As I presume... once you change the female body skin' date=' all female body will look the same? I mean... once I've choosen a design... will all female in game will have the same tatoos on the same body parts? It's there a way of creating a mod that will turn this up in a random way? I mean... there could be multiple designs... without tatoos, with just a few of them, with many... and diferent designs in each case. The mod could sort them out randomly... that way it would give the tatoo mod a more realistic feature. I've got no knowledge about modding... it's just an idea I came out with...

[/quote']

Ok, let me see if i can help you.. It's true and a well known fact that when you change a body or texture every npc in game of the same gender will use that body/texture too. So far i have no knowledge of a mod that let's you have lots of unique npcs. However there are some ways that you can at least make your character look "unique" among them. First of all take a look at this page. I haven't got to try this yet so i don't have a personal opinon on it. Another way is to use a custom race. Personaly i use ashen race and this way i can add the custom body/textures specificaly to this race so no other npc will look like my char. to do this, instead of replacing vanilla meshes/textures you'll have to examine the custom race folder structure and replace it's files instead. So if you normaly install the female textures in - skyrim folder/data/textures/actors/character/female - the custom race folder structure (ashen in this example) tells me that i must replace textures in this structure - skyrim folder/data/textures/actors/character/Oriental/female - this also applies to meshes. and now since only your char and none of the npcs are using this custom race, the custom textures/meshes will only apply to your char. Note that the custom race must be able to use custom bodies too. Ashen race for example supports the most popular, CBBE and UNP. You can also replace custom race with one option of body/texture and vanilla with another but remember, vanilla is for everyone other than you. well, i hope this has been of some help. :)

Great jobs man. But can you convert your works to CHSBHC version ? Using CBBE on CHSBHC body look really bad.

Ok. but would be better for me if you could tell me wich specific sets you want converted. I've been in a vacation period till now so i won't be abble to update so regularly as before. converting them all would take me forever now. :-/

Great jobs man. But can you convert your works to CHSBHC version ? Using CBBE on CHSBHC body look really bad.

Ok. but would be better for me if you could tell me wich specific sets you want converted. I've been in a vacation period till now so i won't be abble to update so regularly as before. converting them all would take me forever now. :-/

Hmm like Dark set 4 or tribal set full body :)

Ok' date=' let me see if i can help you.. It's true and a well known fact that when you change a body or texture every npc in game of the same gender will use that body/texture too. So far i have no knowledge of a mod that let's you have lots of unique npcs. However there are some ways that you can at least make your character look "unique" among them. First of all take a look at this page. I haven't got to try this yet so i don't have a personal opinon on it. Another way is to use a custom race. Personaly i use ashen race and this way i can add the custom body/textures specificaly to this race so no other npc will look like my char. to do this, instead of replacing vanilla meshes/textures you'll have to examine the custom race folder structure and replace it's files instead. So if you normaly install the female textures in - skyrim folder/data/textures/actors/character/female - the custom race folder structure (ashen in this example) tells me that i must replace textures in this structure - skyrim folder/data/textures/actors/character/Oriental/female - this also applies to meshes. and now since only your char and none of the npcs are using this custom race, the custom textures/meshes will only apply to your char. Note that the custom race must be able to use custom bodies too. Ashen race for example supports the most popular, CBBE and UNP. You can also replace custom race with one option of body/texture and vanilla with another but remember, vanilla is for everyone other than you. well, i hope this has been of some help. :)

Thanks for your help, it surely will help someone out. It wasn't what I was looking for, in any case I appreciate your help. I've got a male player, and I was looking like a random sort of the textures for the NPCs... both males and females. Sort of diversity to encourage more realism. If there could be a tatoo studio or something like that where the player could customize in game, it would be perfect... but thats a really hard work for the use it's going to have... but at least I thought it could at least include it and have some diversity... as I see from your helpful answer this it's not possible, and emulate something sort of similar would be a really hard job... hehe... thanks anyways

Ok' date=' let me see if i can help you.. It's true and a well known fact that when you change a body or texture every npc in game of the same gender will use that body/texture too. So far i have no knowledge of a mod that let's you have lots of unique npcs. However there are some ways that you can at least make your character look "unique" among them. First of all take a look at this page. I haven't got to try this yet so i don't have a personal opinon on it. Another way is to use a custom race. Personaly i use ashen race and this way i can add the custom body/textures specificaly to this race so no other npc will look like my char. to do this, instead of replacing vanilla meshes/textures you'll have to examine the custom race folder structure and replace it's files instead. So if you normaly install the female textures in - skyrim folder/data/textures/actors/character/female - the custom race folder structure (ashen in this example) tells me that i must replace textures in this structure - skyrim folder/data/textures/actors/character/Oriental/female - this also applies to meshes. and now since only your char and none of the npcs are using this custom race, the custom textures/meshes will only apply to your char. Note that the custom race must be able to use custom bodies too. Ashen race for example supports the most popular, CBBE and UNP. You can also replace custom race with one option of body/texture and vanilla with another but remember, vanilla is for everyone other than you. well, i hope this has been of some help. :)

Thanks for your help, it surely will help someone out. It wasn't what I was looking for, in any case I appreciate your help. I've got a male player, and I was looking like a random sort of the textures for the NPCs... both males and females. Sort of diversity to encourage more realism. If there could be a tatoo studio or something like that where the player could customize in game, it would be perfect... but thats a really hard work for the use it's going to have... but at least I thought it could at least include it and have some diversity... as I see from your helpful answer this it's not possible, and emulate something sort of similar would be a really hard job... hehe... thanks anyways

Yes, as you can probably see in the comment section of that nexus mod, it's pretty hard to have just 2 different types of body meshes working together without a handfull of bugs, let alone try to have a full variety of body types, textures, races, etc working flawlessly at the same time. I don't think that's impossible, but quite hard to achieve. But i see your point clearly, and that's an idea i would like to see materialized too. but that's up for someone far more talented in that matter than me... ;)

Yes' date=' as you can probably see in the comment section of that nexus mod, it's pretty hard to have just 2 different types of body meshes working together without a handfull of bugs, let alone try to have a full variety of body types, textures, races, etc working flawlessly at the same time. I don't think that's impossible, but quite hard to achieve. But i see your point clearly, and that's an idea i would like to see materialized too. but that's up for someone far more talented in that matter than me... ;)

[/quote']

Again, thanks for your help... I really appreciate it. In any case, I just wanted to point something out. You say that's a job for someone more talented than you... I don't think so... I'll explain myself. This game wasn't developed by just one person. There was a group of people working at it. Designers, programers, animators, guionist... even the testers of the game had much to do with the final product bethesda came out with. What I still don't understand it's why modders keep doing mods alone. There's an obvious handicap about this way of thinking, the diversity of mods with the same purpose. This hands out with an incompability between mods. For example we've got many different mods of uncensored bodys. There are many mods that uses this type of mods to make their mods sort of complete. The problem is, there are mods oriented to one specific one, there are others with different versions depending on the mods your using, etc... This makes players have to decide the best combination of possible mods they can have in game without bugs comming out of it. Maybe you've got 2 mods you want to include on your skyrim game... but one it's based on 1 mod... and there's the other based on another mod. The problem it's that the mods they are based on are not compatible... so in any case, you'll have to choose between both.

Theres something else too... a group of people can contain a much greater group of skills for modding. It's really dificult to find someone who it's good at designing, programming, coming out with a jod story for a quest and willing to test their mods until no bugs show up. Their can be people with all those skills, but, I'm pretty sure that you can find someone who will design much better than someone with all those skills. Or capable of programming in a much lighter and clean way... os someone who's really good about developing a story line for a quest. Many just work alone because it's much easier... no need to discuss anything with nobody... you'll get all the recognition, etc... But a group of modders will definately work faster and come out with a much more refined mod and obviously more complete too. There could be sort of subgroups who work on a specific mod, for the mod... and at the end you can come out with a working compilation of mods all in one. Free of bugs, much easier to install/include on your skyrim files, etc... I'm pretty sure that if a group of modders comes out with a mod like this... many modders will start to orient their modding work to be compatible with this compilation of mods. I tell you this because maybe theirs more talent needed for this purpose, but... haven't got to come out all that talent from the same person. You're really good designing, you could work with textures for the mod and compile your work with someone else work. Maybe there's someone working out a mod for diversity bodys in skyrim, but's not quite good designing the bodys or the texture for those bodys. If both of you could join your work up... Ho! Ho! Ho! Christmas time could come sooner this year.

Basically what I'm trying to come out with here is that there should be more group work and less individualism, and with this, mods will gain quality, will work much better with less bugs, and new version releases would be much faster. I'm looking out for new releases of modders with an interesting but unfinished projects. Many of this modders got a job, or responsabilitys to look out of. This derives in many of this projects getting abandon, not coming out with new releases of the project. It's like swallowing a sweet, and then someone taking it out from your mouth punching you... Groups have benefits in this aspect. If one of the members can keep on the modding work... other members of the group with the same skills can finish the job... or if there's no more members with the skill needed, they can find a new member with those skills to finish the work. The only disadvantage I find when working in a team format it's that not all members will think the same way, or will want the same things... this derives in discussions of different points of view... but there's two ways of facing it out. With a leader (there will be many problems sorting out who should be the leader, everyone whants to have the leadership, but not all have the right skills for being a good leader)... or grouping with people with the same ideas and affinity, but there will be discussion still in both cases (discuss it's not bad... but doing it with immaturity in any case it's the real problem...). An easy way of solving this it's voting any idea... but there must be mature people who accept the majority decision, even when there opinion it's the minority one.

Yes' date=' as you can probably see in the comment section of that nexus mod, it's pretty hard to have just 2 different types of body meshes working together without a handfull of bugs, let alone try to have a full variety of body types, textures, races, etc working flawlessly at the same time. I don't think that's impossible, but quite hard to achieve. But i see your point clearly, and that's an idea i would like to see materialized too. but that's up for someone far more talented in that matter than me... ;)

[/quote']

Again, thanks for your help... I really appreciate it. In any case, I just wanted to point something out. You say that's a job for someone more talented than you... I don't think so... I'll explain myself. This game wasn't developed by just one person. There was a group of people working at it. Designers, programers, animators, guionist... even the testers of the game had much to do with the final product bethesda came out with. What I still don't understand it's why modders keep doing mods alone. There's an obvious handicap about this way of thinking, the diversity of mods with the same purpose. This hands out with an incompability between mods. For example we've got many different mods of uncensored bodys. There are many mods that uses this type of mods to make their mods sort of complete. The problem is, there are mods oriented to one specific one, there are others with different versions depending on the mods your using, etc... This makes players have to decide the best combination of possible mods they can have in game without bugs comming out of it. Maybe you've got 2 mods you want to include on your skyrim game... but one it's based on 1 mod... and there's the other based on another mod. The problem it's that the mods they are based on are not compatible... so in any case, you'll have to choose between both.

Theres something else too... a group of people can contain a much greater group of skills for modding. It's really dificult to find someone who it's good at designing, programming, coming out with a jod story for a quest and willing to test their mods until no bugs show up. Their can be people with all those skills, but, I'm pretty sure that you can find someone who will design much better than someone with all those skills. Or capable of programming in a much lighter and clean way... os someone who's really good about developing a story line for a quest. Many just work alone because it's much easier... no need to discuss anything with nobody... you'll get all the recognition, etc... But a group of modders will definately work faster and come out with a much more refined mod and obviously more complete too. There could be sort of subgroups who work on a specific mod, for the mod... and at the end you can come out with a working compilation of mods all in one. Free of bugs, much easier to install/include on your skyrim files, etc... I'm pretty sure that if a group of modders comes out with a mod like this... many modders will start to orient their modding work to be compatible with this compilation of mods. I tell you this because maybe theirs more talent needed for this purpose, but... haven't got to come out all that talent from the same person. You're really good designing, you could work with textures for the mod and compile your work with someone else work. Maybe there's someone working out a mod for diversity bodys in skyrim, but's not quite good designing the bodys or the texture for those bodys. If both of you could join your work up... Ho! Ho! Ho! Christmas time could come sooner this year.

Basically what I'm trying to come out with here is that there should be more group work and less individualism, and with this, mods will gain quality, will work much better with less bugs, and new version releases would be much faster. I'm looking out for new releases of modders with an interesting but unfinished projects. Many of this modders got a job, or responsabilitys to look out of. This derives in many of this projects getting abandon, not coming out with new releases of the project. It's like swallowing a sweet, and then someone taking it out from your mouth punching you... Groups have benefits in this aspect. If one of the members can keep on the modding work... other members of the group with the same skills can finish the job... or if there's no more members with the skill needed, they can find a new member with those skills to finish the work. The only disadvantage I find when working in a team format it's that not all members will think the same way, or will want the same things... this derives in discussions of different points of view... but there's two ways of facing it out. With a leader (there will be many problems sorting out who should be the leader, everyone whants to have the leadership, but not all have the right skills for being a good leader)... or grouping with people with the same ideas and affinity, but there will be discussion still in both cases (discuss it's not bad... but doing it with immaturity in any case it's the real problem...). An easy way of solving this it's voting any idea... but there must be mature people who accept the majority decision, even when there opinion it's the minority one.

Yes, you're absolutely right. I recall in older bethesda games seeing some groups of modders formed by community members who started as individuals. If i'm not wrong, Project Nevada for fallout new vegas is one example. That mod was something that added ++ to the game and a good example of what a well coordinated team of joined efforts can achieve. If i was to be part of a team, wich i would gladly do, i would however, not want to be the leader. Not that i'm not suited for such, but simply cause i have kind of a busy life to be up front in such a group (and this is what happens to most people). Modding does not have a profit in the end and because of this we have to focus primarily in what makes the bread fall in our table, not to mention social life and people we have to take care in some manner or another. Even recently i had started moving to another house with the GF and that free time i had for being in my parent's house got lost somewhere.:D That made me by consequense stop working at this little "hobby" that was "messing with textures" for skyrim. Let's just hope it's only till the dust settles down. Anyway, you make a very good point, and you have a leader's way of thinking, i think you should start gathering the team.:D and i'm serious at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't see the images?

All i see is:

colour set 1

Spoiler:

[image: V8u3Q.jpg]

i am using newest version of firefox

Edit:

If i right click on the link and press copy, then paste the picture somewhere els, then i can see it :) And WoW this is just what i have been looking for

I really liked this :) I play a mage and I was inspired to try a re-tex of my own since you provided instructions and resources and everything, made it so easy!

So I downloaded a Daedric font, not entirely happy with what came out, feels a bit mishmash since there's no relation to english at all, though I did write some stuff out in english O_o

Thinking of getting one of the LotR fonts and trying that, they're generally pretty...

So here's my first attempt: http://i.imgur.com/2xrC0.jpg

I was attempting to copy the half-body tattoo, think I might just rip the tattoo off completely, hollow it out and put some mystical writing inside...

Anyway I'm posting now because I'd like to make some parts of it reflective, is that possible? Anyone know how? I think it'd add a lot to it if I could say, make a magic circle of some sort and have the outside edge and the inner part reflective...

I don't have that much spare time so work would be slow for anyone who's interested :)

Edit: The full half-body tattoo isn't in the resources :( I can still use the dds version of it but it'll take longer, don't suppose you can upload it for me? ^_^

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a question how hard would it be for a person to take one of these and put it into paint.net? I have seen it on the nexus from one person that uploaded a tattoo that used paint.net you just had to drop your body file into paint.net then the tattoo file and if both files were the same size you clicked add layer if the tattoo file was not the same size then you had to change it to match the body size. Which I like better then ones that use body textures as not everyone uses the same bodies as everyone else does and adding it straight to your players body texture seems so much better.

• 4 weeks later...

Would it be possible to merge the skin qaulity to the new Ultra skin texture in the New CBBE body download with this tattoo set? I REALLY love them, but the skin qaulity texture of the skin for your tattoos are.. meh. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? xD The problem is that I can see the shading in the skin between colors.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi..i just saw this post and your body tattoos are so amazing.. so i followed your tutorials and applied it to the skin i'm using right now which is the SG textures renewal (you can find it in the nexus server) and it made my fantasy semi-real...lol  :D

here are some screenshots of my char... i apologize if the pics are dark..it's because of my weather mod... tnx for this article..keep it up! ^^ kudos

photo.php?fbid=10200470633871837&set=pcbphoto.php?fbid=10200470633631831&set=pcbphoto.php?fbid=10200470633191820&set=pcb

• 2 weeks later...