Test for NPC Faces I make in other peoples games

I keep adding NPCs to my game but I always wonder what they would look like in someone else's.  I have an idea to make a few followers spawn for the Thieves Guild once the player progresses through doing the side jobs and things start looking up for the Guild.  There are already NPCs spawning (vendors and two additional thieves) but they are all male and the Ragged Flagon and Cistern are cock soup as it is.  Too many dudes. :(

Anyway, I made this little follower thing as a test and I know what she looks like in my game.  I want to see what she looks like with different textures, bodymods, tintmasks, etc.  So here she is:

post-66546-0-89109200-1425621301_thumb.jpg post-66546-0-20902700-1425621312_thumb.jpg post-66546-0-98224400-1425621320_thumb.jpg post-66546-0-36666600-1425621293_thumb.jpg

This is the 'mod' to get her in your game and she will use whatever you have installed other than her head morphs and eye texture (those are included).

ValryDravWIP.rar

She is a fully functioning mage follower (as good as anything you'll find on Nexus, if not better) with spells and perks to support play from level 1 to 100.  She's also fairly good at sneaking, won't trip floor-based traps and she can defend herself in melee combat.  She starts the game at level 10 so she'll be OP as fuck at lower levels.  She's sitting next to Jenassa in the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun.  She will be your partner in crime (literally) and you can also marry her, if you like.

I'm not concerned about the mechanics since I know those work.  What I would like is screenshots of her in other peoples' games so I can see what she looks like and what I need to address for cosmetics.  That being said, please don't change her around and then post screenshots.  That's not the point of this little exercise and why I did not post it in the downloads section.

Note: This may or may not work with ECE.  I have her head files in their own folder but I have no idea how ECE will deal with that since I don't use it.  This should work without issue with RaceMenu or EEO.

Feedback is needed. :P

Ok I will boot up, and post some images later.

You might not like them tho, cuz of K ENB :P

Edit: It crashes my game (Not even seeing the intro), when I have the follower in my load order.

Pretty strange, can you check that?

Edit 2: Nope, now it loads, here is the result:

No ENB

TESV_2015_03_05_23_07_48_57.jpg

TESV_2015_03_05_23_08_01_09.jpg

With K Northern Light

TESV_2015_03_05_23_08_21_49.jpg

TESV_2015_03_05_23_08_38_66.jpg

The skin texture used is SRG with Fair Skin Complexion _s maps.

I'm also using ECE, so confirmed that there is no problem with ECE.

There is some strange effect with the corner of her mouth. It looks weird when she talks.. Not natural. The neck seam isn't bad at all for her and the body I am using.

Load Order in case you need it to see what might be running. I can give the mod list as well or more details if you desire.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Falskaar.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
SharedSeranaDialogue.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
daymoyl.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
SexLab Trainers.esp
HearthFire Display Case Fix.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
Predator Vision.esp
FloraRespawnFix.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
ShootingStars.esp
Rainbows.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SexLab Submit.esp
Auto Unequip Helmet.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp
Footprints.esp
Differently Ebony.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
Footprints - Ash.esp
SplashofRain.esp
K2ElfEyes_Experimental.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
RaceMenuMimic.esp
K2SexySummons.esp
Beards.esp
SexLab Submit Serana.esp
Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.esp
RaceMenuOverlays.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
SC07SexLabRandomAttack.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp
SexLabStatsManipulator.esp
SDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Complete.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.esp
SkyFalls Dragonborn Small waterfalls.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
Bring Out Your Dead.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SexLab Romance.esp
CinematicFireFX.esp
Killable Children - Quest Important Protected.esp
K2ValryDrav.esp
Killable Children.esp
PuppetMaster.esp
Invisibility Eyes Fix.esp
SWT1.2.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
SexLabStopCombat.esp
SexLab Attraction.esm
SexLab Approach.esp
SexLab Cumshot.esp
Auto Unequip Shield.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SexLabUtil1.esp
SkyUI.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp
Supreme Fog - CoT.esp
SwiftPotion.esp
USKP Patcher for RaceCompatibility.esp
UnreadBooksGlow.esp
Vampire Lord Serana Fixed.esp
WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
Beautiful Whiterun.esp
Cloaks.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
Nightingale Hall.esp
Sneak Tools.esp
Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp
Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp
KaceAutoloot.esp
SexLabDangerousNights.esp
Stealth Skills Rebalanced_COMPLETE.esp
ArmorDisguises.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
Shout-tastic_no CD.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn.esp
Equip more Rings (8)_EN.esp
UNFU.esp
SexLabWerewolves.esp
Shortcuts.esp
LoversComfort.esp
RealisticWhiterun.esp
FNISspells.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard.esp
ApachiiHelmetWigs.esp
Perks Unbound - Helmless Warrior - Merged.esp
ValsCraftingMeltdownCurseEdition.esp
WetandCold.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
WeaponsArmorFixes_ambSkyforge_Patch.esp
iHUD.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Let me know if you want/need  something else.

Thanks for the testing thus far.  The results are sort of what I expected.  That is, nothing like what I get in my game.  Which is okay, since it is using normals, textures, and make up tint masks native to the game it's loaded in to.

@ ritualclarity

Could you send me a copy of the head mesh you normally use?  I'd like to test a few things on my end since I do not get any deformation around the mouth or lips.  It might be the tris I made...and I hope it isn't. :-/

Well here are my contributions.  Like asenasen, I took ones with my ENB enabled and disabled.   I also saw a similar distortion on the sides of the mouth like ritualclarity said, but I've had that issue when creating my own characters and smoothing the sides of the lips/face in racemenu fixed it.  

Also nice job with the eye texture.  I don't think I've ever seen a 512 sized texture be so clear.  You ever do a eye pack for Skyrim, I'll be there.  

enb_2015_03_06_00_35_29_68.jpg

enb_2015_03_06_00_35_38_72.jpg

enb_2015_03_06_00_38_03_50.jpg

enb_2015_03_06_00_38_11_76.jpg

enb_2015_03_06_00_39_13_60.jpg

enb_2015_03_06_00_39_23_36.jpg

enb_2015_03_06_00_41_03_27.jpg

enb_2015_03_06_00_41_13_71.jpg

enb_2015_03_06_00_41_53_54.jpg

enb_2015_03_06_00_42_00_46.jpg

enb_2015_03_06_00_43_22_07.jpg

enb_2015_03_06_00_43_28_75.jpg

@ ao2thend

Thanks for the images.  In the last one I see the corners of the mouth protruding.  It doesn't do that in my game because the tris in the upload probably only work with my skeleton.   And that sucks.  I sure wasted a lot of time on them if that's the case.

As for the eyes, I have a mod for elf eye textures ready.  They use the same base as what's in the upload.  More human-like but still distinctly elven.  It is just a matter of screenshots and uploading.  I have low-res tint masks for makeup too.  I figured out about a year ago that the game can't really process anything bigger than 512x512 that well.  The ini tweaks for bAllowBigAssedTextures is snake oil and doesn't work the way people think it does.

@sulaco

DUDE.  She looks amazing in your game.  Thanks for the screenshots.

Sure... however .. I don't know where to find it.. lol.

Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\ and it will be named something like 'headfemale' or FemaleHead, etc.  The nif and the tris please. :P

Got the .tri file couldn't find the nif though and attached a capture where it should be. the hell if I know where it went off to. Not used to trying to find a file in MO.. lol. Had to load up a program to see the files "in action".

I did a search in the program and the only ones that come up now are your files. I checked the BSA and unless there are some head meshes in race menu or the like I am likely using the original as they do seem like some nightmare that Besthesda dreamed up.. Especially the elfs.

Found a way to extract the various BSA and checked various ones like race and such and race menu has overlays not the main head it seems (or so far as I can tell.). The skyrim main has the head.

So here is the only Femalehead.nif I can find in my entire game.. It is from SkyrimMeshes.bsa. Not even the Unofficial patch it seems has this file.

Kendo it seems as if some of the models look good and many don't .. If there is some other models that can be applied to make this work it can just be a required to get the best results and your work wont be in vain.

Well, this thing with Valry the Dunmer mage isn't a mod in the literal sense.  It is a test of the face formula I used packaged in a way that is also useful.

As for anything required, I already included that in the upload and everything else is handled by whatever people have installed.  That is why she looks so different in all of the screenshots.

Anyway, as a test I switched the skeleton I normally use for the vanilla and the lip/mouth distortion showed up in my game too.  So the tris I made only work as intended in my game with my skeleton rig.  I'm going to do some more tinkering on the head morphs using the vanilla skeleton and try to fix the mouth/lip issue.

This is why I wanted to do a test like this to be sure what I'm using looks the somewhat the same in other peoples' games.  It doesn't and now I know.  :lol:

Well the results even with my very plain setup is still good.

I was not clear with the statement I made before. Requirement isn't a good word for this.. Suggest a list of skeleton/mods for best results would be better. That is if you can't get the files to work with the standard skeleton.

I have to say with some of the setups (proper for the new files ) it looks dam good. I still enjoy those eyes you had me test.. :D. They are in every MO game I use.. :D