Nonbnb armor with bnb skeleton

Torcha09

Will this work? I want to use Type3m clothing from nexus, but I could honestly care less about the naked body, the armor are just sick af. So, can I install the bib skeleton as a baseline, then still use those armor even though they lack weighting? I plan to install bnb mod with clothing, then overwrite it with type3m. Will this work or is it folly? This is mainly to get more nexus clothing in bib, but I also hear that type3m is missing some armor, so I want them all remodeled. 

I am unsure what you are asking for.

Will non-BNB armor work with a BNB skeleton and BNB animations? Yes.

Will non-BNB armor have bouncing boobs if used with a BNB skeleton and BNB animations? No.

If your game uses BNB you can still use non-BNB armor, you just won't have any jiggling boobs while wearing that armor.

What does not work is the other way around: Using BNB armor without a BNB skeleton will crash your game or cause boobs stretched into infinity (because the game doesn't know what to do with vertices weighted to armatures that don't exist.)

Converting non-BNB armor to BNB armor requires manual labor. This process cannot be skipped by some clever copy&paste-ing of files, the armor mesh file itself needs to be edited to tell the game which vertices make up the boobs and how much each of them should bounce.

I am unsure what you are asking for.

Will non-BNB armor work with a BNB skeleton and BNB animations? Yes.

Will non-BNB armor have bouncing boobs if used with a BNB skeleton and BNB animations? No.

If your game uses BNB you can still use non-BNB armor, you just won't have any jiggling boobs while wearing that armor.

What does not work is the other way around: Using BNB armor without a BNB skeleton will crash your game or cause boobs stretched into infinity (because the game doesn't know what to do with vertices weighted to armatures that don't exist.)

Converting non-BNB armor to BNB armor requires manual labor. This process cannot be skipped by some clever copy&paste-ing of files, the armor mesh file itself needs to be edited to tell the game which vertices make up the boobs and how much each of them should bounce.

Thank you. I'd already pretty much figured this out by this time, as I went ahead and installed a bnb skeleton and body and then went ahead and used non-weighted armor. It worked fine. What is even more interesting to me is the fact that unlike Skyrim, Fallout doesn't seem to give a rat's ass about the base body you use and the armor you're using. For instance, I could use the super busty bnb body, and then wear vanilla armor or type 3 armor, and it wouldn't care. If you try that with CBBE and UNP over on Skyrim, you my friend, are one sol cat. 

Anyway, I plan on getting TTW soon, implementing two different armor sets, because bnb doesn't seem to have a complete set for fallout 3 armors, but I'll use the bnb body and bnb armor for the new vegas side of the game. Because I like bigness, I'm gonna try out Exnem's armor, then I'll install the *gifted* version of the bnb body for new vegas and the bnb armor(which I'm still not sure if the armor is modified for the biggness or if that's just the nekid bod, buuuuuut, I'm not too overly picky on my character's assets changing size on armor change, especially since in Fallout, you have this big ole pipboy keeping you from watching the transformation. With some sex mods, this could be a little more jarring... but that's why I'll have Exnem's armor for at least part of the game so the assets are at least similar. This is gonna be an interesting experiment, but I'm confident it will work.

If anything I just said there seems completely ludicrous and that I'm walking toward a pit of vipers and doing this will totally break my game and expectations, plllllease let me know. But I'm assuming that this leisurely mixed pot of body types is rather okay. I just can only have one type of naked body, which is fine with me. :)

For instance, I could use the super busty bnb body, and then wear vanilla armor or type 3 armor, and it wouldn't care. If you try that with CBBE and UNP over on Skyrim, you my friend, are one sol cat. 

It's the same like in Skyrim. It's a matter of UV, how the texture is applied on the skin. UNP and CBBE have different UV and that's why they appear strange. You can achieve the same "result" in Fallout if you install two body types which use different UV. All those which start with "Type", they all share the same UV and that's why you don't notice weird things. But if you install Exnem BB for example, you will see it, you will probably end up with a nipple on the knee

For instance, I could use the super busty bnb body, and then wear vanilla armor or type 3 armor, and it wouldn't care. If you try that with CBBE and UNP over on Skyrim, you my friend, are one sol cat. 

It's the same like in Skyrim. It's a matter of UV, how the texture is applied on the skin. UNP and CBBE have different UV and that's why they appear strange. You can achieve the same "result" in Fallout if you install two body types which use different UV. All those which start with "Type", they all share the same UV and that's why you don't notice weird things. But if you install Exnem BB for example, you will see it, you will probably end up with a nipple on the knee

Oh, this should be fun then. Perhaps I had a bugged version of Skyrim at the time, but I once installed unp armor with a bigger body for the nekid(cbbe). Essentially, whenever I put the armor on, I'd have body exploding out from the clothes.To me it seemed as if Skyrim's body is always under an armor, because some armor don't have built in bodies. But fallout seems to be all built in, meaning that I can change outfit body sizes and the only thing to worry about is a nip on the head like you said. ;) I'll let you know how it turns out. It may be awhile though. I'm a fairly busy fella.

That behaviour happens in NV too when an armor is on a slot which is not Upperbody. But Skyrim's armors have a lot of slots compared to NV, maybe the ones you were wearing weren't replacing the Upperbody. When a Skyrim's armor replaces Upperbody slot (32 if I remember well), it works exactly like in NV, you can notice it easily with vanilla torso armors, they all replace the Upperbody. So for example, install a body replacer but not an armor replacer, you will see your body won't explode through vanilla torso armors, but probably if you wear simply the bracers or the boots they will clip. They will stop clipping when you wear the vanilla torso armor. It's less simple when it comes to custom armors, because some of them are modular and you don't always know which one replaces Upperbody, you could check it on SkyUI inventory and see which slot is used. For example, I remember some custom armors having the body on the heels, you had to wear the heels to actually wear the right body; as consequence, if you weren't wearing the heels but you were still wearing the torso armor, you would have seen your body not adapting to the armor

"because some armor don't have built in bodies."

yep that's what sums up. But I can't agree with this, I guess 99% of armor sets have at least one piece on the upperbody slot. I more think you were mix match sets and you were missing the one on slot 32. But I also don't know that "nekid" you are referring so they could be an exception.

If you want to see a similar behaviour on Fallout, you could try Paradise Island or Wasteland Cloth Collection outfits. They are modular and have many pieces which are rigged on parts which are not Upperbody.

That behaviour happens in NV too when an armor is on a slot which is not Upperbody. But Skyrim's armors have a lot of slots compared to NV, maybe the ones you were wearing weren't replacing the Upperbody. When a Skyrim's armor replaces Upperbody slot (32 if I remember well), it works exactly like in NV, you can notice it easily with vanilla torso armors, they all replace the Upperbody. So for example, install a body replacer but not an armor replacer, you will see your body won't explode through vanilla torso armors, but probably if you wear simply the bracers or the boots they will clip. They will stop clipping when you wear the vanilla torso armor. It's less simple when it comes to custom armors, because some of them are modular and you don't always know which one replaces Upperbody, you could check it on SkyUI inventory and see which slot is used. For example, I remember some custom armors having the body on the heels, you had to wear the heels to actually wear the right body; as consequence, if you weren't wearing the heels but you were still wearing the torso armor, you would have seen your body not adapting to the armor

"because some armor don't have built in bodies."

yep that's what sums up. But I can't agree with this, I guess 99% of armor sets have at least one piece on the upperbody slot. I more think you were mix match sets and you were missing the one on slot 32. But I also don't know that "nekid" you are referring so they could be an exception.

If you want to see a similar behaviour on Fallout, you could try Paradise Island or Wasteland Cloth Collection outfits. They are modular and have many pieces which are rigged on parts which are not Upperbody.

Very interesting. I didn't know this and it explains a lot. A lot of the armor I had tried out in Skyrim when I had that issue WAS modular. This makes total sense, I just didn't have all the dots ready to connect. I just figured it was bad juju to mix body meshes. Very interesting.... Also the body on the heels thing... seems stupid, but obviously someone wanted to walk around nikid with sexy boots on. Wow, I learn so much, just by your correcting my assumptions. :) Again, thanks a bunch!

Oh and, if you were actually confused by what I said with the "nekid" part, (couldn't tell if you were joking), I meant I want the "gifted" mesh of bnb for new Vegas. I know I can get the naked body in this mesh, but since the armor replacer for bnb is one download, I'm guessing it only has armor meshes for the most popular body mesh. Perhaps I'm mistaken. Now that I think about it, it'd be dumb to only make one armor mesh when he(she?) made like 8 body meshes... It'd be great to see super busty armor in game. :D

I remember Wasteland Cloth Collection had "Gifted" version of some outfits. Not sure if the link is really this one, I was remembering a different page... but it's like 1 years and half ago, I don't trust my memory. Anyway it had versions of clothes for every variant, like H, Gifted, Giant, BB, Alice, Berry etc.etc. but just few models, and not vanilla conversions, they were custom outfits (and even modular, like we were talking about, with a belt, and a jacket, and a skirt, and a top, etc.etc. it's nice for mix and match but you can have that issue we're talking about if you don't use the correct body type)

And no I wasn't joking, sorry I just misunderstood your sentence, I though you were using a peculiar variant of CBBE, since there's tons of variants in skyrim :)

"And no I wasn't joking, sorry I just misunderstood your sentence, I though you were using a peculiar variant of CBBE, since there's tons of variants in skyrim :)"

Lol, sorry. Nope nekid was just my juvenile way of writing naked/nude lol. My bad. Now let me think... what could NEKID stand for. "New Elder Kids Incubated by Dibella." Hehe, if this were a mod, I'd say it would replace all the children bodies with adult TBD(touched by dibella) bodies. Lol, that would be so wrong. Little Braith's head on a busty body... Thanks for your help and positivist A.J. :D

Archived