Muay Thai

Nbtgase

All my love to this thread

I plan on going to thai land in a few years in order to learn what i believe is one of the original forms of muay thai i think its called "chaiya". Its the style tony jaa uses in his flicks. Classes are dirt cheap at the school i was looking into and its a good school too~

All my love to this thread

I plan on going to thai land in a few years in order to learn what i believe is one of the original forms of muay thai i think its called "chaiya". Its the style tony jaa uses in his flicks. Classes are dirt cheap at the school i was looking into and its a good school too~

*Muay Boran, best art of all arts. Dunno if you'll be able to find a master of that art who's willing to teach. It was used to kill, when war started in thai lands. It has strikes that disables the opponet, alot of tricks that cancels opponents attacks. Counters are crazy... Some teachers in there train for muay thai and say that's Muay Boran.

Aaand...Tony Jaa uses a mix of Muay Boran, Taekwando and stunt tricks.

And chaiya is just one of the styles, there are atleast 3, one of them focuses on posture, other on defense, third on hard strikes.

Muay Thasao (North Thailand) – Emphasis on speed, especially fast kicks. This variation of Muay Boran was dubbed “Ling Lom” or windy monkey.

Muay Korat (East Thailand) – Emphasis on strength. A technique unique to this style is the “throwing buffalo punch” named because it is supposed to take out a buffalo in one blow.

Muay Lopburi (Central Thailand) – Emphasis on crafty, technical movements. This variation favours straight punches and hooks.

Muay Chaiya (South Thailand) – Emphasis on good posture and defence. This style favours elbow and knee strikes.

Archived