How can I create transition animations?

In Arrok Reverse Cowgirl, I noticed that there is a transition before a stage starts that only plays once at the start of the stage.

I know the Tn tag is related in the FNIS_Sexlab_List.txt, but I do not know how to use it.

I have a set of animations that have transition idles, and I want to utilize them in the same manner. 

How can I do this?

The -Tn option in the FNIS Lists do nothing but surpress the sending of the IdleForceDefaultState AnimEvent, which usually ends an FNIS idle in order to make the character act like before s/he started the idle.

This was sort of a work-around in early versions of FNIS to allow those transistion animations. But I don't recommend this feature any more.

What you should use instead are SA (sequenced animations). SexLab and other mods are using them. Amoong others they have the big advantage that they automatically transition from an acyclic animation to the following one. Without the need to script the waiting time in between.

The -Tn option in the FNIS Lists do nothing but surpress the sending of the IdleForceDefaultState AnimEvent, which usually ends an FNIS idle in order to make the character act like before s/he started the idle.

This was sort of a work-around in early versions of FNIS to allow those transistion animations. But I don't recommend this feature any more.

What you should use instead are SA (sequenced animations). SexLab and other mods are using them. Amoong others they have the big advantage that they automatically transition from an acyclic animation to the following one. Without the need to script the waiting time in between.

How can I create a sequenced animation, then? Can I do it from .hkx files?

I cannot save you from reading the FNIS Modders' doc. In the FNIS files section.  :)

I cannot save you from reading the FNIS Modders' doc. In the FNIS files section.  :)

I was hoping you would point out something like that. I'll take a look, thanks.

Edit: So, if I simply mark the acyclic parts with -a, that should do the trick?

I was hoping you would point out something like that. I'll take a look, thanks.

Edit: So, if I simply mark the acyclic parts with -a, that should do the trick?

No. -a only indicates acyclic. Otherwise they are cyclic.

Just look into SexLab. There are dozens of examples. Like

s zdi2_Doggystyle_A2_S1  zdi2_Threesome_A2_S1.hkx
+ -a zdi2_Doggystyle_A2_S2 zdi2_Threesome_A2_S2.hkx
+ zdi2_Doggystyle_A2_S2b zdi2_Threesome_A2_S2b.hkx
+ -a zdi2_Doggystyle_A2_S3 zdi2_Threesome_A2_S3.hkx
+ zdi2_Doggystyle_A2_S3b zdi2_Threesome_A2_S3b.hkx
+ -a zdi2_Doggystyle_A2_S4 zdi2_Threesome_A2_S4.hkx
+ zdi2_Doggystyle_A2_S4b zdi2_Doggystyle_A2_S4b.hkx

Archived