Character always sad. (Literally)

Fenwood

Can someone PLEASE tell me why my character is always using a sad face animation in the game, or how I can fix it.

Here's how it's suppose to look (character editor) versus how it actually looks (immediately after editor closes):

post-41331-13597873920324_thumb.jpg vs. post-41331-13597873920838_thumb.jpg (note the eyebrows, the more closed eyes, and the slight pout in the lips)

It's really getting frustrating as I spend all this time making a beautiful character and it look unhappy through the ENTIRE GAME.

Any ideas, or others having this issue?

:( Nobody?

Could somebody at least poke their heads into their game, open up character creation: and compare the face to what it looks like immediately after it closes to see if I'm the only one experiencing this problem?

Baw. :(

Have you tried getting into combat yet, that tends to default the face to Angry, so it might reset things.

Also, if you have Puppeteer Master, try disabling it. I don't think this sort of thing is a known error, but it's the only mod I know of that lets you play with the character's emotions. If you don't have it, try it out. Under Misc>Facial you can set it back to Neutral. Might help.

Good luck.

Baw. :(

Have you tried getting into combat yet' date=' that tends to default the face to Angry, so it might reset things.

Also, if you have Puppeteer Master, try disabling it. I don't think this sort of thing is a known error, but it's the only mod I know of that lets you play with the character's emotions. If you don't have it, try it out. Under Misc>Facial you can set it back to Neutral. Might help.

Good luck.

[/quote']

Thanks for the reply. Don't use puppet master, so I'll give it a try. I rarely ever get into a fight, as I'm a sneak type... I managed to successfully 1-shot 30X backstab Morokai (err...spelling might be off). Fights rarely happen.

Edit: So it turns out that sad face IS considered the neutral face. And the sad face is....Even sadder. Why can't neutral just be the basic character creation face?!?! Granted Puzzled would actually be a fun face to walk around with. It's actually quite adorable..

Edit2: ACK! There's a pattern! Not all neutral faces are the same!

Sprinting then Standing = Sad face shown above.

Anytime you sprint the default face goes back to that sad person.

BUT, if you set the Puzzled Face, then do a power attack and go back to neutral face, you get the true neutral face from creation. (Sprint + Power attack the Stand = Sad Face)

This however is lost upon sprinting again, where neutral gets stuck in that sad face again... What is the deal!?!

Does she really hate running so much?

give puppeteer master mod a try' date=' it allows you to change faces

[/quote']

I did...it's kind of neat.. but it seems that that sad face is stuck as the neutral face if I ever sprint.

I can reset it to normal neutral by using the mod to set a different face (such as "puzzled"), then power attacking. Then I get a truly neutral looking face.

But the second I sprint again, the face gets stuck as sad.

I've experienced same issue. Just before character looks sad anytime, I updated skyrim to 1.5 beta and applied Unofficial Skyrim Patch 1.02 beta. Unappling Unofficial Skyrim Patch didn't fix this issue.

I've experienced same issue. Just before character looks sad anytime' date=' I updated skyrim to 1.5 beta and applied Unofficial Skyrim Patch 1.02 beta. Unappling Unofficial Skyrim Patch didn't fix this issue.

[/quote']

Thx for letting me know. At least it narrows down the possibility that one of my mods is causing the issue.

Narrow top and normal bottom lip show an underbite, and that's a bad match, hun.

I think that's just the lighting.. In a more neutral light it looks normal, and from the side there is clearly no underbite... Not that there's any way to adjust the mouth in that way, even if there was....

• 10 months later...

Archived