Animated Katana and one extra pose

Any chance someone has a link for this remake of animated katana?

[video=youtube]

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/forum.php?mod=vie...eid%3D5940

That's a link to a fully upgradeable one, if google translate is correct. There's a problem though, it's in chinese and I don't think they let English speakers register. I tried it with my email and it let me sign up, but wouldn't send me the register link to activate my membership. If you know a way around that I would sure like to hear it.

There's two other versions, one posted earlier in this thread by Incandescence:

http://noirim.blog.fc2.com/category19-1.html

That version is not upgradeable or enchantable. The other blade there is pretty badass as well, although it suffers from the same issue.

One other version exists in the ANK Castle. I CTD whenever I enter it, but maybe you'll have better luck. You can find it here on LL, in the adult mod section(no idea why, there's no nudity, it's a castle with a shop). He has the retextured version, but it's a normal katana, you don't hold the scabbard with one hand and the sword with the other.

[video=youtube]

Looks like the "double draw" problem is compromised by scripting the katana to be removed prior to the first drawing animation to trigger unarmed draw animation instead which has less noticeable transition and no sound effect, then proceed to the second drawing animation with the katana and the sheath... I like that!

[video=youtube]

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/forum.php?mod=vie...eid%3D5940

That's a link to a fully upgradeable one, if google translate is correct. There's a problem though, it's in chinese and I don't think they let English speakers register. I tried it with my email and it let me sign up, but wouldn't send me the register link to activate my membership. If you know a way around that I would sure like to hear it.

There's two other versions, one posted earlier in this thread by Incandescence:

http://noirim.blog.fc2.com/category19-1.html

That version is not upgradeable or enchantable. The other blade there is pretty badass as well, although it suffers from the same issue.

One other version exists in the ANK Castle. I CTD whenever I enter it, but maybe you'll have better luck. You can find it here on LL, in the adult mod section(no idea why, there's no nudity, it's a castle with a shop). He has the retextured version, but it's a normal katana, you don't hold the scabbard with one hand and the sword with the other.

Thanks for the info. I try to install ANK Castle when Dragonborn out or on the next playthrough. Maybe you should try http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4158 to ask them to upload into mf or others westerner filehosting.

Or, you can look this thread http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=14440, or PM and ask him/her nicely how he/she do it.

A generous user has given his/her id and password to download from 115.com. Here's the post http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=14440&page=2&highlight=3dm.

About upgrading or enchanting, maybe googling Creation Kit tutorial can help, and in all of honesty, I know so little of CK. :D

Well I tested it and it would appear that me trying to cobble together some understanding of the thread from google translate didn't work out. The one on that forum is the same one Incandescence posted earlier. Only Incandescence's is translated to English. That's the only discernible difference I can see. For now, that's our best version of this sword, unless someone knows how to get the one from the video.

As for the CK, earlier in the thread it said that the weapon is kinda weird in that it destroys itself and makes another when you unsheath it. That would lead me to believe that editing it to be enchantable/upgradable in the CK would be quite the task. I did find a way to skirt that issue however and to do that you need this:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25794

What that does is give you a power that allows you to edit your weapon in game. So you equip the Yamato, equip the power, hit your button and then beef the Yamato up a bit. It's cheating, since it's free, but that hardly matters at this point. It allows you to use the Yamato the entire game, without gimping yourself and taking a billion swings to down anything. You can also put simple enchantments on it. I tried it for a couple minutes and so far it works. Feel free to test it out.

Thanks for the link. As of info that I send to you via PM, I guess only God knows if he or someone else ever release it outside of Korea or Japan due to their site restriction policy. I been meaning to request upon them if they can bring it here, but the Naver Cafe thread here in LL was last updated on October 2012, I think, and the TS was MIA (I rather not PM them, maybe they busy or something). All we can do is wait patiently for it, or in a twist of fate, someone who is an animation wizard took a keen interest in it and redid the not-so-pretty motion. Or maybe we can learn to do it, yes? :D

Anyone fixed the invis problem yet? tried everything including

"great mod, now my character's addicted to using that weapon!! got invisible sword myself but fixed it. for those who got "invisible sword" and the sword won't draw: try open console, help"yamato"4, and see the "Yamato no scb" and try to use player.removeitem [yamato no scb's code] 1 until you got 0 of that remain, and the respawning of the yamato weapon should work just fine. its a shame I can't smith it or enchant it though."

But still doesnt work :( , its such a beautiful weapon, and I tried to download the japanese katana one, but some download issues, if anyone can link another download site

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone fixed the invis problem yet? tried everything including

"great mod, now my character's addicted to using that weapon!! got invisible sword myself but fixed it. for those who got "invisible sword" and the sword won't draw: try open console, help"yamato"4, and see the "Yamato no scb" and try to use player.removeitem [yamato no scb's code] 1 until you got 0 of that remain, and the respawning of the yamato weapon should work just fine. its a shame I can't smith it or enchant it though."

But still doesnt work :( , its such a beautiful weapon, and I tried to download the japanese katana one, but some download issues, if anyone can link another download site

Sorry for necro-ed this thread, but you can always flag the Yamato Sword as enchantable and temperable in CK. Google for how-to or search/ask in Skyrim tech for in-depth instructions.

• 4 weeks later...

for those who can't get Yamato to work, try opening the esp file in TES5Edit and see if the script conflicts with another mod and either remove the ones that conflict or place Yamato lower in your load order (that fixed it for me :P)

Can you tell how to fix script conflicts in the esp files using TES5Edit

This mod's been around for a while now. Since before any DLC or the Creation Kit. It is in a format that is only 100% compatible with vanilla Skyrim. This is the reason that eating an ingredient is the activator for the pose (could've been a potion, but the creator chose ingredient.). It's also why its not compatible with 'Categorized favorites menu'. Both the sword and the ingredient can be hotkeyed only if you use vanilla favorites menu.

The mod uses scripts to make the sheathed sword a left hand pseudo-shield object when equipped, then it spawns a new object (the sword and separate scabbard) every time it is drawn. This is why it can't be upgraded at a grindstone or enchanted. When sheathed, it gets destroyed and spawns the left-hand shield-like sword in its scabbard. This is also why there is a double-draw/stutter-draw animation. The new sword object is spawned during the animation. There's no way around that.

The work around for the un-enhanceable part is this: Phenderix Weapon editor http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25794 . It works in-game and allows you to enchant on the fly. You will need to cast it every time you draw the weapon because you have a new game object every time you draw. (annoying)

Many of the invisible sword problems occur during 'TFC' free cam mode and dual wielding yamato. I don't know why, the game is screwy like that.

To fix the invisible sword, try:

1. Be in regular cam mode
  2. Jump to reset the animation
  3. Sheathe and draw a few times
  4. Equip and unequip a few times

Try them in different orders too. If any of these don't work, you may have a conflicting mod. Also, I have run into a glitch in game where I can no longer attack with the sword. I haven't found a fix for that other than reloading previous saves. While in TFC mode DO NOT JUMP OR DO ANYTHING TO EXIT THE POSE ANIMATION.

To get the sword and ingredient in game, easiest way is the console command:

1. help yamato 4
  2. player.additem XX000d67 1   <--- is the only yamato you need
  3. player.additem XX001837 1   <--- is the pose ingredient - eat it to pose and it respawns, you only need 1 ever.

for taking screenshots :

1. EQUIP ITEMS AND POSE FIRST
  2. TFC              <-- Toggle free cam
  3. sucsm 3        <-- Slows down free cam speed to a more manageable level. (8 is default i think. High numbers are faster.)
  4. fov 30           <-- Camera zoom so you can get great close up shots without clipping through your target.(fov 75  <--reset back to default.)
  5. ALWAYS EXIT TFC MODE BEFORE YOU RESET OUT OF THE POSE.
  6. jump to reset the pose

if you jump to reset the pose while in tfc mode is can cause the 'Can't attack' glitch.

TL;DR

• This mod is old and bug-filled
  • Only use as single weapon right handed; no 2nd weapon or shield
  • Use console to acquire (see above)
  • Setup your screenshot and pose before entering TFC mode
  • ONLY RESET YOUR POSE (jump) IN NORMAL CAM MODE (exit TFC mode before you do anything else)
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...