[FONV] Type N Body Replacer

Type N Body Replacer FONV

This body is a based on Luchaire's Type V with three distinct differences:

• Narrow shoulders common to Type 3 have been added.
  • Now uses the BnB "bouncy girl" animations and skeleton.
  • Uses smaller hands for girls instead of vanilla gorilla hands.

The initial weighting for the "girls" was done by Revaneg. I handled the narrow shoulders and updating the various outfits to include bounciness (among other things).

Quickie FAQ

• BnB!? Does this mean most vanilla outfits are topless??

NO! I tried to keep to the original intent for existing clothing. I did take a little creative license on a few outfits but nothing is crazy. (Well, OK, half the vanilla outfits were crazy... :D) At any rate, you're not going to encounter old women with girls hanging out. (At least, I don't think so... :s)

• Are outfits crazy bouncy like the standard BnB!?

No! The "without apparel" body has a reasonable amount of jiggly. Outfits reduce this to varying levels from fairly jiggly (skimpy clothing) to not at all (armor).

• Do I need anything from BnB for this to work!?

No! Everything needed for operation is included in the download.

• I have some super cool Type3 body textures. Will they work with Type N?

Yes! Body textures for Type N are compatible with Type 3 textures.

Screenies:

post-100-13597873777625_thumb.jpgpost-100-13597873843449_thumb.jpg post-100-13597873844017_thumb.jpgpost-100-13597873844772_thumb.jpgpost-100-13597873907212_thumb.jpgpost-100-13597874738998_thumb.jpgpost-100-1359787496527_thumb.jpg

Additional screenies will come as testing continues. :blush:

Type N for Vanilla

Type N Replacer 1.1

An esp is here for correcting some glove problems. Also includes alternative "down there" textures. At some point I may do up a snazzy fomm script to interactively choose but not till after things have been tested.

Version History

• 1.1 - Fixed: Cass Spinning Head of DOOM; other stuff
  • 1.0 - Added 4th PowderGanger Outfit, assorted fixes.
  • 0.9 - Fixed gambler outfits, Veronica's Gloves
  • 0.8 - Initial Test Release

Type N for DLC's

Type N DLC (0.9).7z

Version History

• 0.9 - Stealthsuit, Hazmat, Gloves
  • 0.8 - Initial Test Release

Other Type N Conversions:

EDIT: No longer necessary to download. I've updated the main file now! :D

Already found a few bugs tonight. Fortunately it's only an esp fix. So testers, grab the following:

The issue at hand was one of the casual dresses. There was no way to finagle the nif to get it to accept the vanilla re-texture in game. (Due to some modifications.) SO... I had to change the textures. A little annoying but these aren't outfits players would normally use so it shouldn't cause too much trouble.

I'll update the main file a bit later. :angel:

Thanks for sharing Nessa, this is a really nice body shape. I especially like the subtle breast movement (smaller breasts than my current body \o/) and having narrower hips than the Alice body is great too.

I quit after NV decided to mess up and refuse to load my savegames (62+ hours down the drain BOO!), so time to clean reinstall and be more selective with my mods lol. This one's definitely going in there though.

Some of the FO3 stuff is still in New Vegas but not used. I figured it was better to be safe and have it converted in case some mod somewhere uses the Ant Agonist armor or Oasis outfits for instance. Though I don't believe either of those has any jiggly.

Haven't run into more bugs yet which is astounding me. Of course now that I'm saying that here I'll run into 50. ;)

Almost have a few outfit mods converted to Type N as well. :D

Some of the FO3 stuff is still in New Vegas but not used. I figured it was better to be safe and have it converted in case some mod somewhere uses the Ant Agonist armor or Oasis outfits for instance. Though I don't believe either of those has any jiggly.

Aha' date=' so Obsidian were slackers about leaving in unused assets then :)

I'll try them in FO3 once I eventually get it working again, unless I slack more than Obsidian...

Haven't run into more bugs yet which is astounding me. Of course now that I'm saying that here I'll run into 50. ;)

Almost have a few outfit mods converted to Type N as well. :D

I'm looking forward to them. :D

Just updated the main download for vanilla. A few more tweaks and fixed the glaring problem with Veronica's gloves.

Still have some more gloves to deal with (like... all of them!). Apparently nobody redid the vanilla gloves with the smaller hands?

Also on the todo list are more clothing conversions. Vegas Girl is on the way along with a few more.

No they really aren't. Basically just tweak the mesh into position and reweight it. (Usually by script unless it's a skirt/robe.)

Sometimes things need to get a little more complicated like fitting it to the body better. That can use a combination of modifiers and generally you have to either remap or adjust the mapping to stop blurring. For instance if an outfit is fit to giant "girls" and is sized down sometimes the mapping doesn't translate well.

Other than that, pretty simple. :D

No they really aren't. Basically just tweak the mesh into position and reweight it. (Usually by script unless it's a skirt/robe.)

I think I'll have a stab at it then. Hopefully it won't stab me back ;) I'm totally new to 3d modelling so it'll certainly be a learning experience.

The first outfit I looked at has a knee length skirt though :s

Sometimes things need to get a little more complicated like fitting it to the body better. That can use a combination of modifiers and generally you have to either remap or adjust the mapping to stop blurring. For instance if an outfit is fit to giant "girls" and is sized down sometimes the mapping doesn't translate well.

Other than that' date=' pretty simple. :D

[/quote']

Most of the things I want are available as type3/3m/6m/unp/tgnd/small hgec which hopefully won't be a problem. I don't even have any outfits for big bodies like DMRA since I think they look silly :D

I was already a modeller when I started with Oblivion. Only, I model and animate in 3ds max, not blender. Max had no end of trouble (or I did anyway) exporting to nifs that would work with the fallouts. So I switched to Blender just for conversions and minor tweaking. If I actually -make- something it's still with max. (No way in hell I could map anything from scratch with that garbage UV editor in Blender anyway...) One thing that really annoys me with Blender are the import/export times. It takes FOREVER. (OK, it's probably only 40 seconds or so but with max it's instant! :-/)

A lot of Blender controls are keyboard based and counter-intuitive. I found it was a good idea to have a printout of them handy while learning. You do get used to it after awhile. I guess... :angel:

Did you thought about uploading this to nexus?

Just noticed the question! :blush:

I don't think I'll mess with the Nexus. Every time I go to post something (Oblivion, Fallout, or whatever...) it always seems like such a major hassle. (I swear the upload page asks for everything from my birthday to the first guy I kissed. :@) Plus they have a habit of going bonkers over there to the point where the rules seem nebulous. Muuuch less hassle here. :angel:

Besides, I think we get more traffic here anyway. ;):D

If you think that's a hassle' date=' before my first upload I had to track down and kiss a dude so I had something to supply in the first guy you kissed field. And I'm a heterosexual male.

Plus the gas station attendant wasn't too jazzed when I hauled off and frenched him.

[/quote']

What, they didn't require a notarised statement from your partner attesting to it? I'm shocked.

BTW, how did the attendant react when you explained why you did it? :)

• 3 weeks later...

yIWOH.jpg

thanks' date=' but I can't see the image... 403 forbidden...

[/quote']

Yeah right click the link, choose view image then when you get the 403 error put your cursor in the url text entry box and hit enter, the image should load. Imgur is blocking hotlinking from the loverslab domain for some reason.

Got busy with real life and Oblivion lately. However, just updated to the latest version. This new one has a bunch of fixes (that I naturally can't recall) and a new 4th outfit for PowderGangers. (It doesn't exist in vanilla. Guys normally got 4 outfits and girls only 3. NO MORE! Of course it is rather breezy since it only consists of a pair of shorts and an ammo... belt... thingy. :blush:) Note: the esp is required for this. It may be wise to merge with any mods that alter vanilla armors.

Also added a pic of the "rear" along with an action shot of the new outfit to the screenies section. :D

yIWOH.jpg

thanks' date=' but I can't see the image... 403 forbidden...

[/quote']

Yeah right click the link, choose view image then when you get the 403 error put your cursor in the url text entry box and hit enter, the image should load. Imgur is blocking hotlinking from the loverslab domain for some reason.

That explains alot! Thanks =)

I imbeded it and it shows up for me.

http://i.imgur.com/yIWOH.jpg Well there's the link to copy and paste.

It didn't for me' date=' but I just click ed your link and refreshed it so Now I Can See The Light! ;)

Got busy with real life and Oblivion lately. However, just updated to the latest version. This new one has a bunch of fixes (that I naturally can't recall) and a new 4th outfit for PowderGangers. (It doesn't exist in vanilla. Guys normally got 4 outfits and girls only 3. NO MORE! Of course it is rather breezy since it only consists of a pair of shorts and an ammo... belt... thingy. :blush:) Note: the esp is required for this. It may be wise to merge with any mods that alter vanilla armors.

Also added a pic of the "rear" along with an action shot of the new outfit to the screenies section. :D

Thanks =)

• 2 weeks later...

New update for the DLC's! :)

Added a more feminine version of the stealthsuit. (It's supposed to conform to the user...) Fixed several gloves and the Hazmat suit that wasn't done right in vanilla. Also added a missing armor. (Basically a retextured BoS thingy.)

I've got updates on the main download waiting right now. I'm trying to go through all the gloves and get them shrunk. ;)