Slider "lag" Assistance

So I'm trying a fresh new game, updated all my mods and such as well, but I'm getting one small issue that is glaringly annoying.

My sliders are lagging, so to say. Every time I try to create a character, when I move a slider involving my face, it takes a second to load each time I move it. It makes making faces really tedious and long when I have to wait a second between each tiny little adjustment for everything I do.

This seems to happen with only sliders that affect the shape of the face, the vertex editor, or eye color. Stuff like tints or hairs or hair colors are just fine and go by fast. But if I try to adjust anything like chin length or eyebrow height, or just anything related to morphing the face, I get little pauses between each time I move the slider.

It is really driving me crazy, and I never had this issue before, so not sure what could be causing it now. Same setup I have always had, with a few new texture mods I downloaded (which shouldn't cause any issues since they are environmental textures).

Tried google searching, but couldn't find anything relevant to what I was experiencing, so maybe you guys can help me. Load order below, though I don't know if it is needed really.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
AzarHair.esm
OblivionHairPackAIO.esm
Obl-VB hair.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
JackGaPub.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
SGHairPackBase.esm
Skykids.esm
TERAArmors.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
sandboxcylinderheight.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
ELE-Spell and Torch Lighting.esp
RelightingSkyrim-FULL.esp
ELE Plugin - RS Light Color.esp
ELE-FX Emittance.esp
ELE-Interior Lighting.esp
ELE DG-Interior Lighting.esp
ELE HF-Interior Lighting.esp
ELE DB-Interior Lighting.esp
ELE-Weathers.esp
ELE Dragonborn-Weathers.esp
Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
Prometheus_NSUTR BDS Patch.esp
Rainbows.esp
SplashofRain.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
realrainCoT.esp
mintylightningmod.esp
MintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp
Personalized Music.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
Dual Sheath Redux.esp
GagSFX.esp
GagSFXDawnguard.esp
GagSFXHearthfires.esp
GagSFXDragonborn.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - default.esp
Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and BOOZE.esp
SexLab Romance.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
mslDeviousCaptures.esp
ShootingStars.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
WetandCold - Holidays.esp
DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp
towConversation.esp
SkyUI.esp
ChaPi Clothing.esp
Cloaks.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
CloudArmor.esp
DaggerCraft.esp
Devious Devices - For the Masses II.esp
DD FtM - Cloaks WIC patch.esp
Dread Crossbow.esp
Dread Knight Weapon Set.esp
Earrings Set1.esp
Gatti14Yumiko.esp
GDZZJJDH.esp
Ghosu - Auriel.esp
Ghosu - Weapon Pack 1.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
imperialshield.esp
Imperial Shield Replacer.esp
kuzak-bodyandstockings.esp
MashupUNP.esp
NiaOutfit - UNPB BBP.esp
Nicos Craftable Arrows.esp
Nicoroshi Creations.esp
NS_HuntingGroundsOutfit.esp
Sapphire Rose.esp
Sovngarde Steel Armor and Weapons.esp
Tera Armor Level List.esp
TERA Weapons.esp
The Bow Of The DarkOne.esp
UniqueWeaponsRedone.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
zz_GDRAHoods.esp
zzLSAR.esp
BHTNF_Eli.esp
Captured Dreams.esp
DawnofSkyrim-AllMajorCities.esp
Devious Deviants.esp
FoxCafe_Wiverwood.esp
HF_Heljarchen_Pool.esp
hjerimtnf.esp
HSTNF.esp
Immersive Orc Strongholds.esp
Immersive Solstheim.esp
kankaraya.esp
HF_Lakeview_AvantGarden_Performance.esp
proudspiremanortnf.esp
ScottishBanneredMare.esp
Tamriel Reloaded Flora.esp
Tamriel Reloaded Mountains.esp
Tamriel Reloaded Trees.esp
VHTNF.esp
whiterunMarket.esp
HF_Windstad_Pool_and_Hot_Bath.esp
armored-horses.esp
Babette.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
CharredSkeeverReplacer.esp
Ducks and Swans.esp
ImmersiveFP.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - B3lisario UNP Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
ETaC - Better Dynamic Snow Patch.esp
ETaC - Complete.esp
ETaC - Complete LoS Patch.esp
ETaC - Complete NoSnow Patch.esp
ETaC - Complete WC Holidays Patch.esp
ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp
SakuraSnow.esp
Skysan_Icicle.esp
DVA - Dynamic Vampire Appearance.esp
Mighty Beasts - Vampire Lord.esp
Mighty Beasts - Werewolf.esp
Pinup Poser.esp
Halo's Poser.esp
SGHairPackAIO.esp
Eyes of Aber.esp
MikanEyes All in one.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp
NPC_Overhaul_V_1_.esp
USKP_NPCoverhaul_Patch.esp
Bijin Warmaidens.esp
Brothers.esp
Companionsguildrevamp.esp
Delphine Makeover.esp
eola1.3.esp
Frea.esp
Kate.esp
Onmund by CrimsonFairy.esp
Rayya.esp
Serana.esp
SkyKids - NPC Replacer.esp
SkyKids - NPC Replacer HF.esp
SkyKids - NPC Replacer DB.esp
TGMImpoovement.esp
Ysolda.esp
CharacterMakingExtender.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
Watercolor_for_ENB_RWT.esp
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
SK Child Armor Swapper.esp

EDIT: and..... I figured out the issue already lol. It was the new 2.13 version of XPMSE that was causing it. I realized my Dual Sheath Redux wasn't working either, so I went and tried out the old 2.06 version of XPMSE and my Dual Sheath Redux started working again. Then I went into the showracemenu and sure enough, now my sliders don't lag either.

So using the old 2.06 version of XPMSE fixed my issue.

You said you only added some new textures, but also updated some mods. 

Which ones did you update, just texture related ones? No skeletons?

I'm using Racemenu, not ECE, but I had an issue last week where the Racemenu light would get stuck and not turn on or off... as well as the color sliders not loading, in addition to some sliders lagging. I did a clean reinstall of Racemenu and adjusted some mods on my MO priority and it fixed it.

Not only that, I had updated to CITRUS head, and I had all sorts of conflicts even down to ZazAnimation(some tri files) and I think Delphine Makeover(I uninstalled it). I was only able to spot certain things being overwritten because I can look at the data section on MO and see what mods are trying to access the same files.

Maybe try reinstalling ECE first?

I mean, there's race records, skeletons, .tri files, head nif, etc. that can be possible new issues.

Well I edited my post on the bottom to state what resolved the issue. For me it was the skeleton update that I did.

Most of the stuff I updated was just simple texture mods to get the latest versions of them. Anything dealing with my character itself hasn't been updated, so they are still the old stuff I've always used.

But after doing a downgrade to the 2.06 version of XPMSE (I updated to the 2.13 version), it fixed all my issues. Dual Sheath Redux started working again, and my sliders didn't lag anymore. I'm not saying the new update is broken or anything, just saying it is what fixed my issue by using the older version.

The new 2.13 skeleton has some Racemenu sliders where you move the weapon's position anywhere you want on the fly. Dagger on the side, dagger on the back, etc. I'm not entirely sure what this means for DSR, now, though. But, looks like ECE is slowly getting phased out by many new things, CITRUS head is another big one. So there's likely mad hiccups updating with new stuff. I honestly recommend you jump ship to Racemenu at this point. The CITRUS head helps alleviate the pointy chin entirely, and my perception is that the new sculptor feature on Racemenu might end up being even better than Vertex Editor, when it's released in 3.0.

Yeah I tried RaceMenu, but it is just too "cluttered" for my tastes. For me at least, it doesn't seem very organized like ECE is. I figured when RaceMenu gets the vertex editor support thing, I'll try it again, but until then, that vertex editor is my bread and butter so to say.

I tried the Citrus head as well, even when using RaceMenu, but it didn't work at all for me. I ended up with npcs having two faces. The Citrus head siting on top, while the basic vanilla head behind it. The lips didn't move when they talked or anything on the Citrus head, but you could see the vanilla head behind it talking. Which was just.... weird lol.

But when RaceMenu gets a vertex editor, and I can get Citrus to work properly, I might change sides. But for now, ECE is where I am at. It's organized, clean and sleek, and of course the vertex editor that lets me fine tune everything (not just a pointy chin). But thanks for the advice still. :)

I know what you mean. I originally came from ECE way back, too. I had decided to spend hours figuring out what each slider did, even the ones of the same name(different warps). What started out as clutter, all ended up with vital uses for how I conducted things. 

On the CITRUS head, I had issues, though I didn't do anything with it for NPCs so I never saw that mishap :P. I just do it standalone. Racemenu 3.0 is supposed to fix all the NPC issues with facial expressions and mouth movement.

When RM3.0 comes out, I want to try to make a face entirely from scratch using only the sculptor, so I can learn how to use it. I miss having the other neat features the vertex editor could provide besides the fixing of the chin. No problem though yo, see you around.

Archived