle bone added to it...

25511-2-1374245590.jpg

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25511/

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25511/

I have less than no idea what Vicn did, but I don't see any actual skeleton on this thing. It's file location dir implies that it's meant to use with the chicken skeleton, but it's really a moot point where this mod is concerned - it has a single skeleton bone, so there is less than nothing to use in creating animations.

You'd be better off (and have an easier time) animating a static mesh/furniture version...

Furthermore, this seems a minimalistic effort solution, so the shellbug would have *ZERO* movement, i.e. it's "whiskers" won't even move like the "ore node" version's do...

Making custom creatures in Skyrim you are REQUIRED to use an existing creature's skeleton simply because there is NO WAY to create new behavior files for creatures for us mere mortals - only the developer gods with their magical bullshit "we don't share our dev tools" can do that unless you are a Borg and can read and interpret several million line'd XML behavior files, write your own, then figure out how to implement it without the tools used to create them...

In any case, unlike the silt strider, I can't see how a shell bug creature would possibly function. There are also no compatible creatures to base it off of - no creatures move move around without any parts of their body moving, so they would shred and deform horribly all over the place as they attempted to animate. The silt strider was actually probably quite easy to do as they are very similar to the netch anatomically.

I mean, this is why we haven't seen any "actual" dragon models (with 4 legs and wings): because there are no skeletons and subsequent behavior files that would support that (Skyrim's "dragons" are really wyverns...).

Well shit.

But, wait a minute. People have replaced dragons with Thomas the Tank Engine - I've seen it featured in MXR's videos and I haven't noticed any hideous deformation as you've described.

They basically removed all weighting on the mesh I believe. I suppose this could work, but you would end up with a shell bug that looks and moves around like a cross between a mentally deficient Zamboni and a Roomba with low batteries. XD

I'm also not sure how well this would work for anything that's not a dragon. Dragons in Skyrim... Essentially they have their own set of hard-coded rules and AI behaviors, and the engine handles them differently.

For all intensive purposes, they move around as if they had noclip on while retaining their mesh collision.

This is why they don't die right away when you kill them in the air...

Balance the Thomas the Tank Engine dragons with this one: https://youtu.be/Bifmj1O3D24?t=2m8s

...Because that's the kind of stretching and tearing you would most likely get.

Talking of the slaughterfish, I imagine seeing an animation for this one on both fronts- female pref here though! Could imagine it latching on to either male or female as they wade carefree in them dangerous waters! It would probably make the best scene yet IMHO! Bad Dog is so good he could probably attach some sort of animated tongue for the females! Sort of something like tongue comes in/out in sync with the head fins movement and those sharp teeth sink in to prevent escape!   LOL listen to me dream on!

O___ ___O
 / / \ \

Is anyone here actually disappointed that the bestiality in skyrim isn't 100% realistic? Whether we are talking about what their junks look like or how they should be conducting their...business. I honestly don't think we should be looking into this too much. With that said, I can only work with what I am given and if people want to take the time to edit or making things that do make it more realistic then I'll support them.

At the moment, the canine meshes can't really be twisted to accommodate it...

Well, on one hand, if we made things 100% realistic we wouldn't be doing any of this since it's highly unlikely that one would be having sex with most of these creatures (bears, sabrecats, mammoths...). On the other hand, the other end of the spectrum is to slap generic dicks on everything without any regard to what their anatomy should look like or how it should function.

As for me, I try to keep my Skyrim immersive and lore-friendly; and so I am always going to point out ways in which things could be more immersive, in order to try and influence things to go in that direction. You are, of course, free to ignore what people are saying and do whatever you want; it's your mod.

That said, I thought canines only go into that back to back position after they were done mating and waiting for the knot to deflate?

Well, on one hand, if we made things 100% realistic we wouldn't be doing any of this since it's highly unlikely that one would be having sex with most of these creatures (bears, sabrecats, mammoths...). On the other hand, the other end of the spectrum is to slap generic dicks on everything without any regard to what their anatomy should look like or how it should function.

As for me, I try to keep my Skyrim immersive and lore-friendly; and so I am always going to point out ways in which things could be more immersive, in order to try and influence things to go in that direction. You are, of course, free to ignore what people are saying and do whatever you want; it's your mod.

That said, I thought canines only go into that back to back position after they were done mating and waiting for the knot to deflate?

Well, I'm just a shitty animator so I don't know how to make or edit any meshes. As I said earlier if someone does want to do it then they have my support, but too much of a change may break animations that have already been done. I still have all my files so it wouldn't be too much work for me to edit my old files to accommodate any changes but older animations won't get that change.

As for making them look nice... you've got the wrong person. I try to make the animations look as clean and smooth as possible but that ain't happening anytime soon xD

I've heard that canines do go ass to ass, but with the current meshes I can't do that.

@Uiridium_Chimera

Sorry, but correction -- canines don't actually have sex back-to-back; they do have sex "doggystyle," but when the male is finishing (and yes, there is the typical humping) he knots the female for the orgasm, and then after it's finished THEN he twists around (with his dick still inside her) and they're only back-to-back and knotted after it's pretty much done, and they just have to wait until the male's penis becomes flaccid enough to slip back out. The knot of the male's penis isn't even out unless the male is getting close to orgasm, so yes, they thrust repeatedly into the vagina until they're ready to knot and finish.

The animations currently in the game still aren't exactly accurate, but I think that's mainly because of the absence of the tie at the end (unless they always hold it back for some reason o,o) and some of the positions might be awkward for a dog/wolf. But, eh...

As for the baculum (the penis bone) -- that's actually quite common among mammals, being present in most primates, rodents, and the order carnivora (which includes canines, felines, and bears). As for what someone else above me said about it correlating to whether or not they have sheaths -- I'm not sure that really works, don't horses still have sheaths? Unless it's slightly different and I'm mistaken.

EDIT: I realized like 12 hours after I posted that that despite it showing me the correct quote, it ended up being the completely wrong quote in my post. Oh well, at least it was the right person I think.

True. And if anyone wonders about the boar's "corkscrew", porcines mate for rather long times which is, btw, a sign that pigs aren't actually prey as opposed to deer for example which are done in a matter of seconds (it's - mosty - literally just one thrust). Pigs will mate for approximately five-ish full minutes, the internet often repeats extremes of 20 and more minutes but that's rather unusual. In any case, the "corkscrew" will hook into the sow's womb at which point the boar "get's off" and starts cumming. For quite some time. Near the end of his long orgasm he'll ejaculate a thicker, "jelly-esque" liquid that will literally "seal" the sow to improve chances of fertilization. That's why it's tool looks so funny.

It's funny if you think about how many "gadgets" nature has in stock for the males but us girls are left out completely. It'd be interesting to know wether the females get off on all the knots, screws or hooks. And before anyone says female orgasms don't occur, that's not true. The female orgasm also greatly enhances fertilization as the womb will literally "grab" the sperm, also almost all mammals do have a clit and lots of nerve endings at the vulva. But if they get off, nobody knows XD