[SOLVED] Armor Slot Change

xgkf

Would someone be willing to change the equipment/body slot that a particular piece of clothing from an armor set is using to a different one?

I'm not looking to step on the toes of any re-distribution rules, so I'm fine with PMing whoever would like to help the files for the clothing piece(s) I need edited and just doing it 'privately' if need be. I've looked into trying to do it myself a little bit, but it apparently requires more than just the Creation Kit and is a bit more complicated than it first seems, so I don't really understand what all I'm needing to do.

For reference, the piece(s) I needed editing are the Shaws (shoulder cloth thing) from the multi-colored Scarlet Dawn armor set, which use slot 45. I would like them to use something else.

Edit: Request retracted. After an hour or so of head-scratching and various forms 'how the fuck-', 'what the fuck-', and 'where the fuck-'-ing, I managed to figure out how to do it. :)

I'm actually about to change the armor slot for that as well, lol.

As for how, changing the slots that they use in the Creation Kit is fairly simple. Just load up the Creation Kit and activate the Skyrim.esm and the appropriate PotW .esp file. Those should be the only two you need. From once its loaded up ('yes to all' and 'ignore' any errors/prompts along the way), just find the belt(s) in both the Armor and ArmorAddon subsections. Right-Click -> Edit the pieces, and change the armor slot that they use to whatever you want/need, and hit OK. Once you're done doing that, save and exit.

After that, and where it gets a bit more complicated, you'll need the program called Nifskope. Using that, you load up any and all .nif files that the belt(s) uses and change the body slot that they use there to the same slot that you changed them to in the Creation Kit.

This page should help show you what to look for and where to look. It's what I ended up looking at to help me out: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Skyrim_bodyparts_number

Archived