Hoping someone can point me to the right direction with MO and hdt

Lorelei

Hello I recently switched from NMM to MO. I cant quite seem to get HDT physics to work with MO like I could with NMM.

My biggest issue us, what is the correct way to install it? Do I add it to MO as a zip and just double click it? ( talking about the HDT physics extension zip) after I do that. It displays " no game data set as top level" so all I do is right click on data and set that as the directory. It tells me everything looks good so then I install it. But where does it actually go?

When I go to my mod organizer folder it doesn't even have a skse/ plugins folder. Am I suppose to create those folders and add it that way?

Mo can be so confusing sometimes :P

I do have skse installed, a skeleton, and body.also fnis. I've gotten it to work before just can't seem to get it to the proper place using Mo.

The skse plugins folders will be generated in MO's overwrite folder (down at the very bottom of the left window) when you play. You can then right click the red overwrite, then create mod (or something like that) And it'll take everything from that folder and put it into a new 'mod' and that's where your HDT logs will show up from now on. Just make sure to name it something you'll recognize like 'hdtpe logs' or something. 

It sounds like your confused on how Mod Organizer works exactly. I might suggest reading some of the guides on the step-project site for MO.

Specifically:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer- for a general overview

and

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer_Advanced#The_virtual_filing_system- to help understand excatly what benifits MO provides via Mod Isolation

As for a more direct answer to you question on setting up the HDT PE it sounds like you installed the mod correctly.

You should have something like this:

post-80210-0-15682800-1420884283_thumb.png

For me personally to provide any more help I'd need a bit more information on your current setup (for instance are all of your mods installed through MO, thus giving you a clean Skyrim/data directory or are some of them still manually installed or installed through NMM).

Maybe someone else can help you better than I, or mabye you already figured it out...

Once you get MO figured out properly I'm sure you'll be glad you did, It makes modding skyrim so much easier, I currently have 200+ mods in MO with 190 active plugins and multiple profiles and I love it. :lol: (and thats just skyrim, I also use it for oblivion and new vegas).

As for the overwrite folder I would suggest doing what fizzybutt suggest as well after you've run the game and your plugins have generated log files as well. Although you should already have the HDT PE files in ModOrganizer\mods\[Your HDT Mod Name]\skse\plugins .

It sounds like your confused on how Mod Organizer works exactly. I might suggest reading some of the guides on the step-project site for MO.

Specifically:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer- for a general overview

and

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer_Advanced#The_virtual_filing_system- to help understand excatly what benifits MO provides via Mod Isolation

As for a more direct answer to you question on setting up the HDT PE it sounds like you installed the mod correctly.

You should have something like this:

attachicon.gifhdtpeblurcomments.png

For me personally to provide any more help I'd need a bit more information on your current setup (for instance are all of your mods installed through MO, thus giving you a clean Skyrim/data directory or are some of them still manually installed or installed through NMM).

Maybe someone else can help you better than I, or mabye you already figured it out...

Once you get MO figured out properly I'm sure you'll be glad you did, It makes modding skyrim so much easier, I currently have 200+ mods in MO with 190 active plugins and multiple profiles and I love it. :lol: (and thats just skyrim, I also use it for oblivion and new vegas).

As for the overwrite folder I would suggest doing what fizzybutt suggest as well after you've run the game and your plugins have generated log files as well. Although you should already have the HDT PE files in ModOrganizer\mods\[Your HDT Mod Name]\skse\plugins .

Thank you very much Emerlad especially for the picture and Fizzybutt. I called myself doing that with the overwrite folder but when I clicked skse>plugins ( in the overrite folder) I didn't see the plugins once they were installed. I wil work on it more today.

Emerlad I followed a youtuber (Gopher - not sure if you know him but he is pretty through in his tutorials )who did tutorials on how to back up your NMM folders and everything and switching over to MO.  So my regular skyrim folders and everything is pretty bare  not sureif that answered you're question or not. My MO however isn't bare.  almost have around 200 mods myself installed

Emerlad I followed a youtuber (Gopher - not sure if you know him but he is pretty through in his tutorials )who did tutorials on how to back up your NMM folders and everything and switching over to MO.  So my regular skyrim folders and everything is pretty bare  not sureif that answered you're question or not. My MO however isn't bare.  almost have around 200 mods myself installed

I have heard of Gopher in the past (watched some of his review type videos) and it sounds like you've done the correct thing as far as installing all of your mods through MO, thus giving you a nice clean Skyrim/data folder.

I called myself doing that with the overwrite folder but when I clicked skse>plugins ( in the overrite folder) I didn't see the plugins once they were installed. I wil work on it more today.

As far as the plugin files are concerened they shouldn't appear in your overwrite folder as only files generated while some program is running and using MO to create/merge the files into the virtual file directory will get placed there.

For example for the HDT Physics Extension (or any other mod that might generate files at runtime) files you install (the .dll, .ini, and .xml files in the case of the HDT mod in question here) should appear in their respective mod folder (ie. ModOrganizer/Mods/[Mod Folder Name]/ ) where as logs that are created for the first time during the running of the game (like .log files) will be placed in the overwrite folder (ModOrganizer/Overwrite) as MO has no idea where to put them at runtime.

The exception to this is if a file with that name already exists in a mod folder. In that case it will simply be overwritten/updated in that folder (which is what should happen after you create the mod from your overwrite folder the first time like fizzybutt suggests, so that those files no longer appear there).

Not sure if any of this info dump is helpful or just confusing...

I run my MO with clean overwrite, I just added the relevant HDT files to the SKSE scripts folder/mod that you should have made for MO when installing SKSE :) gofers vid guides on youtube I followed btw for installing SKSE scripts, same goes for fnis too..and any SKSE or fnis files that are generated and go into overwrite you just drag drop them into folders u have made and ..well that's it..lol

Archived