Object placement, similar to tents/fireplaces in Frostfall

blabla11

I need some help:

In my mod I'd like to do something similar to what Frostfall does with placing tents, only using the objects from zaz pack... have an item in the inventory, drop it, then be able to place it where you want it to be.

I've tried analyzing what Chesko did in Frostfall, but I'm none the wiser... So if anyone can help me in any way, I'd greatly appreciate it

So you want for example to place a pillory whenever you want wherever you want?

I'm guessing - never done such thing:

Make a "storage" cell, fill it with all sort of devices that you would want to spawn later on. Don't bother with making it accessible (unless you want to).

Make a spell - any kind of cast-something-on-self effect would do as it would make no difference (best would be one for each device).

Attach a script

Make a ObjectReference properties for those devices

Place a marker in that storage cell and make ObjectReference property for it (best would be one for each device).

then

bool whatever = false

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)

if whatever == false

Pillory_Property.MoveTo(akCaster)

whatever != whatever

else

Pillory_Property.MoveTo(Marker_Property)

whatever != whatever

endif

endevent

If im right this would make that pillory teleport from a "storage" to your position if casted once and teleport it back if casted twice.

Oh, ... well then don't I feel silly  :lol:

No need to feel silly at all, you answered my question perfectly... I just asked the wrong question ;)

So you want for example to place a pillory whenever you want wherever you want?

I'm guessing - never done such thing:

Make a "storage" cell, fill it with all sort of devices that you would want to spawn later on. Don't bother with making it accessible (unless you want to).

Make a ObjectReference properties for those devices

Place a marker in that storage cell and make ObjectReference property for it (best would be one for each device).

Make actor property for PlayerRef

Make a spell - any kind of cast-something-on-self effect would do as it would make no difference (best would be one for each device).

Attach a script to it with

[snip]

If im right this would make that pillory teleport from a "storage" to your position if casted once and teleport it back if casted twice.

I don't want it to pop in (and I want multiple objects of the same type), but to be moveable while deploying it, so players can place it exactly (and I mean exactly, including snapping to walls and such) where they want it

Archived