Help a newfriend out

sentorodeo

Hey all,

Decided to buy Skyrim when I found Freyja's awesome stories. Feels weird posting on an old school forum in 2014, I feel like I've gotten in a time machine to 10 years ago. Anyway, I know nothing about modding Skyrim. I assume there's some usual 'awesome fix' that people in the know do whenever they make a fresh install, and I'd like to know what this expert loadout of mods looks like. Also wondering how to get gorgeous Aryan (can I say that word here? I'm not a fascist in the least) women in my game? Any help is majorly appreciated.

(also wondering why I can't upload an avatar to the forum)

Hey all,

Decided to buy Skyrim when I found Freyja's awesome stories. Feels weird posting on an old school forum in 2014, I feel like I've gotten in a time machine to 10 years ago. Anyway, I know nothing about modding Skyrim. I assume there's some usual 'awesome fix' that people in the know do whenever they make a fresh install, and I'd like to know what this expert loadout of mods looks like. Also wondering how to get gorgeous Aryan (can I say that word here? I'm not a fascist in the least) women in my game? Any help is majorly appreciated.

Gotta ask, what makes this an old school forum?

Hey all,

Gotta ask, what makes this an old school forum?

Forums themselves are old school nowadays, boss. The cool kids are all using imageboards, Twitter, Instagram and so on.

I got some recommendations, going to try UNPB and SRG for textures to start with.

Some must have before starting to mod:

Nexus Mod Manager (nexus sucks, their mod manager is ok) / Mod Organizer (too lazy to learn how to use it, Nexus Mod Manager is better if you're lazy)

SKSE

Unofficial Patches

FNIS

SkyUI

---

Ultimate Follower Overhaul (UFO) + Patches

Perkus Maximus + Some related patches, like making gold weightless or unfluffing the perk descriptions

ACE

Enhanced Enemy AI

Mods to prevent NPCs from being stupid and trying to punch dragons/vampires to death

---

CBBE/UNPB

Remodeled Armor for CBBE / UNP skimpy armor replacer

Apachii Skyhair

Eyes of beauty, texture blenders, fitness blender, cute eyes, better females, fair skin complexion CBBE/UNP, pretty face, helmet toggle...

---

Sexlab framework

Zaz animation pack

Match Maker

Hdt

Schlongs of Skyrim (even if you don't like dicks, you need dicks)

Equipable schlongs (because that's why you need dicks)

These mods are always active everytime I reinstall skyrim.

Also wondering how to get gorgeous Aryan (can I say that word here? I'm not a fascist in the least) women in my game?

Please specify that request. Did you mean:

- the historical correct context (that would be Iranian women, since the word origins in Persia)

- the phrase that got "popular" in the 20th century, during fascism (cause that would be northern women)

In the second case I'd suggest playing the race called Nord. Very tall, light skin, many believable hair styles in the un-modded game.

If you regard to the first context, I doubt that you find anything satisfactory; most likely you would have to test several texture packs and create something to your liking yourself (if anyone wonders why I'm mentioning the historical correct origin of the word: I hereby confess that I do find the Persian women to have the most beautiful faces).

Some must have before starting to mod:

Nexus Mod Manager (nexus sucks, their mod manager is ok) / Mod Organizer (too lazy to learn how to use it, Nexus Mod Manager is better if you're lazy)

SKSE

Unofficial Patches

FNIS

SkyUI

---

Ultimate Follower Overhaul (UFO) + Patches

Perkus Maximus + Some related patches, like making gold weightless or unfluffing the perk descriptions

ACE

Enhanced Enemy AI

Mods to prevent NPCs from being stupid and trying to punch dragons/vampires to death

---

CBBE/UNPB

Remodeled Armor for CBBE / UNP skimpy armor replacer

Apachii Skyhair

Eyes of beauty, texture blenders, fitness blender, cute eyes, better females, fair skin complexion CBBE/UNP, pretty face, helmet toggle...

---

Sexlab framework

Zaz animation pack

Match Maker

Hdt

Schlongs of Skyrim (even if you don't like dicks, you need dicks)

Equipable schlongs (because that's why you need dicks)

These mods are always active everytime I reinstall skyrim.

Don't forget

Skyrim HD

Ultra HD Texture Pack

Static Mesh Improvement

and possibly the Vivid Landscapes series

Add to those with Enhanced Lights and FX (or Realistic Lighting Overhaul) and Project Reality and you have a fantastic looking game

Also try out SG Hair Pack

More Killmoves For All Weapons Types

IceBreakers Improved Reverb

Improved Combat Sounds

Wearable Lanterns (A must have for me)

Enhanced Character Edit (another must have)

Alternate Start (if you're playing the game for the hundredth time and want to quickly get started)

XVision Children (another must to get rid of the ugly vanilla kids)

No Spinning Death Animation

Realistic Force

I'm not sure about the difference between Enhanced Enemy AI and AI Overhaul, but I don't use UFO (I go solo only)

I also wouldn't go for Skyrim Redone as they make the game too hard to be fun in my opinion (I don't go higher than Adept difficulty), Perkus Maximus sounds like SkyRe to me so I wouldnt get it. I do agree with a lot of the other mods this poster mentioned though, I use SevenBase Natural (for the high) and B-cup (for the low) and Fairskin, my character is damned sexy

First - a hearty welcome to sentorodeo. 
You'll find that Lover's Lab is a great place to get advice and the people are extremely helpful..

I'm surprised that no one recommend S.T.E.P.  It has a wealth of information when it comes to getting started with modding Skyrim. 
http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page

And by all means - get Mod Organizer (MO). It will save you a lot of heartburn in the long run, especially if something goes wrong with a mod causing your Skyrim to break and you need to revert back to a vanilla version of Skyrim.

I hope you'll enjoy your time playing the game. I still play it and I've had the game since it was released. I still find a new mod that I have to try. 

In addition to all the various suggestions given so far, I would also suggest that you also take look at the various ENB presests that out there for Skyrim

I myself have been using RealVision ENB (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/?) since 2013 and no matter many times I try out a different preset - I always go back it.

stuff

Perkus Maximus is "skyre 2.0". It mainly modifies the perks and some game mechanics, not necessarily making it harder (as long as you don't try to dagger to death an enemy with heavy armor, tried it, didn't go well :/ ). I suggest you giving it a try, because it changes a LOT of things.

About mod organizer being better: As long as you don't go full potato, nexus mod manager is perfectly fine.

stuff

Perkus Maximus is "skyre 2.0". It mainly modifies the perks and some game mechanics, not necessarily making it harder (as long as you don't try to dagger to death an enemy with heavy armor, tried it, didn't go well :/ ). I suggest you giving it a try, because it changes a LOT of things.

About mod organizer being better: As long as you don't go full potato, nexus mod manager is perfectly fine.

Ok, I thought for a second the two were separate, I have used SkyRe before and kind of liked it, but I need to reinstall it and choose better options (for me at least). I always wanted a perk system more like Fallouts where basically you choose your skill, then the perk you want, not "oh you need to have this unrelated perk you dont want to get this one you do."  Also, I went full potato, that's why I use MO.

Yeah but Perma doesn't even utilize the functionality of uncapper, what I really meant in my last post.

If I have to download multiple stuff with my main perk revamp mod Id rather it be for things like uncapper that add a level of concrete value to the mod and not a defluffer to fix poor perk descriptions that should have already come that way...

Besides Skyre still gets more support from other mods AFAIK...since it was first to the dance and most users like me probably never saw a reason to change.

Well, for skyre you have to clean your save from scripts and deal with absolute incompatibilities because t3nd0 went potato on a few things. I totally love skyre, if it was one of my kids, I'd totally not hit him, but perma is getting a lot more of love, has more interesting combat mechanics (blunt/piercing/slashing weapons), perks aren't so redundant and are also kept to a minimum possible ammount, and it's compatibility is really sexy, and other mod makers seem to like making patches for it.

Of course, if you like encounter zones, standing stones and things like that from skyre, you can always use it with perma. Perma's strongest point is the "core" of the mod (perks, combat mechanics, item mechanics like potions or enchantments and spells, these sexy damn spells, bro). It also doesn't need the uncapper (even though you can use it as an extra after you get all the perks).

It al comes down to personal preference, but as a skyre lover, I'd never go back from perma.

Archived