I got the line by Haelga about being a master of the thuum and having a dextrous tongue but not sure how to get what she might say during Caught Red Handed... 

Hint?

Honestly? I can't remember. :)

I can't remember which NPCs I've added and which I haven't, or for what parts they were added.

If I get some free time, I might go through this mod with a fine-toothed comb and find out, make up a full list with references... that would make things easier on me...

Here's the ones I've found and verified (started this list soon after I started on the mod but forgot a few)

--Estormo (The Staff of Magnus)
--The Caller (Hitting the Books)
--Tolfdir (Rejoining the College)
--Calcelmo (Hard Answers) [thanks to mybrainhurts]
--Farengar (Salt for Arcadia) - ? choose to take salt, he thanks you for doing an low errand
--Nepos the Nose (The Forsworn Conspiracy) [thanks to The Matrix Prime]
--Degaine (Begging, and The Heart of Dibella) [thanks to BIZZY BONE]
--Aela (Take Up Arms) [thanks to thermius]
--Radiant thieves (Wilderness encounter) [thanks to jordisslave and thermius] - adds to yes/no/I have no money, replaces persuade-Sex with intimidate-Do you want to die
--Brawlers (Fight! Fight!)
--Atar (Saurnuach Mine) [thanks to Jfraser] - why he shouldn't stick a dagger in your chest, guaranteed persuasion pass?
--Harrald (Bring It) - yes/no/I am dragonborn, do you really mean I should be your errandboy?
--Delphine (the Paarthurnax Dilemma) [thanks to jordisslave]
--Summoned Dremora (Conjuration Ritual quest)
--Malborn (Diplomatic Immunity) - Yes she picked me, the Dragonborn, so I think I can handle this...
--Wuunfurth (Blood on the Ice part 2)
--Taarie (Fit for a Jarl) - if you say no she responds with comments about not making you look any sillier
--Haelga (Caught Red Handed) [thanks to jordisslave] - unknown
--Enthir (Onmund's Request) [thanks to jordisslave]
--Galmar (Joining the Stormcloaks) [thanks to cheeselover22] - skips the first quest, having the dragonborn on their side is a coup
--Rikke (Joining the Legion) [thanks to cheeselover22] - skips the first quest, having the dragonborn on their side is a coup
--Rhiada (The Forsworn Conspiracy) [thanks to jfraser]
--Jarls (Thane quests) [thanks to dpgillam] - don't need to help 3-5 people, having the dragonborn as thane is good enough
--Mogrul (Dragonborn / A New Debt)
--Isran (Dawnguard / Join the Dawnguard)
--Delphine (A Blade in the Dark) - implemented, I forget what it was
--Sergius Turrianus (general)
--Urag gro-Shub (general) - you would have the dragonborn torn apart by angry atronachs?
--Calcelmo (general) [thanks to mybrainhurts]
--Valtheim Towers Guard (general) [thanks to jordisslave and thermius]
--Erikur (general) [thanks to skyrimll]
--Nazeem (general) [thanks to skyrimll and thermius] - replaces his lines spoken when he bumps into you
--Maul (general) [thanks to thermius] - on entering riften, i'll go whereever I want, i'm dragonborn
--Hemming (general) [thanks to waxenfigure]
--Riften jail guard (general) - more powerful persuade - dragonborn can go wherever
--Nelkir (general) [thanks to jfraser] - random comments as the kids get close to you
--Dagny (general) - random comments as the kids get close to you
--Riften gate guard (general) [thanks to jfraser] - dragonborn pays no gate tax
--Odfel (general)
--Farengar (general)
--Bolgeir Bearclaw (general)
--Bendt (general)
--East Empire Company dockmaster (general)
--Taarie (general) - dragonborn status no exemption from bad fashion
--Kayd (general) - random comments as the kids get close to you
--Haelga (general) [thanks to jordisslave] - heard you were dragonborn, does thuum make your tongue more agile?
--Radiant wandering adventurers (general)
--Grelka (general) - wants to leave skyrim, thinks you'll end up in a grave... as dragonborn that's not likely
--Lots of random people (general)
--Irileth (forcegreet)
--Urzoga (forcegreet)

Here's the ones I've found and verified (started this list soon after I started on the mod but forgot a few)

--Estormo (The Staff of Magnus)

--The Caller (Hitting the Books)

--Tolfdir (Rejoining the College)

--Calcelmo (Hard Answers) [thanks to mybrainhurts]

--Farengar (Salt for Arcadia) - ? choose to take salt, he thanks you for doing an low errand

--Nepos the Nose (The Forsworn Conspiracy) [thanks to The Matrix Prime]

--Degaine (Begging, and The Heart of Dibella) [thanks to BIZZY BONE]

--Aela (Take Up Arms) [thanks to thermius]

--Radiant thieves (Wilderness encounter) [thanks to jordisslave and thermius] - adds to yes/no/I have no money, replaces persuade-Sex with intimidate-Do you want to die

--Brawlers (Fight! Fight!)

--Atar (Saurnuach Mine) [thanks to Jfraser] - why he shouldn't stick a dagger in your chest, guaranteed persuasion pass?

--Harrald (Bring It) - yes/no/I am dragonborn, do you really mean I should be your errandboy?

--Delphine (the Paarthurnax Dilemma) [thanks to jordisslave]

--Summoned Dremora (Conjuration Ritual quest)

--Malborn (Diplomatic Immunity) - Yes she picked me, the Dragonborn, so I think I can handle this...

--Wuunfurth (Blood on the Ice part 2)

--Taarie (Fit for a Jarl) - if you say no she responds with comments about not making you look any sillier

--Haelga (Caught Red Handed) [thanks to jordisslave] - unknown

--Enthir (Onmund's Request) [thanks to jordisslave]

--Galmar (Joining the Stormcloaks) [thanks to cheeselover22] - skips the first quest, having the dragonborn on their side is a coup

--Rikke (Joining the Legion) [thanks to cheeselover22] - skips the first quest, having the dragonborn on their side is a coup

--Rhiada (The Forsworn Conspiracy) [thanks to jfraser]

--Jarls (Thane quests) [thanks to dpgillam] - don't need to help 3-5 people, having the dragonborn as thane is good enough

--Mogrul (Dragonborn / A New Debt)

--Isran (Dawnguard / Join the Dawnguard)

--Delphine (A Blade in the Dark) - implemented, I forget what it was

--Sergius Turrianus (general)

--Urag gro-Shub (general) - you would have the dragonborn torn apart by angry atronachs?

--Calcelmo (general) [thanks to mybrainhurts]

--Valtheim Towers Guard (general) [thanks to jordisslave and thermius]

--Erikur (general) [thanks to skyrimll]

--Nazeem (general) [thanks to skyrimll and thermius] - replaces his lines spoken when he bumps into you

--Maul (general) [thanks to thermius] - on entering riften, i'll go whereever I want, i'm dragonborn

--Hemming (general) [thanks to waxenfigure]

--Riften jail guard (general) - more powerful persuade - dragonborn can go wherever

--Nelkir (general) [thanks to jfraser] - random comments as the kids get close to you

--Dagny (general) - random comments as the kids get close to you

--Riften gate guard (general) [thanks to jfraser] - dragonborn pays no gate tax

--Odfel (general)

--Farengar (general)

--Bolgeir Bearclaw (general)

--Bendt (general)

--East Empire Company dockmaster (general)

--Taarie (general) - dragonborn status no exemption from bad fashion

--Kayd (general) - random comments as the kids get close to you

--Haelga (general) [thanks to jordisslave] - heard you were dragonborn, does thuum make your tongue more agile?

--Radiant wandering adventurers (general)

--Grelka (general) - wants to leave skyrim, thinks you'll end up in a grave... as dragonborn that's not likely

--Lots of random people (general)

--Irileth (forcegreet)

--Urzoga (forcegreet)

You... have entirely too much time on your hands.  :D

Thanks!

few more as I finish up

--Degaine (Begging, and The Heart of Dibella) [thanks to BIZZY BONE] - dragonborn isn't a backbiter, other humorous lines, nothing when returning the statue that I noticed
--Brawlers (Fight! Fight!)- you think you can take on the one that killed alduin?
--Rhiada (The Forsworn Conspiracy) [thanks to jfraser] - he has business more important than me?
--Nepos the Nose (The Forsworn Conspiracy) [thanks to The Matrix Prime] - too tired to attack you, asks you to leave (but then aggro'd and attacked anyway)

maybe add something for Betrid Silver-blood in the Treasury? "My dear vagrant, we're the only family worth knowing in Markarth."
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Betrid_Silver-Blood

--Calcelmo (general) [thanks to mybrainhurts] - who are you to interrupt me, fool? You're the fool, I saved the world, and have a delivery
--Valtheim Towers Guard (general) [thanks to jordisslave and thermius] - similar to random bandits, DB pays no tolls
--Erikur (general) [thanks to skyrimll] - ok you're a thane, but don't call me an idiot for not knowning
--Bolgeir Bearclaw (general) - nothing yet
--Bendt (general) - nothing yet
--Urzoga (forcegreet) - can't shout through dwarven stone work? maybe not but I can shout through you, and you're in front of the gate

I think this is the last update.  If I've missed one or you can point out how to activate the couple I couldn't not get, let me know

--The Caller (Hitting the Books) - You sorta saved my life, with everyone else, so I'll give you the books for free
--Enthir (Onmund's Request) [thanks to jordisslave] - lets you persuade him as his thanks to you
--Sergius Turrianus (general) - can't enchant anything for the dragonborn, can't actually do what he teaches
--Isran (Dawnguard / Join the Dawnguard) - I'm the dragonborn and I'm here to kill vampires... heh.  not the same skillset but just as dangerous.   Yeah, I guess you can be bitten and have your life changed by either one, just the ones with wings its a bit more immediate.

nothing for Harkon? I'd say blood of a daedra is comparable to blood of a divine. maybe not for this mod, but I could see if you've done Dragonborn or at least have the dragon aspect shouts, being able to "transform" after Harkon does would be worth some kind of style points

--Wuunfurth (Blood on the Ice part 2) - the Dragonborn is falible, because the game is on rails.

I usually don't let this quest go to stage 2, so I probably won't see that line again.

can you add an optional where chicks like Mjoll The Lioness or Pantea

fangirl over the DragonBorn for being so brave/adventurous/tough/badass/famous

and maybe a version where such Dialogue leads to sex :P

just an idea

can you add an optional where chicks like Mjoll The Lioness or Pantea

fangirl over the DragonBorn for being so brave/adventurous/tough/badass/famous

and maybe a version where such Dialogue leads to sex :P

just an idea

As long as I feel it fits in with their personalities, sure. In this case, Erdi would be excellent for that. There's only one place in the game IIRC that you interact with Erdi though... I'll take a look.

Mjoll? Pantea? I can't see either of them fangirling over anyone, really...

If the voice sets were not different I would say you could take lines that Erdi (I think, the Blue Palace maid) uses.

Since I'm lazy, I'll just go ahead and copy and paste something I wrote about this recently:

It's certainly not impossible to do. It might not even be very difficult, as long as I extract the voice files so I've got something to compare directly to. However, I have no plans to add voices. I fully understand how unvoiced dialogue can be immersion breaking though.

The thing is, a lot of my dialogue doesn't fit in with dialogue lines already in the game. So if I want an NPC to say something respectful to the dragonborn, it'll have to be a re-used line from somewhere else, which would necessitate altering my lines to fit, and there's no guarantee there will be something good to fit there anyway. I like what I've written, for the most part, and would rather not cripple it just to fit it in a slot Bethesda already built.
For example, Estormo says: "Heh... just a misunderstanding, Dragonborn. I'm waiting for... someone else." I'm pretty sure there are no High Elf lines in the game that are anything close to that. So to get Estormo voiced, I'd need to alter my lines to fit some bit of dialogue that a High Elf does say (which, if I'm not mistaken, does not exist, Altmer personality and dialogue being pretty close to the diametric opposite of nervously respectful). That, or I'd have to find a bunch of different lines and then cut and stitch words in to fit.
Cutting and stitching may work to some extent, but I do worry it'll end up sounding absolutely terrible... my skills do not extend there. 
So, for now at least, no vocals. For the majority of it, anyway... there are some lines that can (and should) be used exactly as they are. Calcelmo saying "I'm sorry" for example - his dialogue IIRC is duplicated exactly for DYKWIA. But in general, no.

and maybe a version where such Dialogue leads to sex  :P

just an idea

I dunno... there's plenty of that out there already. If I ever do make a Sexlab version, it'll undoubtedly be a separate download anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this. I don't often finish the main questline, but when I do it'd be nice for someone to effing notice.

I think Vilkas was mentioned already, but... It really irks me when I'm the Dragonborn AND thane of Whiterun but he has no clue who I am. *eye roll* Though, in general, the folks of Skyrim have mass amnesia. No matter how much I hang around Riverwood or Markarth or *insert town name* there's always someone who mentions that I'm a stranger.

"We don't often get visitors to Riverwood." Oh, really? I've just been bringing you wood for days & killed a dragon on your roof & been running through here like a madwoman for months. But, yeah, you don't remember any of that.

*ahem* Sorry, it irritates me.  :P

Yeah, Bethesda both assumed that you'd visit everyone early in the game before you'd done anything, so you were a stranger, even if you are a Nord and should have been from there, or an outsider but an orc or dunmer or any other non-inclusive race.  That was something of a theme in Morrowind too... no matter what or who you were, you were an outsider, not from there.

Then being lazy, they did not record all that many other comments, so Sigrid can say nothing but that they don't get visitors. Since she has no favor quest you can never be her friend and at least get the line about being nice to see you again... or anything else.

The poor girl in Riften that takes over the orphanage at least gets to ask who you are and what you do, and isn't willing to let you just drop a pile of the small mountain of gold you have. If you don't have a proper house with a proper bed and proper kid's chest, no kid for you.

Yeah, Bethesda both assumed that you'd visit everyone early in the game before you'd done anything, so you were a stranger, even if you are a Nord and should have been from there, or an outsider but an orc or dunmer or any other non-inclusive race.  That was something of a theme in Morrowind too... no matter what or who you were, you were an outsider, not from there.

Then being lazy, they did not record all that many other comments, so Sigrid can say nothing but that they don't get visitors. Since she has no favor quest you can never be her friend and at least get the line about being nice to see you again... or anything else.

The poor girl in Riften that takes over the orphanage at least gets to ask who you are and what you do, and isn't willing to let you just drop a pile of the small mountain of gold you have. If you don't have a proper house with a proper bed and proper kid's chest, no kid for you.

obsidian did a solid job in New Vegas because when youre under level 10 and go to Sloan the helmet head will tell you to be cautious of the deathclaw nest nearby then if you offer to kill them he calls you a pussy and a fag but if youre level 30 hell beg you to wipe them all

Thank you for this. I don't often finish the main questline, but when I do it'd be nice for someone to effing notice.

I think Vilkas was mentioned already, but... It really irks me when I'm the Dragonborn AND thane of Whiterun but he has no clue who I am. *eye roll* Though, in general, the folks of Skyrim have mass amnesia. No matter how much I hang around Riverwood or Markarth or *insert town name* there's always someone who mentions that I'm a stranger.

"We don't often get visitors to Riverwood." Oh, really? I've just been bringing you wood for days & killed a dragon on your roof & been running through here like a madwoman for months. But, yeah, you don't remember any of that.

*ahem* Sorry, it irritates me.  :P

Glad you like it! And I'm adding the Riverwood comment to my to-do list.

I get the impression that Bethesda assumed that most players would only choose one faction per playthrough. I grant you, it might seem a little odd for the Archmage to go and join the Companions as a new recruit, but still it seems like a poor oversight.

I get the impression that Bethesda assumed that most players would only choose one faction per playthrough. I grant you, it might seem a little odd for the Archmage to go and join the Companions as a new recruit, but still it seems like a poor oversight.

The various faction starting comments I don't have as much of a problem with, but for so many of the NPCs that have no other comments it makes far less sense. Random podunk guards that do not care about your bounty in another hold will comment any update to a Dark Brotherhood quest that has you murder some insignificant bandit deep in a dwemer ruin for some reason.  Most of the main quest gets a comment too.  Why can't Sigrid say something about seeing you and Delphine leaving town and if you heard anything about Kynesgrove while you were gone.  When Esbern comes back and then all 3 of you leave, that would warrant something else too, I would think.

If you escape with Hadvar, or have an alternate start that assumes you do, it seems like she should comment on that, or the soldiers that are there now, due to a message you took to the jarl.

It seems like they could have just done 3-4 random comments for most of the voice types and greatly increased the number of comments.  They kinda did that with a lot of the NPC to NPC chatter, where they have bits that can go with other bits, but not always the same bits.  The Dark Brotherhood members are a great example of this, as they congratulate each other on random kills they've done. Oblivion did it so much it seemed like everyone saw a mudcrab down by the river and had to comment on it.

• 1 month later...

DYKWIA v18 is up. Small change here, nothing much. Just dipping my toe back in. :)

• Braith will not tell you she's not afraid of you if you have been through Ustengrav.
  • Modified hello/greetings dialogues. As a positive side-effect, game performance will be improved somewhat when these dialogues trigger (10 conditions reduced to 1). As a negative side-effect, this will only affect playable races (i.e. races you can choose during initial character creation), so NPCs like Miraak or Serana or Vampires won't have the dialogue. This should also fix the Birds of Skyrim problem.
  • Neloth will have some extra dialogue for the Dragonborn and Archmage during the Path of Knowledge quest.
  • Kodlak will have some extra dialogue for you if you are Dragonborn or Archmage just before he sends you off to spar with Vilkas.

Hello,

Thank you for your continuous efforts for updating your mod (s) ! 

Here I have also updated the Japanese translation patch in accordance with your latest build (v18): 

http://skup.dip.jp/up/up12242.zip

And also, I forgot to report a trivial bug report for v17 to you.

When my PC talked to Galmar in Windhelm to join the Stormcloaks, I got the extra dialogue as a harbinger of the Companions even if my PC had not joined the Companions (actually not talked with any members of this faction), as shown below. 

http://imgur.com/UctgLBS

I assume there was something wrong with the conditional check concerning this scene...

Hello,

Thank you for your continuous efforts for updating your mod (s) ! 

Here I have also updated the Japanese translation patch in accordance with your latest build (v18): 

http://skup.dip.jp/up/up12242.zip

And also, I forgot to report a trivial bug report for v17 to you.

When my PC talked to Galmar in Windhelm to join the Stormcloaks, I got the extra dialogue as a harbinger of the Companions even if my PC had not joined the Companions (actually not talked with any members of this faction), as shown below. 

http://imgur.com/UctgLBS

I assume there was something wrong with the conditional check concerning this scene...

As always, thank you for continuing to support this. :)

And you're right, that dialogue is missing the appropriate condition. I also see that those options are missing their required "goodbye" flags.

I'll update shortly.

• 5 months later...

I started plowing through the dragon quest line to see which ones I could find.. one that isn't working, it seems is Delphine's Paarthunax line, unless that's after you kill Paar, not a way to avoid it.

I dunno what's wrong with this. As far as I can tell, it should be working...

Right after you get the dialogue line "Justice demands that he die for his crimes. Until he is dead, I'm afraid my oath as a Blade prevents me from offering you aid and comfort" a mini-chain of dialogue will crop up where you can convince her.

There might be some problem with quest stages, but I can't see how that would affect it - right after her "my oath as a Blade prevents me" line she expels you from the Blades faction (sets the MQPaarthurnax quest to stage 20) and in the vanilla game that's where it ends. I hijacked it right there and continued the conversation ending with setting the stage to 100 which puts the player back into the Blades faction. This means that with DYKWIA you're actually not a member of the Blades for a few dialogue lines in there, but I can't see why that should matter, because you don't actually exit the conversation at any point.

For the next version I'll add in some more links from different parts of the conversation, hopefully that will allow you to bypass it.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone having problems with Braith's line (boys, girls, dogs, elders, there's nobody I won't fight) appearing when it shouldn't be? Or appearing for all NPCs? I just uploaded a new version that hopefully fixes this problem, but I'm looking for confirmation that it's gone...

Is anyone having problems with Braith's line (boys, girls, dogs, elders, there's nobody I won't fight) appearing when it shouldn't be? Or appearing for all NPCs? I just uploaded a new version that hopefully fixes this problem, but I'm looking for confirmation that it's gone...

I was having that problem, so I'll be able to test it.

Did you change some of the other NPCs as well? Nazeem didn't have a "do you know" dialog but still "said" a line after I exited conversation with him.

Did you change some of the other NPCs as well? Nazeem didn't have a "do you know" dialog but still "said" a line after I exited conversation with him.

No, I didn't change anyone but Braith... I'll look at Nazeem too.

How long has this been happening?  :blink:

And is it happening for all NPCs (i.e. every NPC is getting that line) or just the one who is supposed to have it in vanilla?

EDIT: I can't see anything wrong with any of Nazeem's lines. What line is it exactly that's the problem?

EDIT: I never actually touched any of his "goodbye" lines, just his "hello" lines. So he can currently still say something like "I really am busy" or "I have important matters to tend to." I should change those too... ;)

No, I didn't change anyone but Braith... I'll look at Nazeem too.

How long has this been happening?  :blink:

And is it happening for all NPCs (i.e. every NPC is getting that line) or just the one who is supposed to have it in vanilla?

EDIT: I can't see anything wrong with any of Nazeem's lines. What line is it exactly that's the problem?

EDIT: I never actually touched any of his "goodbye" lines, just his "hello" lines. So he can currently still say something like "I really am busy" or "I have important matters to tend to." I should change those too... ;)

I didn't exactly keep track but I had a whole random bunch of people saying it. At first I thought it was based on a voice type... but now that I think of it, kids are a whole separate voice type.

Nazeem's showed up after I'd done the greybeard stuff but before taking Delphine to Kynesgrove. Maybe by tomorrow (I was going to mess around and test a new idea this weekend anyway, but new stuff came up) I'll be able to screencap a line.  IIRC the line was what I think he had before, about being sorry and not shouting him but without that "do you know" line you can use to respond to him, I have no idea why it would trigger.

I might be nearing max mods and that could pose some issues as well. I have a whole bunch of mod folders enabled in MO and then disabled the ESPs (merged armor mods, things I'm not using that don't have overwriting scripts, etc) but my bashed patch is 278.