[req for help] Unique armor for custom races.

conglaciatus1

I've seen a couple of topics about this here and there, but does anyone know how to set it up (and if so, could provide a detailed explanation) so that your player character (via unique race, and a custom path, I suppose) has different armor models, ie. replacers from some of the nexus packs, from NPC's?

The steps I've managed to find online are these (apparently):

-In the data/meshes/ folder, make alternate folders for you race's armor/clothes.
-Chuck all the vanila version nifs in there.
-Overwrite those with the modded versions you want your race to use.

-Open Custom Armor in CK
-Goto Armor
-Open one of them(ARMO), double click it's ARMA/model.
-In the ARMA, change the race at the top to the one your making a custom Armor&Clothing set for.
-In the rightside column, remove all but the vampire version of that race.
-Change the location of the used nif for male/female to where you've placed the race's version of the armor/colthes.
-Rename the new ARMA, click OK and save it.
-In the same ARMO, change the race at the top to the one your editing.
-Delete the default ARMA it uses.
-Add the new one you made.
-Click OK and save the ARMO.

-Rinse and Repeat for every Armor/Clothing you want separated for that race.

But I do not understand how to open the armor files in CK, as I see no options to open anything except esm/esp's...

Also - is there a way to do this en masse for an entire mod, like the ct77 armor replacer set, but make it only apply to a custom race, as that sounds like it could be a big time saver...

And, on a final note, does anyone know how to give your char a different base mesh then NPC's? I've seen mods that do this, but I don't know how to edit them to have the mesh I'd prefer...

Edit: - I also just realized that this probably isn't the right section for this... whoops.

You need to create a new .esp (which will be your modifications) by not setting an active file when loading skyrim.esm and any other .esm you are changing the armor from. The creation kit doesnt load individual files like armor, clothes, weapons etc. It loads .esp and .esm which contain the armors or weapons etc. If you want to change the vanilla skyrim armors load skyrim.esm, if you want to change dawnguard armors load dawnguard.esm and so on.

You need to create a new .esp (which will be your modifications) by not setting an active file when loading skyrim.esm and any other .esm you are changing the armor from. The creation kit doesnt load individual files like armor, clothes, weapons etc. It loads .esp and .esm which contain the armors or weapons etc. If you want to change the vanilla skyrim armors load skyrim.esm, if you want to change dawnguard armors load dawnguard.esm and so on.

I've figured out how to load the stuff in, however, once again I have an issue - I cannot get the esp to work - I just end up with invisible gear on both the custom race and default races.  Does anyone know a step-by step process for doing this, as Most info I find on it is pretty vague and takes for granted that I am well versed in CK, which I'm not...

Archived