DOA5LR: Basic modding tutorials

kholdy

What's the most costumes you can pack into a single DLC pack without the game shitting itself? I've been picking what I like from everything I could find without scouring asian forums, and I now have 227 costumes to add. Before I go too far into adding them one-by-one in the DLC tool, I'd like to know how many packs I'll have to split this in to.

EDIT: From what i've seen, if you make a DLC pack with more than 138 costumes, the game will crash after pressing a button at the title screen. If you start a new DLC pack and continue adding costumes there, the game seems to run normally, but I haven't filled up that second pack yet.

Hi everybody ! I'm using Blender to mod, But when i import "WGT_5 body tmcmesh" file it looks totaly weird, like "destructurated", and when the export it it not better the shadow aren't well placed...ect

Somebody know what's going wrong ?

Thanks in advance

attachicon.gifblender.jpg

Try going to Edit Mode, select all vertices, then Mesh>Vertices>Remove Doubles.

Hi everybody ! I'm using Blender to mod, But when i import "WGT_5 body tmcmesh" file it looks totaly weird, like "destructurated", and when the export it it not better the shadow aren't well placed...ect

Somebody know what's going wrong ?

Thanks in advance

attachicon.gifblender.jpg

Try going to Edit Mode, select all vertices, then Mesh>Vertices>Remove Doubles.

Works fine, THANKS !!!

You'll just have to extract the files in one of them and rebuild the dlc from the raw files avoiding the conflicting slot, or choose one or the other before you start the game, moving or renaming the one you don't want in that session. To extract the files you'll need blp converter and archivarius, and you'll need the dlc tool to rebuild the dlc. 

It's not hard to do, but might take you a little while first time you do it. To be fair though it's a skill worth learning as the amount of great mods out there easily outnumber the slots available to put them in. I recommend starting early with notes on which slots you fill too lol, that helps!

It's not hard to do, but might take you a little while first time you do it. To be fair though it's a skill worth learning as the amount of great mods out there easily outnumber the slots available to put them in. I recommend starting early with notes on which slots you fill too lol, that helps!

Is there a step by step guide on how to change the slot using these tools?

Well the start of this thread is a good place to start, as you're here already haha... More tutorials are linked in the first post too, and here's another page of tutorials and tool downloads: 

http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11118060/1/

The only missing step I found in some of the tutorials was blp converter, which is useful if you extract files in a dlc and find enormous senseless file names. It basically updates the archivarius database so the file names are of use to you when it extracts them. Look it up and maybe you'll find the info you need, or drop me a PM and I'll explain how it works.

Hi, Sorry for the newb question but I need some help to make things work....

I downloaded a 3DMGAME. ini file + a steam_api. dll file, the Basic Tool Pack and did all that´s said on Step01 to make a DLC from TLCs. Altered the .ini with the DLC number and everything.

When I start the game, nothing happens. The costume is not added to the list.

Do I need to download something else or just those files should work fine to crack the game?

Hi, Sorry for the newb question but I need some help to make things work....

I downloaded a 3DMGAME. ini file + a steam_api. dll file, the Basic Tool Pack and did all that´s said on Step01 to make a DLC from TLCs. Altered the .ini with the DLC number and everything.

When I start the game, nothing happens. The costume is not added to the list.

Do I need to download something else or just those files should work fine to crack the game?

1) Are you trying to use a DLC that is not compatible with your version ?

2) Are you using an other DLC that could conflict with your new one ?

3) Have you reached the DLC slots limit ? (Happened to me, I was able to add only 2 custom DLC, all others don't appear in game)

4) Did you put a wrong number slot for the character ?

When a DLC don't appear in game, usually this is because of 1, 3 or 4, from experience if I was not able to see a new DLC that I added correctly in my game this is because I tried to use a costume that shouldn't exist in my version (exemple Halloween 2015 in 1.02 version) or I had this DLC slots limit, not able to add more than 2 custom DLC (version 1.02 & 1.02A for me) but there are a tutorial somewhere for unlock more slots, never tested.

If this is a wrong number slot this is easy to fix, repack your DLC with the good number slot (as exemple 30-35 for females chars except a few 10-12 and 8-9 for males).

I don't think the 2 are your problem because if it was that your game will crash when you want to select the mod (mean that you should see the icon in selection).

I can't help more if you are using the Steam version but generally crack include game.exe too not only steam_api & 3DM ini.

Yeah its a struggle for beginners hell Im still learning the basics  trying to figure out which of the TMC mods that I want to use replaces the ones I want replaced in the extracted DLC.

Basically I just want replace the busty nude Marie over the original in Holdens pack. I want to learn this before actually customizing the girls appearances like LGMODS has been doing :) so much inspiration to me

Does anyone know why Noesis throws this error on so many TMC files I have? It usually works for Follardo's releases, but not Cyric's, for example. I don't think I could figure this out by messing with doa5pc.py.

you can delete doa5pc.py out of noesis plugins folder,then it will work

there are 2 noesis plugins by doutoku (the file name is "For noesis  .... " ) , you only need them : https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9zi2gt8dyllaj/doa5mod

• 1 month later...

I've read a lot of info on these, and I can do a good amount of this stuff, but for some reason there's only one thing I'm running into a wall with  what I want to do.

Is it possible to effectively use TMC polygon tool or Blender to delete/hide/make transparent certain vertexes on a mesh while leaving others in the same group in a sensible way?

For example, the green skirt and the green shirt in the attached costume is on the same object group when using TMC-OBJ.

post-787783-0-41284300-1451112690_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

i manage to make the dlc for the valentines day costumes, but i noticed that marie and nyo dont have one or i cant see their vallentine costumes, i tried using the original dlc for valentines and i cant see marie's and nyo's costumes but the others can be seen. now im not sure what the problem is,  do i need to change the exe files to match the new dlc?................. but its really odd that only nyo and marie had this problem well in my case.

• 3 months later...

As more and more people are getting shadow bugs (me included, although I know how fix them :P), let's try to help them. :lol:

The main reason is how NVidia GPUs recognizes the meshes, even after removing them.

Sometimes when inserting, but let's focus on the removing issue for now.

There's at least two consequences:

1) On the meshes - Blinking (often appearing even on select screen), missing or wrong textured;

2) On the shadows - Weirdly flickering/missing.

In order to fix both cases, you must open the TMC on TMC_Object_Tool, select the lines which have removed meshes (the ones whose VtxCt/IdxCt columns indicates "0") and:

1st Case - Change "Text1" to "Text4" columns to that little-black-square's number. Sometimes you'll need to add it with Texture_Tool first;

2nd Case - Change the last two columns (Cast/Recv), usually from "1" to "2".

I hope I've been of some help, even if just a little. :P

Notes:

I don't know if any bugs will appear for AMD users when you apply both fixings for the same TMC;

And sorry for not posting pics, I'm having issues to post here with both Firefox/IE. :mellow:

Archived