SKY UI error code 6. looking for a fix

after updating to 5.0 i got this message.  then after reloading the save i instantly crash. what is the problem here?

full error message:

SKYUI ERROR CODE 6

Menu file version mismatch for inventory.swf

required version 5.0

detected version 4.1

i don't know how to fix it. there's nothing of nexus that explains such a drastic problem

I had CTDs on some old saves with 5.0 version but without error message. Strange, since those old saves are old few days and I could load the oldest saves (1-2 months) without CTDing.

very interesting. maybe it's just the game adapting to the changes applied at an slow pace.and therefore failing to process them resulting in a critical failure? whatever the case Bahamut's answer made both the error message and constant CTD's go away. :) i want to thank you both for the concern and support.

I discovered why my game CTDed on some saves after upgrading SKYUI to 5.0. it was because I changed body texture and skeleton to my Player and NPCs. Returning them back, I could load the game normally.

that too makes sense and is plausible. i am glad you fixed your problem. i wish i could only now find a way to reduce my script lag.

after all the tweaks and research i still get awful stackdumping and broken scripts.

i wish i only knew what my papyrus settings should be to reduce it. and which mods to remove. sigh

I discovered why my game CTDed on some saves after upgrading SKYUI to 5.0. it was because I changed body texture and skeleton to my Player and NPCs. Returning them back, I could load the game normally.

that too makes sense and is plausible. i am glad you fixed your problem. i wish i could only now find a way to reduce my script lag.

after all the tweaks and research i still get awful stackdumping and broken scripts.

i wish i only knew what my papyrus settings should be to reduce it. and which mods to remove. sigh

Thanks. I wish I could help you, but, I'm not so good in it. Sorry.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I got the error code stating that 5.1 was needed, but 5.0 was found to go away by simply reverting the main SkyUI version to the older 5.0 version.

When Armor Slots comes out with a 5.1 compliant version, then I'll re-upgrade SkyUI to 5.1.

Its a dumb way to fix the problem, but it is quick and it works.

The whole SkyUI system seems to have a design flaw, in that it draws the inventorymenu.swf widget from several locations, not consistently the SkyUI BSA file.

-

Archived