Changing armor for duplicate race?

iamthemoon

I'm interested in using an adult body mod, but I only want it to affect the character I'm playing, and not any of the NPCs. While this seems to be possible as far as assigning the actual body goes, it doesn't seem like it's possible for the armor made to work with said adult body mod.

However, I'd love to be proven wrong. If there is a way to do it, or even a clever workaround, let me know.

That's possible, but the only way I know of to do it is laborious. Every armor has one or more ArmorAddons that determine the model displayed when it is worn in game. And ArmorAddons have a list of races to which they apply. So you can make a set of new ArmorAddons from the modded nifs, tie them only to your PC race, and put each of them in the list of Addons for its armor. Make sure your race isn't using the vanilla addons (set ArmorRace to NONE). That'll display the modded armor when you wear it, but NPCs will wear the vanilla version.

That's possible' date=' but the only way I know of to do it is laborious. Every armor has one or more ArmorAddons that determine the model displayed when it is worn in game. And ArmorAddons have a list of races to which they apply. So you can make a set of new ArmorAddons from the modded nifs, tie them only to your PC race, and put each of them in the list of Addons for its armor. Make sure your race isn't using the vanilla addons (set ArmorRace to NONE). That'll display the modded armor when you wear it, but NPCs will wear the vanilla version.

[/quote']

That sounds really interesting! Another question then - if I made a duplicate Nord race, would I be able to still have NPCs identify it as Nord in conversation?

That sounds really interesting! Another question then - if I made a duplicate Nord race' date=' would I be able to still have NPCs identify it as Nord in conversation?

[/quote']

That, I haven't tried. I know it doesn't happen by default. The one such dialog topic I could find offhand used GetIsPCRace, as I imagine they all do, and I'd guess that function just performs a strict equality check.

If you find a way that doesn't involve editing every such dialog topic, post it; I'd like to know about it.

Archived