Problem with LL notifications

Mister X

Hey there,

I have a problem with this site: I activated the notificiation for "Notification method to use when a file I follow is updated" as to be mentioned in the notification list.

But now the problem is, that these notifications don't appear. E.g. SL Framework, where I'm following, was updated yesterday, but there was no notification at all in the list.

In the last time, the only file where I get update messages is SD+ patches, but I don't think, that's the only file of nearly 40, that I'm following, that got updated within the last three weeks?!

So, is there any good possibility to look up somewhere else, which files got updated lately? So, something else than going to download and sort by "Most recent" fo handpicking out the needed mods?

How many notifications do you have showing under notifications? Because it only shows a max of 20 notifications not sure if it adds new notifications to the top of the list or not when it is full or not as I try to wipe them out and keep them down so that they never hit max.

one way to look up new messages (if you receive more that 20 per day) is to click on "view all notifications". Another way is to click on your profile menu (top left) then select "content I follow". Content with new messages will have cartoon text balloons next to it.

Since I follow quite a few threads, I clear the notifications every day when I leave the forum. That way I know that when I come to the forum again, ALL message are new. Just a tip ;)

I've never had a problem with notifications, but I too did not receive one when the SL framework was updated.

I just thought I deleted it accidentally without noticing (sometimes so many show up at once that I forget to check them all before selecting "delete all"), but with the OP here now I wonder.

I'm also wondering how much else has been updated recently about which I may not have received notifications...

EDIT: I've gotten rid of most of my forum notifications, just leaving the download notifications up, since frequent forum updates tend to clutter my pretty bell, and I want to save that for download updates. To see what new posts have been updated since my last visit, I just go to "my content / forums" and check which ones have new speech bubbles.

one way to look up new messages (if you receive more that 20 per day) is to click on "view all notifications". Another way is to click on your profile menu (top left) then select "content I follow". Content with new messages will have cartoon text balloons next to it.

Since I follow quite a few threads, I clear the notifications every day when I leave the forum. That way I know that when I come to the forum again, ALL message are new. Just a tip ;)

I hardly ever follow forum topics (only if I downloaded there something), I only use the notification for file updates ;)

But still, the problem was not, that I didn't see it directly in the dropdown bell menu, there just was no notifiaction at all, not even on the "All notifications" page o.0

So I just recognized by chance, that SL Framework got updated, and that was kind of weird, because I still get update notifications of some other random mods.

Archived