View File

Hi there!

This is the porting to Skyrim of the beautiful HGEC Rogue Armor created by Alecu for TES Oblivion.

The base body is 7B and has weight slide/bouce support. Only requirement is XPMS skeleton.

This MOD adds four clothing items to Skyrim:
- Body Clothing (Cuirass);
- Gloves;
- Boots;
- Amulet;

No armor rating. You can pick the items in a knapsack at the right of the Riften main gate (check screenshot).

Just a couple of side notes:
- the original outfit have an huge polygon count, so I did my best to bring the polys down to a more friendly count. The best I could do was around 140k (full equipped), so for weaker machines this could lag a bit or bring a fps hit.
- the only thing visible that I've changed from the original outfit was the dagger and dagger belt, to avoid ugly clipping with waist weapons;
- there is a know issue with the gloves in 1st person, that looks weird; I have battle a lot to fix this, but unsuccessful until now.

Future plans:
Fix reported bugs;

Tools used:
3DSMax 2012 for the porting and skinning;
Nifskope for crucial tweakings;
KgTools for the bodyslide;
Creation Kit.

Credits and many Thanks!
Alecu for the amazing Rogue Armor assets and for grant me the permissions to share them.
Sevenitty for 7B body;
HidrogensaysHDT for HDT physics;
Dimon99 for UNP;
XP32 for XPMS skeleton;
gerra6 for KgTools
Bethesda for TES series and releasing CK.
3DSMax and Nifskope teams.
All the great modders out there for their work and tutorials.

Thanks and good luck!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/26/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim; XPMS;
  • Special Edition Compatible

• 2 weeks later...

Greatings.

Nice , but unfortunately with Aleccu's models exist the same problems as the ones from KrisTa's models : they look well , made as a publicity for a Shopping Magazine but they are not really created to play with : too many polygones/vertices there !

I don't know i this option also exist with 3DSmax , but with blender there is done option especially created to reduce the number of polygons .

I didn't understood correctly your post so , my hope was to found this model with a lesser number of polygons ... to re-convert it once again for Oblivion's users ...  ;°)

I'll try to reduce that number in a few weeks with another machine ( the one i use actually is on it's " end of life " because i need to transfer its operating system to another computer ... ) where Skyrim is already installed ( but not updated since a few months ... so i will need to use my own esp , not yours , just because i don't want anymore any Steam automatic update , they " ruin " my customized mods ! ... but that's another story )  .

Cheers.

Yes, the number of vertices is around 140k final (the original Oblivion is around 250k or so). This was my best effort: deleted some covered meshes (corset), removed the dagger and belt dagger to avoid clipping with waist weapons and did a general poly reduction. I'm not skilled enough to go further, so this is the best I could deliver.

If anyone can optimize even further, the better :)

Thanks for your input. You can get an alternate source download for that outfit in my signature to avoid steam ;)

Yes, the number of vertices is around 140k final (the original Oblivion is around 250k or so). This was my best effort: deleted some covered meshes (corset), removed the dagger and belt dagger to avoid clipping with waist weapons and did a general poly reduction. I'm not skilled enough to go further, so this is the best I could deliver.

If anyone can optimize even further, the better :)

Thanks for your input. You can get an alternate source download for that outfit in my signature to avoid steam ;)

Hi,

I already got this model ( the original from Oblivion too , but i never used Aleccu'mods in my games .. for exactly the same reasons : if i enter a room where there are a few NPCs wearings that kinds of clothes , i will get a CTD straight away ...) .

I'm looking on your blog for other converted outfits you made to re-convert them to Oblivion too , probably .

Cheers.

Edit : by the way your  " Projects in stand-by/abandoned " Mage Light looks like an outfit created for UFF , it is used in SOVvM Br3 by the " Zigged Twilight " ( " Ombres Ailées " in french  ) . It gives me a good idea ... for Oblivion but Skyrim too . Bye.

Suit yourself, if you rather have the obj/max file instead of the nif, I store some months of Max files.

And if you know of some outfits that you think they fit Skyrim and are yet to be converted, I'm always open to suggestions!

Suit yourself, if you rather have the obj/max file instead of the nif, I store some months of Max files.

And if you know of some outfits that you think they fit Skyrim and are yet to be converted, I'm always open to suggestions!

Hi.

You are only looking for Outfits ( Clothes/Armors) to be converted ?

As i didn't play Skyrim since a long time , i didn't followed all the new mods created for this game , so i have one ( no, 2) idea(s) for a mod , but maybe they are already done by someone ...

That's two " static" things  ... i 'll send you a PM in a few miniutes with the links and pictures ( because i'm not sure if i can share or not a picture from another site ...). If the links didn't work anymore , i 'll send you the packaged files.

These two file are " Modder Resources" as i know and i already use them in a project " Tribute to ColourWheel " coming soon ... but only for Oblivion , and that a kind of " joke mod" .

Cheers.

Hi.

As i didn't play Skyrim since a long time , i didn't followed all the new mods created for this game , so i have one ( no, 2) idea(s) for a mod , but maybe they are already done by someone ...

That's two " static" things  ... i 'll send you a PM in a few miniutes with the links and pictures ( because i'm not sure if i can share or not a picture from another site ...). If the links didn't work anymore , i 'll send you the packaged files.

These two file are " Modder Resources" as i know and i already use them in a project " Tribute to ColourWheel " coming soon ... but only for Oblivion , and that a kind of " joke mod" .

Cheers.

Mostly clothing and armors. I know how to port statics (with working collisions) and did ported some stuff for the Beyond Skyrim project - weapons, shields, pottery, chairs, tables...

Hi.

Cheers.

Mostly clothing and armors. I know how to port statics (with working collisions) and did ported some stuff for the Beyond Skyrim project - weapons, shields, pottery, chairs, tables...

Hi

No , mine is something else ... with "adult contents" in some ways ( but it's possible to create the same thing more " covered" , that's not a problem ) ...

I will send you the packaged file , and the links , it would be  more easy like this . 

Wait a short moment , i just need to found where i put them on this machine ...

Cheers.

@AnnaFly

Instead of installing a armor/outfit mod to where everyone can use it just make yourself a .esp then add a chest somewhere you can get to easy then unzip the mod and add the mesh and textures and nothing else to your data folder. Then load up the CS/CK (creation set) (creation kit) depending on what game you are doing it for and go to containers and open your chest then go to armors right click the armor list and select add armor. Once you have the items added to the list drag each one into your chest hit ok to close the chest and then save to overwrite your .esp. Then you can go into game and retrieve the items from your chest and only you will have the items. 

Sure, take your time. We'll continue talking via PM, if you don't mind then :)

Hi .

Done .

One packaged file ( +/- 40 MB ) with 2 different packaged mods/ideas.

Cheers.

@AnnaFly

Instead of installing a armor/outfit mod to where everyone can use it just make yourself a .esp then add a chest somewhere you can get to easy then unzip the mod and add the mesh and textures and nothing else to your data folder. Then load up the CS/CK (creation set) (creation kit) depending on what game you are doing it for and go to containers and open your chest then go to armors right click the armor list and select add armor. Once you have the items added to the list drag each one into your chest hit ok to close the chest and then save to overwrite your .esp. Then you can go into game and retrieve the items from your chest and only you will have the items. 

Hi & @  Myuhinny .

Sorry i marked as " liked" your comment by accident , but i have no idea of what you are talking about ! ... ;°)

Are you sure you posted this message in the right topic ?

Cheers.

NB : this topic is related to the " Rogue Outfit " and other outfits converted by JRCosta  ... so what are these containers you are talking about , here , in this topic  ?

PS : i don't play Skyrim anymore ( for this moment ) and i don't have Skyrim on this machine , so no need any container nor esp ... to quickly test an outfit from anther mod , i already did all the necessary modifications but not for ... the HDT System !

I never tried SKSE or something else with Skyrim , i just use my own custom mods.

And must of all , i never use XPMS 32 Skeletons !  They are source of problems , so i'm very happy with the Skeleton from SkullTyran ...something.

@AnnaFly

You said that a mod with high poly armors/outfits will cause you to crash if there are people around you that are also wearing it.

If you make a .esp with the CK/CS and add a chest somewhere then add the items to the armor list. The containers I am referring to is the one listed in the CS/CK in the left list if you click it that will show every container in the .esp so search the list for the chest you made and named and double click it that will open in and allow you to drag the items you added to the armor/items list to the chest then hit ok to close the container and hit save to overwrite the .esp.

@AnnaFly

You said that a mod with high poly armors/outfits will cause you to crash if there are people around you that are also wearing it.

If you make a .esp with the CK/CS and add a chest somewhere then add the items to the armor list. The containers I am referring to is the one listed in the CS/CK in the left list if you click it that will show every container in the .esp so search the list for the chest you made and named and double click it that will open in and allow you to drag the items you added to the armor/items list to the chest then hit ok to close the container and hit save to overwrite the .esp.

Hi Myuhinny.

Yes i said that ... but that's just because a said first that these kind of outfits made with an excessive amount of polygons are not made to play with ! That's all ... i 'll never change my mind about those kind of meshes.

In my opinion, and sorry ( especially to KrisTa ) to tell you that , those are not a " clean " work , but this is only my point of view.

Please , you already know Nailflan's works , and if i say these mods a well done that's because Naiflan use a compromise ( " compromis " en français , ) betwen quality and computer/Engine-game resources .... and why Naiflan's meshes look well ? Because Naiflan is able to create some very well done textures !

That doesn't mean the others cannot ...

Wait a few minutes and i will put here a simple  shoes/mesh ... it uses something like 150 ko no more and looks well enough to not have a reason to change this kind of model .. and why , just because the texure is well done enough too ...

Look at some Petrovitch's  boots models , OMG that's really a good work ... other modders use 10 x more resources to create ta model wich in game looks like a Petrovitch model ... yes but those kind of meshes cannot be run with all the ewisting machines.

I think a good model is something we can  really use in game , so this one must be done for an existing material born or already there when the game was realeased  ( Hardware ) .

I 'll not change my hardware just to try to run 2 or 3 models  made with to much polygons.

Last thing , don't told me about the tools used by KrisTa ... you alredy did it ... ;)

Cheers.

PS : Oblovion is a game .. to play with , and not a fashion Show Room ...

So, i think the two models i put here ( you can find them in the Apachii mod , these one come from the first Apachii version  ... no more alviable ) are enough , to need to use more machine resources for ... nothing !

Well i added also a Sinblood model ... take a look at its size : 137 Ko ... that's really nothing , so when i see a boot 's mesh with a size of 4 Mo , 5 Mo and even more  just for a " shoe "... that's really crazy .

Eshme red Boots.nif

post-239275-0-03192800-1425948124_thumb.jpg

BlackLaced.nif

post-239275-0-85955300-1425948509_thumb.jpg

15mailboots.nif

post-239275-0-20587400-1425949113_thumb.jpg

BootsRed.nif

post-239275-0-29423800-1425951313_thumb.jpg

@AnnaFly

KrisTa's armors and outfits are from DAZ studios and were made to be used in DAZ studios not skyrim or oblivion  which is why they have such a high poly count outfits like that the poly count can only be reduced so much before the outfit itself will start to look like crap.

I was just showing a way to make it to where only your player can have a set instead of everyone. You can use whatever you want me I will continue to use KrisTa's mods and others like it if I think they look good..

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Where's the bodyslide files for this? You say it has bodyslide support but I can't find it o.o

Thanks for the mod, anyway!

The bodyslide isn't working? I'm gonna check the files at home and give feedback later. 

Hi,

Where's the bodyslide files for this? You say it has bodyslide support but I can't find it o.o

The bodyslide isn't working? I'm gonna check the files at home and give feedback later. 

The files for Bodyslide aren't in the mod :P

Or I'm blind. That's a good possibility too.

Just to be sure - are you maybe confusing weight slider with bodyslide?

Hi,

The files for Bodyslide aren't in the mod :P

Or I'm blind. That's a good possibility too.

Just to be sure - are you maybe confusing weight slider with bodyslide?

You are right, weight slider. Sorry, my bad, I'll fix the misleading description. Thanks!