search mod for better spell organization/interface

scyth

Well there's Categorized Favourites, but that will involve some work to set it up to your needs, or use someone else's cfg file to get yourself up and running.

Personally I don't bother with that anymore, I take the same approach I always have with MMOs and hotkey absolutely everything, then use Smart Cast for stuff like buffs. I use a hotkey mod to allow me to modify keys  1 to 5 (so shift and alt), and I use SkyUI's favourites menu to organize my most commonly used stuff into F1 to F4 key groups.

My approach means you're having to memorize a lot more key assignments, but it makes the game feel a lot more fluid than how Skyrim would play otherwise. If you plan it out a bit, maybe have direct damage types assigned to 1-5, utility spells in alt 1-5, and very situational spells like counters, reflects types in your shift 1-5 group, plus stuff like potions and shouts assigned to mouse keys, then just play the game that way and it soon gets committed to muscle memory.

I bet that didn't help, but maybe it did. 

Archived