*Solved*[Game breaking problem] Essencial quest bugged

Jerlis

On the main quest chain in Whiterun where I need to follow Irileth to meet guards and we should go and kill 1st dragon Irileth just stands on stairway in Dragonsreach and doesn't move. When I try to talk to her she says "I'll see you when the rest of the men gathered" They already are. Waiting doesn't help, disabling/reanableing all mods doesn't help. Attacking her doesn't help either.

By the way same thing happens with several other NPC around and inside Dragonsreach. Guards, Jarl's son, some maid, a couple of traders, the Talos fan guy... they just stand on some spots and never move anywhere!

How can this be fixed? Very very please help :(

Update: Looks like more and more NPC are getting affected with this problem. Now Vilks is missing some oudio files and when I get quest ot to go to courtyard with him for a training he doesn't go anywhere.... what is going on?

1. Go inside a safe interior like a home or inn. Wait 11 days and save the game. The leave the game and load that save (should reset the animprob).

2. To fight the dragon you do not need to meet the darkelf at the stone. I never do that anymore. I straight go to the tower. A guard comes crouching to the opening. Talk to him and he tells you about the dragon and when he says 'here it comes again' go and fight it.

Good luck

1. Go inside a safe interior like a home or inn. Wait 11 days and save the game. The leave the game and load that save (should reset the animprob).

2. To fight the dragon you do not need to meet the darkelf at the stone. I never do that anymore. I straight go to the tower. A guard comes crouching to the opening. Talk to him and he tells you about the dragon and when he says 'here it comes again' go and fight it.

Good luck

Hmm will try with the waiting right now, thanks for the tip. As for the dragon it's not what bothers me - Vilkis behaves same way and several NPC near Dragonsreach. I fear it may happen with any other quest NPC which you need to follow somewhere and I'm not sure what causes this

After some wicked manipulations with old saves, disabling all mods and reanabling them I managed to fix the problem. It seems so this could happen because fo conflict of 2 run speed improving mods. One is overall increase mod, other is making NPC walk same speed as PC. Didn't see any reason for them to conflict but oh well, seems so they do. Still not 100% sure, it works I just keep 2nd one disabled now[/align]

Glad to hear. Was one of these mods: 'Realistic Running Speed by Nobot16k'?

Hmm.... actualy no. Means looks like it was not the speed mod which was the main reason of the bug. After some time of playing without the mod that adjusts walking/running speed of NPC with me I noticed the NPC start gather in one spot again so I decided to go till the end and find out the reason of the problem. After more than an hour of turning on/off of all mods in turn I found that there is one mod thatwas causing this.... pretty unexpected but it was the mod that adds working tools and epty boxes to Skyforce... *mind blown* Without this one butwith all others enabled this problem doesn't happen again.

Archived