Combat Princess Armor Naming In Game

JeffroDaMan

I have added the Combat Princess Armor to my inventory and it shows up and is useable. The only issue is that in the name area, all I have is a bunch of blocks--probably having to do with the Chinese text. I have found out how to go in the creation kit and edit the name, but am obviously missing something. When I rename it to Combat Princess... and save the file, when I start the game and open the armor, it says Lookup Failed. Anybody good enough with modding know how and where i need to fix this at?

edit the strings file instead of the esp.

You can find a software called StringsUnpacker and StringsPacker for skyrim. use that to unpack the xxx_english.strings file and edit it using notepad, then pack it back and it should now show the correct name in english.

edit the strings file instead of the esp.

You can find a software called StringsUnpacker and StringsPacker for skyrim. use that to unpack the xxx_english.strings file and edit it using notepad' date=' then pack it back and it should now show the correct name in english.

[/quote']

Any possibility that there is an easy windows based program to do this?

ummm no atm. I know its not so convenient' date=' but once you get the hang of it, its pretty straight forward. Give it a try, cuz you will need them to convert stuff from 3DM and stuff in the future ^^

[/quote']

I found a program on Nexus called stringmaker. It opens it up the strings and I have edited them and saved them. I now get a Lookup Failed where the name should be... any idea what the deal with that is?

Thanks.

ummm no atm. I know its not so convenient' date=' but once you get the hang of it, its pretty straight forward. Give it a try, cuz you will need them to convert stuff from 3DM and stuff in the future ^^

[/quote']

I found a program on Nexus called stringmaker. It opens it up the strings and I have edited them and saved them. I now get a Lookup Failed where the name should be... any idea what the deal with that is?

Thanks.

Okay, this is the esp+strings I use. fully functional:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hgctcqvo89ix675

[/quote']

Thanks.

Thank you so much. I spent a few hours trying to figure it out, doing one thing and then another, finally got the names to appear, but in the lower part of the window I would still get lookup failed. I'll install it later and see if it works.

Again, thanks.

• 4 months later...

[/quote']

Thanks.

What is the ID for this? I tried help and every name I can come up with, but I can't find the ID to spawn the item. T_T

• 3 weeks later...

Archived