With what's available, now a wonderfully talented modder could use blockhead to give race and gender specific body and clothes/armors, then using setbody with its lovers joystick, makes sure everyone keeps their bodies during sex. All that would be left is to make the tama/hiyo system fully work with the combination.

Don't forget re-rigging all clothing/armors to use the LAPF skeleton or alternatively......spending months redoing all 142 animation sets in the LAPF (total of 1136 animations).  Failing to do that and your animated penis either won't work....or you get a CTD.   :(

Sorry to rain on your parade....but I'm not sure what you are asking for is ever going to happen.  Just too much work.  Making the LAPF nearly killed me.  LC3 is damn sure kicking my ass all over the place, and I'm a long way from getting that one done.   

Sorry for the thread derailment.  :blush:

Lol, wasn't asking. Since being recently new to making/altering mods myself, I fully understand what a monumental task this would be. All those bodies, all those armors and clothes, damn. Just sayin it's fully possible now.

Besides, I use too many mods that add clothes and armors. That's already a pain hoping they use they same bodies I do, otherwise, I go through and switch meshes/textures accordingly, if I can find decent matches.

IMO it would take more than just "a wonderfully talented modder", as in a single person doing that. Just look at the level of effort gregathit put into LAPF and I'm certain the Blockhead work would be some huge multiple of that.

So for it to truly happen it needs to be crowd sourced instead, and count me out (doing any of the real heavy lifting) as I am not using nor will be using Blockhead anytime soon. 

Ok, I managed to update this to use the new Blockhead system and it also works when update3d is called on the player now, so you should never the vanilla clothes in-game. Anyone interested?

In a way, yes. Earlier I wondered if this could only be used with meshes that already belong to objects. You seemed to make this work so did you swap the mesh in a handler script and then returned the object itself? This was something I forgot to try myself.

Could this actually be used for any equipped item? Like substituting the weapons from the real swords mods to have racially diverse weapons?

Sorry, missed your post.

I don't remember, but I don't think it will work. Because weapon meshes has no gender.

---

Hmm, I gave some thought to this matter. If mesh-swap plugins are to be rewritten some time, it will be a good chance to make some big changes on them.

I think we need an ultimate master plugin that controls all mesh swap-related tasks, to solve the compatibility issues between similar mods. Individual mods can also handle this issue to a certain extent, but it can be unreliable, depending on how the other mod(s) implement the conflicting job. A mutual master plugin is needed.

Namely... like... ASS - Armor Swap System, for example

You publish a mod, someone comes to you and complains "Dude your mod izn't workin' right fer me."

Then you can tell them "Hey it's not my fault. The problem is on your ASS." :D

Anyways, the idea is simple. Each child mod is given a priority number - configurable by end-user, probably. Children mods will request armor swap (+ update actor) task to the parent when they want something changed, but the request may be ignored if some other mod with higher priority is already overriding it.

Well that is all. The actual implementation might be more complicated than talking, but still it's simple enough.

Since the main functionality is so minimal, it might be a good idea to add some utility functions that are useful to mesh-swapping mods. Such as file name parser.

But, thinking about file name, recognizing file name suffixes is a big pain too. The number of needed operations increase exponentially.

ba: _ba#

+tamago: _ba#_prg#, _prg#_ba#

+pconly: _ba#_prg#_pconly, _ba#_pconly_prg#, _prg#_ba#_pconly, _prg#_pconly_ba#, _pconly_ba#_prg#, _pconly_prg#_ba#

Maybe we shouldn't try to combine them.

But at least pconly must be mixable with ba. Damn.

The new blockhead approach won't work with these item slots

(Back/Side)Weapon/Shield/Quiver/Torch.

Read post 164 here for details on how this works (In the Blockhead thread on the Beth forums)

Remember people, you new the development version of Blockhead from shademe's beth forms post for this to work. This Blockhead update isn't currently out on the nexus.

PlayerClothingReplacer.esp

Ok, I managed to update this to use the new Blockhead system and it also works when update3d is called on the player now, so you should never the vanilla clothes in-game. Anyone interested?

In a way, yes. Earlier I wondered if this could only be used with meshes that already belong to objects. You seemed to make this work so did you swap the mesh in a handler script and then returned the object itself? This was something I forgot to try myself.

I just set the existing mesh swap script to be register with Blockhead's equipment override function, replacing the event handler formerly used.

• 4 months later...

That blockhead fix esp works great. Many kudos.

Wonder if its possible to use something similar to add race-only clothing/armor options.

This should be possible. Kind of on the order of the animation blockheadizer at the end of the mesh. If it hasn't been implemented into the code here, just have to wait I guess.

leatherarmor.nif_pconly          ie: using rm muscular or hgec d cup l bot

leatherarmor.nif_argonian           using rm sLath or hgec a cup n bot

But as movomo pointed out, the sheer number of sets that would ultimately need to be made is insanely staggering.

The full sets for vanilla replacers exist, even for beast races. All the resources exist, it would just take someone patient enough to pull it all together and turn it into a package. All the different RM, RF, HGEC, FLY, DMRA vanilla replacers, body replacers.

Put together properly, choose which race gets which body, if beast races have beast bodies. Then on the order of how setbody works, assign the bodies their codes and have the armor sets matched to those codes.  I've thought about this a lot, and have actually started to pull together resources, I even unpacked the OMODs for RM and HGEC stuff. 

R.A.G.S.S.   Race And Gender Specific System.    Choose body style, Choose animation styles, Clothing styles (if available for that body style)

Honestly, the biggest portion of this idea, is the clothing STYLE. If everything stays vanilla style, no biggie. When it would come to the revealing, skimpy, so skimpy why wear it at all?, or any other replacer, to then make that style in every body type. So, in the beginning, there would be limitations as to what clothing styles would be able to be chosen.