Better Vampires/custom race problem

src1425

Sorry for the stupid question, but how does one open an existing custom race in CK to edit it? Here's my problem - I'm using the Lovergirls custom race and recently became a vampire, only to discover that Lovergirls doesn't have a vampire version. When I check my status in Better Vampires, it reads that I don't have the appropriate flags, so it (and Dawnguard, when I get there) won't recognize me as a vampire without using player.setrace to switch to a vanilla race vampire.

There are instructions to create a vampire version for a custom race, but it simply says, "Open the custom race .esp in Creation Kit...." Er, how do I do that? When I open the Skyrim masterfile, all I see are the vanilla races, and I don't see anyway to open the Lovergirls .esp.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

you first need to activate the esp belonging to the custom race as that one contains the data you need for the edits.

the skyrim masters are just for the basic game, not the mods.

in order to edit your race you need to open the creation kit, find the mod that adds the race, select it, and mark it as being the active mod then load it.

after loading the mod follow the rest of your guide and it should Work properly,

however as i never used custom races myself, i can not guarantee for the edits, just the method of opening the mod.

you first need to activate the esp belonging to the custom race as that one contains the data you need for the edits.

the skyrim masters are just for the basic game, not the mods.

in order to edit your race you need to open the creation kit, find the mod that adds the race, select it, and mark it as being the active mod then load it.

after loading the mod follow the rest of your guide and it should Work properly,

however as i never used custom races myself, i can not guarantee for the edits, just the method of opening the mod.

Therein lies the problem! I have the custom race .esp activated in Mod Organizer, but when I go into CK and select Load Master/Plugin Files it only gives me the option to open the following:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HighResTexturePack03.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack01.esp

So where would I find my custom mod to open it? I'm sure I'll slap my head when I see how to do it, but at the moment I'm stymied!

read carefully please, i said you need to open creation kit find the mod for the race and activate it in there continue in the creation kit and use the rest of the guide

at the start of the creation kit you get a menu where you can select which mod you want to edit and it is here you need to select and activate the mod for it to work

the mod organizer is just there to make it possible for you to play the game with your mods, not to edit them

read carefully please, i said you need to open creation kit find the mod for the race and activate it in there continue in the creation kit and use the rest of the guide

at the start of the creation kit you get a menu where you can select which mod you want to edit and it is here you need to select and activate the mod for it to work

the mod organizer is just there to make it possible for you to play the game with your mods, not to edit them

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but that's exactly what I did. When I open the Creation Kit, the .esp and .esm files I listed are the only options I get to edit. My problem is I can't find the mod in CK  to open it (in fact, none of my mods are displayed).

Archived