Newb needs Help.

So, I picked up the Elder Scrolls Anthology for twenty bucks in a Black Friday deal.  They made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  I haven't played any ES since Morrowind though.  Back in the day, I never had any issues installing mods there.  Oblivion and Skyrim though are giving me fits.  I don't expect anyone to hold my hand through the process, tutorials and such and I think I can find my way.  So, could someone direct me to a good comprehensive noob guide?

I don't mind starting out simple. If I could get a couple of nice armor sets to work would be good for a start, till I learn what I am doing.  I'll worry about things like animations later.

I have tried the Oblivion Mod Manager and even with that I can't seem to get anything going.

Also, it looks like since my Skyrim is through Steam it looks like I need to be mindful of that as well.

But like I said if someone can direct me to the guides, I think I could figure out what I am doing wrong.  Thanks in advance.

Great.  Will spend some time there and see what I can figure out.  Anything with "project" in the title though does sound a bit daunting. :D   Will take a look and see if I can get me a few armors though.  Thanks.

Archived