ANK Castle by Arrow & Knee MOD Team - Version 4.0

This might be a silly question for some but how do i unpack those archives? WinRAR goes nuts when i try to open it.

:huh:

Try 7z

Oh lol.. no you say it, i recognize the data ending. :idea:

7zip, unpacks it, though only the first file, which results in a bsa archive without esp. O_o

This works fine on my 6 year old dual core pc with a 9800GT GFX card in, and works fine also with my monster new rig that came from the future - from what I can tell Childe's PC is not exactly top spec hence he wants to keep the mod playable for his own beenfits, so unless you are literally trying to play skyrim on modded zx spectrum you should be ok. New hairs and such are to make the mod 'nicer' and to add it's own style which is fine - should not kill your PC in any way heh (unless it is actually a spectrum with a bigger fan and keyboard or summit)

those hair u mentioned are actually from other mod that may cause a conflict. it would be much better if it goes separately, because of updates.

i wasn't talking about my PC's low to support this mod (it was irony actually, see my previous post, i told what my PC is).....

i repeat what game settings do u use, guys?

Please, I'm begging you. DO NOT USE THIS MOD! It doesn't seem to agree with you.

mod doesn't seem to agree with me or just you don't want to agree with me?

dude i like this mod, and if you didn't notice i'm not trying to argue with anybody. i'm just trying help myself and to solve the problem, because no one seem to understand the real cause of the problem.

This works fine on my 6 year old dual core pc with a 9800GT GFX card in' date=' and works fine also with my monster new rig that came from the future - from what I can tell Childe's PC is not exactly top spec hence he wants to keep the mod playable for his own beenfits, so unless you are literally trying to play skyrim on modded zx spectrum you should be ok. New hairs and such are to make the mod 'nicer' and to add it's own style which is fine - should not kill your PC in any way heh (unless it is actually a spectrum with a bigger fan and keyboard or summit)

[/quote']

those hair u mentioned are actually from other mod that may cause a conflict. it would be much better if it goes separately, because of updates.

i wasn't talking about my PC's low to support this mod (it was irony actually, see my previous post, i told what my PC is).....

i repeat what game settings do u use, guys?

It's fine for me. I'm playing Skyrim on low settings.

i'm just trying help myself and to solve the problem' date=' because no one seem to understand the real cause of the problem.

[/quote']

We're trying to tell you, that PC and settings are not essential.

Some MODs conflict with each other, and Modders can't alway figure out which with which, because there are too many.

So there is a tool called Wrye Bash you can use.

Disable one of the conflicting MODs is what you should do.

So, you'll have to choose which MOD to keep...

If this doesn't help, I'm clueless.

And, you want to know why I don't agree with you? It's all the cursings. They are insulting!

It's fine for me. I'm playing Skyrim on low settings.

thanks mega, as i thought

We're trying to tell you, that PC and settings are not essential.

Some MODs conflict with each other, and Modders can't alway figure out which with which, because there are too many.

So there is a tool called Wrye Bash you can use.

Disable one of the conflicting MODs is what you should do.

So, you'll have to choose which MOD to keep...

If this doesn't help, I'm clueless.

And, you want to know why I don't agree with you? It's all the cursings. They are insulting!

oh man stop telling me useless stuff. you're insulting me. are you ever listening to me? i've herd it thousand times already, i know how to use wry bash, i have just one mod installed, except body and make up mods of course, the ank castle and it keeps crashing

and i actually don't care if u agree or disagree with me.

well, for you guys, as i thought, this mod simply doesn't work with hi quality grafic settings, exactly textures. this are results of my little test:

1) all grafics on maximum, textures medium - no CTD

2) all grafics high, textures high - CTD every time

3) all grafics medium, textures high - CTD part time

oh man stop telling me useless stuff. you're insulting me. are you ever listening to me? i've herd it thousand times already' date=' i know how to use wry bash, i have just one mod installed, except body and make up mods of course, the ank castle and it keeps crashing

well, for you guys, as i thought, this mod simply doesn't work with hi quality grafic settings, exactly textures. this are results of my little test:

[/quote']

First, learn to spell and use proper grammar. Try using a totally vanilla Skyrim. If that doesn't work and you're just going to bitch at me and Childe, I suggest you leave.

oh man stop telling me useless stuff. you're insulting me. are you ever listening to me? i've herd it thousand times already' date=' i know how to use wry bash, i have just one mod installed, except body and make up mods of course, the ank castle and it keeps crashing

[/quote']

First, learn to spell and use proper grammar. Try using a totally vanilla Skyrim. If that doesn't work and you're just going to bitch at me and Childe, I suggest you leave.

who the hell i was bitching at? are you out of mind or something? i'm just trying to help here.

and what do you mean "try using vanilla skyrim"? as i said it works for me on medium grafics, if you didn't notice and i suggest you to read comments properly

PS: sorry for my english i'm not a native speaker

[/quote']

who the hell i was bitching at? are you out of mind or something? i'm just trying to help here.

and what do you mean "try using vanilla skyrim"? as i said it works for me on medium grafics, if you didn't notice

PS: sorry for my english i'm not a native speaker

Ah, then sorry. But vanilla Skyrim is the original Skyrim with no modifications, like no retextures, no new graphics. Nothing, just regular Skyrim.

I'd like HELP to have as many people being able to use my mod.

I've updated FAQ, see 8. Can I use custom made high detailed textures together with ANK Castle? See if this ends your questions.:)

Remember that you'll have to make a choice in the end.

P.S.:

You have 4Gb memory, but do you use a 64-bit system?

Have you tried tweaking the .ini settings? Try this tool http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=378

Have you tried tweaking settings of your Nvidia card? I'm using a shitty ATI, so sorry you'll have to find out elsewhere how.

Have you tried completely uninstalling the game, and install a fresh one, and use ANK Castle right afterwards to see how's everything going?

I'd like HELP to have as many people being able to use my mod.

I've updated FAQ' date=' see 8. Can I use custom made high detailed textures together with ANK Castle? See if this ends your questions.:)

Remember that you'll have to make a choice in the end.

[/quote'] i use vanilla no hd textures

P.S.:

You have 4Gb memory, but do you use a 64-bit system?

nope i use 32bit system

Have you tried tweaking the .ini settings? Try this tool http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=378

Have you tried tweaking settings of your Nvidia card? I'm using a shitty ATI, so sorry you'll have to find out elsewhere how.

i'm not sure what exactly i have to tweak

Have you tried completely uninstalling the game, and install a fresh one, and use ANK Castle right afterwards to see how's everything going?

yes

PS: thanks for help

nope i use 32bit system

i'm not sure what exactly i have to tweak

Then you don't have 4Gb memory' date=' only 3Gb, that's not enough, especially if you don't know about ini tweaking.

Suggest you buy a 64bit system,

And (Or) learn how to tweak.

[/quote']

i see. now it makes sense. textures require a lot of RAM, either does ank castle with all of its amount of clothes.

thank you very much!

Hey guys' date=' I'm not used to installing files like this. I got the mod to work but I have the floating heads problem, I read the OP's post about it and I am still clueless as to fixing it. I have: ank_castle_addon.esp, Ank_Castle_Main.esm, Ank_Castle_v4.0_BSAPack.7z.001, Ank_Castle_v4.0_BSAPack.7z.002, and Ank_Castle_v4.0_BSAPack.7z.003 all in my data folder with the two plugins activated.

The place looks amazing though, great mod!! Thanks for posting it!!

[/quote']

Try unpacking the BSAPack

You should then get one single Ank_Castle_Main.bsa file

If this doesn't help, I'm clueless...:s

Fixed it 90% although in the living section my character/other characters disappear completely at random times. Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

can annyone help me install this?im just new to skyrim mod and im still practising instlaling basic things usin nexus mod installer or what ever you call it.,do i need todo something after i use nexus mod installer?like writing a bunch of super complicated codes in some of skyrim that i wont be able to find naturally?