Feedback on DD mods, please?

halieslade

I'm editing this post after a suggestion from mybrainhurts -- he's right, I should have made this about DD mods in general.  I only mentioned Captured Dreams because it struck the most emotional chord with me and was the last DD mod I've played.  I did not set out to "trash" his mod (it's too well done to do that).  But as I explain down this thread, I had an emotional response to the quests and ended up deleting it.

I've had a lot of fun with the different DD mods I've tried, and several of them were extremely well written.  But what it came down to was personal preference and taste.

I should clarify -- I'm not picky about vulgar language or explicit scenes.  I thought the guards scene at Elenwen's Party (Captured Dreams) was one of the best I've played.  But from being gangbanged by Thalmor guards, the mod gave me my own sub to care for - I think just because I sassed the Master.  I wanted more sex, not getting bound and gagged and watching the clock pass without any sex or action of any kind.  Even demonstrating devices for the visitor started out ok and ended up being a huge bore.

Captured Dreams really is one of the best-written mods I tried.  It came down to cups of tea.  As in "not mine".  It's already annoying to max your sneak, stealthily approach a pickpocket victim or a house to be burgled and have the stupid courier run up and hand you a note (taking his sweet damned time about it).  Or a quest NPC start chatting you up.  But with CD, I would stop sneaking in the worst places, stand up and start playing with myself!  WTF?

I have Prison Overhaul loaded and working right now, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.  Hopefully my character will receive more attention than she did in CD.

I liked a lot of aspects of Defeat, as well.  It's an excellent alternative to dying in combat (or always winning, if you set your minimum health high and use Submit to surrender to a band of outlaws).  I still died, but that was my fault :)   Ultimately I removed it because it was interfering with the combat side of my game, just as I did Captured Dreams.

I'm still on the lookout for a good DD mod that gives me more rape/gang sex/rough stuff with minimal interference with normal game combat functions.  As I say down this thread, I want more sex and less captivity.  (A little bit of which goes a long way for me).

Suggestions, please?

You know, one of the advantages of a forum is you can talk directly to the creator of a mod in a respectful manner instead of posting passive-aggressive crap like this.

EDIT: The original post has been edited to be not passive-aggressive, so good on Halieslade.

You know, one of the advantages of a forum is you can talk directly to the creator of a mod in a respectful manner instead of posting passive-aggressive crap like this.

I have spoken to him, though not about my feelings on the mod other than to say that it was well done.

What exactly is "passive aggressive" about expressing my personal feelings on DD mods I've tried?  Why go to the lengths of calling my post "crap", which is nothing but insulting and for no real reason. 

I even said Captured Dreams was well written. Did you miss this part?

Captured Dreams really is one of the best-written mods I tried.  It came down to cups of tea.  As in "not mine".

Look up the definition of passive aggressive.  Now look up "crap".  Your insulting response was uncalled for and way off point.

I was looking for feedback on DD mods in general.  I'm guessing from this that you don't have any.  Next time, don't bother.

Why is your opinion of one mod important enough to warrant a thread?

That's a more reasonable question, thank you.

I wasn't clear, I know.  I'm sorry about that.  I was feeling a lot of conflicts over the various DD mods I've played.  it was more than just one mod - I have actually been in a real life submissive relationship (4 years), so I was surprised when mods in an RPG could invoke the sorts of feelings I was having in Skyrim. 

To Veladarius' credit,  the quests and dialog he gave to the Master were real enough to me to invoke visceral emotional reactions.  It may not have been enjoyable to me personally, but in order to do that it had to be extremely well written. 

About my motive, which I did not explain clearly:  I've tried several DD mods (not just Captured Dreams).  All were well done.  But they didn't offer what I'm looking for.  I was hoping someone could suggest a mod that would provide more sex and less captivity.  Prostitution mods don't do it for me.   if nothing else, I now realize that captivity is an emotional trigger for me and I should avoid it.

I was looking for feedback on DD mods in general.

By trashing Captured Dreams in particular?

It's a shame you didn't simply start a thread asking for feedback on DD mods in general. That could have been interesting.

It was NOT my intention to trash any mod.  But you make a good point, so I edited my OP to be more general and ask for input on DD mods.

I would suggest Deviously Cursed Loot and pairing it with Deviously Helpless if you're looking for something like Defeat but skipping the fighting (especially with an armbinder on). These are the DD mods that I can remember that doesn't involve captivity/enslavement, but it does includes a lot of restraints that might hinder fighting. Then again they are very configurable via MCM.

Also you might also look into Deviously Enslaved without any of the enslavement mods like SD+, which should only allow for NPCs demanding sex from your character by a certain chance when wearing DD items.

I'd keep Captured Dream in case I would like to get some devices removed, tho I have been using Devious Device Cutting to escape gags and blindfold when my character's hands are free.

I would also suggest Devious Cidhna but afaik that involves captivity, so maybe Angrim's Apprentice. Someone could give a better opinion on these two since I haven't play through both of these mods that much.

I hope that helps.

Guest Snares

Just a small thought to reflect upon: If you want less captivity, using bondage themed mods isnt the most intuitive thing to do. Nearly all DD mods that involve quests will be about captivity, because thats the result of having NPCs adding items to you.

I would install deviously cursed loot and/or defeat.

Thanks, you guys!  I'm running Deviously Enslaved right now along with PetCollar and it gives me the flexibility to be accosted by NPCs depending on how I tweak MCM. 

Defeat was one of the first DD mods I tried and I had some fun with it after I figured out how to avoid being 100% bound & helpless in the middle of the wilderness :)  Maybe I should reload it.

Zydar, I hadn't heard of Devious Cidhna -- my character is in that mine right now, doing that quest.  I wonder if it's too late to add another 20 miners? (she does have an insatiable appetite, after all). 

Need to advance this current PC a bit farther and then I'm thinking maybe a Succubus for a change.  :)

Archived