DOA5LR: Basic modding tutorials

kholdy

So I got full nude mods for Christie and Honoka. On the whole, they're really well done, though there are very faint lines on their necks (pics attached for reference). To be fair, they're only really noticeable if you observe them really closely, though I would like to attempt to resolve this if at all possible. Would this be a fairly complex thing to do?

post-771242-0-78793500-1437950370_thumb.jpg post-771242-0-23986500-1437950376_thumb.jpg

How can i Make a "stand alone" Face for character ??

I've created Leon werewolf with body and face darker, but if i swap with Ink_Shuffle, the head will not feet good with all the other outfit...

Does anybody has the solution, to put it only with the werewolf cos ?

I'll share my mod if i manage to solve this problem ;-)

Thanks in advance

I've created Leon werewolf with body and face darker, but if i swap with Ink_Shuffle, the head will not feet good with all the other outfit...

Thanks in advance

Don't think that's possible. The head is shared across all costumes, and I don't believe there's a way to make a separate head file that only a specific costume uses.

Thanks in advance

Don't think that's possible. The head is shared across all costumes, and I don't believe there's a way to make a separate head file that only a specific costume uses.

Okay thanks for the quick answer :)

Does lnk_reshuffle V3 just not work with the ali213 crack? I've been messing with the python code and it grabs the first file in my DoA5 folder with a .bin extension, which is the ali213 bin file, and telling me that's an invalid bin file.

EDIT: Wait, it's just looking for chara_common.bin and getting sidelined by finding ali213.bin, isn't it?

EDIT 2: That was the problem. I went into lnk_reshuffle.py and changed a line in the load_bin_data function from

if entry.endswith('.bin'):

to

if entry.endswith('.bin') and not entry.startswith('ali213'):

Sorry for bothering anyone.

Does lnk_reshuffle V3 just not work with the ali213 crack? I've been messing with the python code and it grabs the first file in my DoA5 folder with a .bin extension, which is the ali213 bin file, and telling me that's an invalid bin file.

EDIT: Wait, it's just looking for chara_common.bin and getting sidelined by finding ali213.bin, isn't it?

EDIT 2: That was the problem. I went into lnk_reshuffle.py and changed a line in the load_bin_data function from

if entry.endswith('.bin'):

to

if entry.endswith('.bin') and not entry.startswith('ali213'):

Sorry for bothering anyone.

Ah, nice job. I had the same issue before, I just stopped using ali213 altogether.

quick (probably very simple) question,

is there any rules on what numbers to be used for the DLC name in the DLC tool?  I've found numbers that work and ones which don't but I have no clue as to what is or isn't allowed and I'm going entirely on guesswork.

eg, 717171 didn't work, 727272 did.

Guest GuachaLover23

hey Kholy can u explain the TMC>OBJ or OBJ>TMC converter so more because after i am done edit the meshed in Blender, i take it over to the converter and converter it back to TMC but when i view the model in Noesis, it end of looking like patrick the star, the texturearrow-10x10.png is all out of place

this is what i am working on right now

post-787844-0-71587800-1438191772_thumb.png

hey Kholy can u explain the TMC>OBJ or OBJ>TMC converter so more because after i am done edit the meshed in Blender, i take it over to the converter and converter it back to TMC but when i view the model in Noesis, it end of looking like patrick the star, the texturearrow-10x10.png is all out of place

this is what i am working on right now

attachicon.gifblender-app 2015-07-29 13-42-16-29.png

Thought this image was included in the archive, but apparently it isn't.

dJ3pyC4.jpg

Make sure you don't delete any vertices, that'll cause issues.

Wanted to post this for a while, but wasn't sure how Moderators would react, however seeing this guide helping so many I feel I must add it to the resources, Kholdy if you think this is useful, please feel free to add it to the first post.

This is the needed steam_api files and the 3DMGAME.ini for custom DLC packs

You can unpack then drag and drop the contents into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (your file path may be different) you DO NOT need a cracked .exe file for this to work, but will need to hit replace if you are prompted to.

Mediafire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/q6yk42m5tsoco7v/DOA5+ini.zip

Guest GuachaLover23

Ok i understand that but u need to explain this part to me more

post-787844-0-16874600-1438223783_thumb.png

i do not understand what it mean that the vertical do not matcharrow-10x10.png, i did everything right and still the texture are mess up

post-787844-0-89689200-1438223774_thumb.png

Ok i understand that but u need to explain this part to me more

attachicon.gifDesktop 7-29-2015 10-33-37 PM-444.png

i do not understand what it mean that the vertical do not matcharrow-10x10.png, i did everything right and still the texture are mess up

attachicon.gifgame 2015-07-29 22-29-42-42.png

For this type of injection you must inject vertices into object from which you extract vertices.  For example, WGT_body goes into and out of WGT_body, WGT_cos <-> WGT_cos and so on and so forth. One of the limitations when working with OBJ -> TMC is that you cannot add or remove any vertices.  

Thanks in advance

Some costumes do contain heads specific to that costume, such as Hayabusa_DLCU_005.

Does Anybody in modding community already  know  how to fix neck' seam' made from swapping different body types

e.g. it appears that is caused by weight or bone structure etc.

But where is the solution for that?

how to know or look for the weight or bonestructure in blender for example? 

post-884324-0-68971300-1438906299_thumb.png

Does Anybody in modding community already  know  how to fix neck' seam' made from swapping different body types

attachicon.gifSliced.png

Maybe this topic could help you : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/47678-doa5lr-making-perfect-neck-connection/

Or try to swap the body with the costume that you want on an other character and swap the hair you are looking for.

As exemple for Leifang with DLC Tool :

- Costume xx (Body Swap) on Nyotengu

- Ink Reshuffle for Hair Swap (didn't tested)

- Face Swap could not be compatible

I hope you understand what I mean :)

Does Anybody in modding community already know how to fix neck' seam' made from swapping different body types

The neck seam repair guide from Harry has the info you seek. If you can't easily manipulate normals and vertex positions, then using polygon tool suite you can simply delete neck and attach the original models neck back on. With copy normal option checked it should look okay I think.

attachicon.gifSliced.png

guess+what+nobody+cares.jpg

Damn right :lol:

attachicon.gifSliced.png

Maybe this topic could help you : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/47678-doa5lr-making-perfect-neck-connection/

Or try to swap the body with the costume that you want on an other character and swap the hair you are looking for.

As exemple for Leifang with DLC Tool :

- Costume xx (Body Swap) on Nyotengu

- Ink Reshuffle for Hair Swap (didn't tested)

- Face Swap could not be compatible

I hope you understand what I mean :)

yes  i 've seen the topic that is exactly right, IF you use same body type, for example nyotengu to pai mila leifang hitomi kokoro.

what I am doing right now is tina to leifang.

totally another perspective

Does Anybody in modding community already know how to fix neck' seam' made from swapping different body types

The neck seam repair guide from Harry has the info you seek. If you can't easily manipulate normals and vertex positions, then using polygon tool suite you can simply delete neck and attach the original models neck back on. With copy normal option checked it should look okay I think.

Done that, used the polygons tools to extract neck and paste onto the new costume's skin.

it gives a even wider gap.

cuz this body costume is from tina and i managed to edit eveything it into leifangs body shape in blender so the bone structure is still tina's, only it looks like leifang.

before

without polygon placement

post-884324-0-26522600-1438958430_thumb.png

after

with polygon tool replacement

post-884324-0-14615400-1438958418_thumb.png

i ve chosen this path to edit, is because there was otherwise no way you could change any costume with different body type(they will float or not fitting).

this the only way, but then the neck issue(bone structure) is also the only real problem thats needs solving and we are all enlighted in heaven.

When I want to combine meshes from different costumes together, how do I choose what slots to insert them into? Do I want to take from the simpler costume and place them in the more complex one?

How do I make a certain texture in the texture tool correspond to a certain mesh?

What is the real reason that cause this issue to occur?

post-884324-0-73437200-1439134162_thumb.png

I swapped from different body type, i know its not allowed in the doa5lr modding bible.

But what is the technical reason that a star occurs, even if i import keep vertices order and export keep vertices order.

Anyone?

Archived