Grass Shadows

Tivoko

Well I'm at my wits end with this one, so hopefully there's some knowledgeable people that can help me out here. I'm trying to get my landscape to look beautiful, but the grass sticks out like a sore thumb in shady areas. I want to get grass that looks like this:

60220-2-1417741091.gif

60220-4-1417741091.gif

However, mine looks pretty meh in comparison:

hIQFZIY.jpg

CyAjxtd.jpg

Dl0D6mn.jpg

It's like there's no shadows being cast on them, yet I've triple checked my .ini files and I have these all in there:

bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1

bShadowsOnGrass=1

bDrawShadows=1

My grass mods are Verdant (pictured above) and Tamriel Reloaded, my ENB is Kountervibe. I just don't know how to get the gorgeous looking grass others have.

Try to rebuild your .inis with the skyrim launcher and see if it works. Apart, is that really Kountervibe enb? looks very very dull to me.

Thanks, I tried rebuilding the ini files and it seems to have worked. A bit annoying that I now have to recustomize some settings but at least the game looks good. As for the ENB, yeah it is Kountervibe, although I may have had a left over file from another ENB in there so I reinstalled it and things brightened up a bit more.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I resurrect this thread?

I'm having the same issue as the OP. My game's grass looks exactly like their screenshots. I'm also using Verdant Grasses (though it doesn't matter which grasses mod I use) and can't get any shadows. I've added all the proper lines to the display and grass sections of both the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini (desperation -_-') with absolutely no result.

Unlike the OP, having the launcher rebuild the ini's did nothing for me. Can anyone provide more suggestions? 

Archived