I hate Halloween.

Growing up in the UK during the 70's & 80's, Halloween wasn't really much of a thing. Most people celebrate Bonfire Night on the 5th November. So for me, Halloween isn't something I really get into. My kids, love it, so I go out trick or treating for them, but if I had the choice, I'd be fine skipping it.

Also, as a kid, I used to visit the US on vacation sometimes, and in the mid 80's in Florida, I remember the scares stories on the news. Reports of razor blades in hot dogs, and nails, etc in candy. So that furthered my dislike I guess.

I do enjoy eating the candy though :)

So much Nightmare Night hate...  I don't do pagan rituals, but I find scary stuff thrilling!  I like having fine with scary stuff.  I acted like a zombie at work for a good two hours.  Not even any makeup.  And people...*cough*...ate it up.  What?  Steve Stucker called this Cliche Day!  ...or was that just a bad pun?

• 2 weeks later...

I was born on Halloween.

Yep.

Never really "experienced" Halloween since I had cancer -twice- as a kid.

Needless to say, whenever I -wasn't- at the hospital, no one had the time to come to my birthday party 'cause "trick or threat"

I fucking hate Halloween and my enitre life is a joke.

The end.

Well I'll put it this way; when people ask me what i'm doing for Halloween this year my usual response is, "same thing I did last year; my laundry."  Holidays are usually only happy for me if my loved ones are nearby.  Holidays are SOO commercialized that I really don't enjoy myself unless friends and family are there.  Otherwise I treat it like any other day, even Christmas.

Wow i'm surprised you guys don't like it, it's a great time to decorate your house, it's awesome for rowdy dressup parties, you can drink a shit ton of booze listening to stuff you would otherwise not listen, you would watch marathons of horror movies on drugs for the fun of it and you get to see a bunch of girls dressing up half naked in adult costumes, what's not to love? Plus chocolates and candies.

Wow i'm surprised you guys don't like it, it's a great time to decorate your house, it's awesome for rowdy dressup parties, you can drink a shit ton of booze listening to stuff you would otherwise not listen, you would watch marathons of horror movies on drugs for the fun of it and you get to see a bunch of girls dressing up half naked in adult costumes, what's not to love? Plus chocolates and candies.

Actually, I can do all that stuff, everyday for 365 days if I so desire. Actually, I do half of the stuff on daily basis.

It's the kids, with faces filled with snot, begging for candy and the commercial in stores for this "special" day I can't stand.

Same with Christmas, Easter and fuck knows what. It's a forced holiday/tradition rooted in a delirious fantasy tale, that I don't want to have any part off.

Actually, I can do all that stuff, everyday for 365 days if I so desire. Actually, I do half of the stuff on daily basis.

It's the kids, with faces filled with snot, begging for candy and the commercial in stores for this "special" day I can't stand.

Same with Christmas, Easter and fuck knows what. It's a forced holiday/tradition rooted in a delirious fantasy tale, that I don't want to have any part off.

Oh, well when you put it THAT way, you sound nothing at all like a bitter old man telling kids to get off his lawn. Is there any sound more obnoxious and grating than the joyful laughter of children? Boo fun!

Halloween arrived in my country some years ago but is all about consumerism, so no trick or treat and no decorations, although they sells some anyway.

It's annoy me a bit because in Italy (and generally in Europe) we already have an holiday (centuries old) in wich you wear costumes and so (the Mardi Gras in New Orleans comes from that), so it seems pointless to me to have also Halloween here.