Want to export NPC as a 3d friendly file (.obj, .fbx...) by ripping

captainsakae

Hello all!

So to sumarize what I am trying to do: obtain a 3d file (.obj or .fbx for example) of a complete model of my character/ an NPC. I've seen multiple people attempt to do this for various reasons (3d printing via an .obj file, for example), and I've seen some even work. Basically the method that they went, rather than combing through bsa files and combining everything to make the desired NPC/ Character appearance, is that they used a ripper.

Now, I found one site specifically for 3d Ripper DX where you can see a tutorial of someone who successfully ripped his player model from skyrim... however, he doesn't cover what the settings were he had, or anything like that... so replicating that task has been... challenging...

I reached out to the individual who did it, and as he did it over two years ago he himself can't remember how he configured it to work!

Needless to say, I have used 3d Ripper DX, Ninja Ripper, 3d Via Printscreen.... just about every ripping program I can think of... and none of them have worked (furthermore, my frusteration is added by the fact that I have SEEN others complete this task, yet no one is sharing how they did it)

So I am asking you, internet, if you know of a way to rip 3d models straight from Skyrim, as it seems it is possible. I am running Windows 7 64 bit, and have SKSE and an ENB installed on skyrim. I have tried using rippers through all the various Skyrim launchers (TESV, skse_loader, SkyrimLauncher), with and without ENB active, and nothing is working. Occasionally I get an error code, but most of the time I get absolutley nothing (although, to be fair, ninja ripper does give me a text file log of all the things I'm not ripping).

Again, I ask, please help!

Hello all!

So to sumarize what I am trying to do: obtain a 3d file (.obj or .fbx for example) of a complete model of my character/ an NPC. I've seen multiple people attempt to do this for various reasons (3d printing via an .obj file, for example), and I've seen some even work. Basically the method that they went, rather than combing through bsa files and combining everything to make the desired NPC/ Character appearance, is that they used a ripper.

Now, I found one site specifically for 3d Ripper DX where you can see a tutorial of someone who successfully ripped his player model from skyrim... however, he doesn't cover what the settings were he had, or anything like that... so replicating that task has been... challenging...

I reached out to the individual who did it, and as he did it over two years ago he himself can't remember how he configured it to work!

Needless to say, I have used 3d Ripper DX, Ninja Ripper, 3d Via Printscreen.... just about every ripping program I can think of... and none of them have worked (furthermore, my frusteration is added by the fact that I have SEEN others complete this task, yet no one is sharing how they did it)

So I am asking you, internet, if you know of a way to rip 3d models straight from Skyrim, as it seems it is possible. I am running Windows 7 64 bit, and have SKSE and an ENB installed on skyrim. I have tried using rippers through all the various Skyrim launchers (TESV, skse_loader, SkyrimLauncher), with and without ENB active, and nothing is working. Occasionally I get an error code, but most of the time I get absolutley nothing (although, to be fair, ninja ripper does give me a text file log of all the things I'm not ripping).

Again, I ask, please help!

Use NIFskope, select as mesh, export as .obj.

Export every piece of your choice - the armor, the boots, the hands, the head, whatever you're wearing, plus hair, jewelry, etc. Then, import them all into a single scene in a 3d modeler of your choice, and either join them into a single mesh, or just keep them as is. Done.

Archived