Using ENB causes crash on startup

Oragensaft2

Today i tried installing an ENB into my Oblivion, but it wouldnt want to work. The problem is that the game crashes when starting. When i start Oblivion it takes a short while, then the ENB should be loaded as i get the message on the top left of my screen telling me ENBseries v0181... . but after a short while, without doing anything and just watching at the Bethesda logo and then the 2k logo, it crashes, telling me "Oblivion has stopped working".

But that happens only sometimes. If this doesnt happen my whole screen simply turns orange/yellow ish, after the ENB has finished loading. While the game keeps loading, i can hear the game sounds aswell. Then after the same short while it crashes, too.

Now my PC:

Processor: Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1220 V2 @ 3,10GHz ( Which is a Server Processor comparable to Intel i5)

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

RAM: 8G

Since an ENB doesnt conflict with any mods, and im rather sure its not related to any of my mods, because i tried this both with an unmodded Oblivion and a modded one, im out of ideas. Tweaking the enbseries.ini doesnt seem to help either, i also dont want to break anything.

The mods i tried to use are:

A Tweaked ENB and then Aero ENB v2.

Now i did read about Steam causing CTD if usind the Wrapper version, but after i disabled the steam overlay nothing changed. I also tried tweaking the injector.ini file and setting the steam hack to either 1 or 0, didnt help aswell.

And trying the Injector version, well my game didnt even notice the ENB, which means it didnt even load on startup. Not sure why, tho. Maybe i installed it wrong, but there is no documentation on how to properly install the Injector version for A Tweaked ENB. Aero ENB explains how to use it but my game didnt recognize or load the ENB preset. The problem here aswell is the lack of documentation, all i can do is trial and error atm, which doesnt get my anywhere since the last hour.

Edit: Just managed to get the Injector version to load, so its being recognized. But the same issue as above. With the exception of the orange/yellow screen for some reason. Or maybe my sample size of trying to launch the game just isnt big enough lol. I use the Injector version on both mods not sure if done correctly for the A Tweaked ENB, but i think i did.

see if some of directx   dll   are missing.       better is to download direct x 9.c  and direct x 10/11  from Microsoft to update,  it will fix any missing  dll .

I just installed my pc, so you could have a valid point. But steam did install directx before launching oblivion, do you think it installed an old version?

Edit: Just checked with dxdiag and my installed version is 11, so i dont know if this is the issue. Also im beggining to like the injector version. Am i right to assume that if you dont start the injector.exe, the game wont load the ENB and you can simply turn your ENB on and off whenever you feel like it?

i think you need also directx 9  also    oblivion is an old game   and emb uses d3b9.dll (directx9)

i have never used the injector and i do not know  anything about it.

maybe its crashing due to memory  did you install the 4gopatch  it might help if you did not

or ENBoost  from nexus 

i think you need also directx 9  also    oblivion is an old game   and emb uses d3b9.dll (directx9)

i have never used the injector and i do not know  anything about it.

maybe its crashing due to memory  did you install the 4gopatch  it might help if you did not

or ENBoost  from nexus 

That seemse to work, or that and the big update windows did, thanks alot. Now to test and see how it looks in game.

Archived