Gags and dialogue?

Majin Buu

So I've seen few posts mention about special dialogue that you are supposed to get with NPC's when you are wearing a gag. I had DD-restrained installed before and recently uninstalled and I was looking around for information about this dialogue (Zad gags quest? Something like that) and I can't seem to find information on it. Supposed to be included with Devious Devices or  Zaz Animation pack? I don't remember. But anyway, currently when gagged and I talk to NPC's, all I get is a repeating "Mmph!" option. Is that the only option I am supposed to get? Or am I supposed to have other options with the dialogue? Do these other options need to be activated in some way?

Not posted in the appropriate mods topic because I don't know what mod it is supposed to come from.

So I've seen few posts mention about special dialogue that you are supposed to get with NPC's when you are wearing a gag. I had DD-restrained installed before and recently uninstalled and I was looking around for information about this dialogue (Zad gags quest? Something like that) and I can't seem to find information on it. Supposed to be included with Devious Devices or  Zaz Animation pack? I don't remember. But anyway, currently when gagged and I talk to NPC's, all I get is a repeating "Mmph!" option. Is that the only option I am supposed to get? Or am I supposed to have other options with the dialogue? Do these other options need to be activated in some way?

Not posted in the appropriate mods topic because I don't know what mod it is supposed to come from.

If ALL you're getting is "mmph", something is wrong.

After that, you get a dialogue, something about "are you having fun?", and then can move on to an ANNOYING kinda random game where you make dialogue choices, and eventually they'll either give up and you have to start the dialogue tree again, or they'll understand what your gestures and moans means, and you get your normal dialogue options.

Ideally, I'd like to make a perk that skips that...maybe after many days of having lots of conversations with lots of people, you'd get a permanent gagese skill perk.  Or have appropriate NPCs with a perk to automatically understand your gagese (your master, Master from CD, Mistress from Trapped in Rubber)

Devious Devices includes a gag dialogue "mini game" as part of Integration these days.

If you talk to NPCs while gagged and wearing an armbinder you'll get a "looks like somebody's having fun" response from them, and you can nod or shake your head resulting in some different outcomes depending on what gender of NPC you're talking to and which responses you've already had. After that, if the conversation continues, you get to the dialogue that would happen immediately if you're gagged and not wearing an armbinder, which begins with the NPC saying something like "OK let's see if I can understand you." You can then keep picking from some options (which repeat) and eventually you'll get an option in brackets, such as (Try to use body language.)

At that point (and after selecting the next line of dialogue) the NPC will either understand what you're saying and you can now talk to them normally this one time, or they don't get it and you get +5% to your gag speech mastery and have to try again from the beginning. The higher your gag speech skill the easier it should be to get them to understand you.

No, you don't need an armbinder, just a (devious) gag. I'm not sure exactly what happens with Zaz gags, as I'm almost always in a devious one if I'm wearing one at all.

There's an extra stage at first if you're wearing an armbinder as well. That's when the NPC says, "Looks like somebody's having fun." You can nod or shake your head and they may do something naughty to you. After that, if the conversation is still ongoing, you get to the stage you would start at if you're just wearing the gag, which is picking garbled dialogue options until you have a chance to make yourself understood.

Sometimes the dialogue system is overridden, though. High priority dialogue - like NPCs force-greeting you with something required for a quest - works as if you're not gagged, and also any current followers will tell you at the start that they can understand you (though I think they still do the armbinder part first if you're wearing one.)

Archived