Help for an Aspiring Modder

Luna_Natsume

So I recently bought a new computer because I had so many problems with my old one. One of the main problems is the fact that no matter how many times I tried to install nif scripts it wouldn't find blender. LOL I tried everything, but honestly it was probably because I had vista. I have windows 7 now, so that should help hopefully! Anyway I have a LOT of newbie requests to become a brand new contributor to the modding community:

1. What are ALL the programs and which VERSIONS do I need to mod Oblivion?

2. How do I correctly INSTALL all these programs... I noticed that lots of people had problems and put up lots of threads about botched installations.

3. Is there a dummies guide to creating armor/clothes/RHH mods? Pretty much my main focus is to make TONS of armor/clothing mods using RHH, and problably BBB with the DMRA body.

4. How in GAWDS name do I take a gorgeous High Resolution skin/body texture and copy it over to a unique race... Hairs, eyes?

5. How do you go about getting a DELICIOUS universal mocha tan from head to toe on your female characters that I see in SO many screenshots/videos? I want to be able to do that so freakin much!!! LOL

Geeze... that is a lot of stuff, but I REALLY want to mod because I keep doing searches every DAY for new DMRA mods, converions, beautification... but nothing really quite satisfies me. So I figured the ONLY way I was going to get what I really wanted, was to just learn how and do it myself.

Oh, and of COURSE I would share all of my creations! LOL

Can anyone help me? Purty please...? :D

go here

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12248

in the description LHammonds posted links to prepackaged files with everything that you need. these packages do contain installation instructions, so be sure to read the included documentation. There should be one main read me with each prepackaged version that contains the installation order and instructions for every program

I highly recommend the blender 2.49b package

go here

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12248

in the description LHammonds posted links to prepackaged files with everything that you need. these packages do contain installation instructions' date=' so be sure to read the included documentation. There should be one main read me with each prepackaged version that contains the installation order and instructions for every program

I highly recommend the blender 2.49b package

[/quote']

I truly appreciate the link, and everything seems to have installed correctly. I followed all the directions and now I have a working version of blender with nif scripts! Thank you!

Now that the hard part is out of the way, where in the world should I begin? As I said, I am mostly interested in creating armor and clothing mods with Real High Heels for the DMRA body type. Is there a SUPER easy beginner tutorial or is this just a trial and error type of thing?

Archived