Sex animations.

By curiosity what king of config can be useful for those complex behavior? Something like position between two actors?

That, we can do already in Papyrus :)

I was thinking more of Havok behavior graphs, where you can define a run animation with a lead up a running loop and a braking sequence. You can also add alternative run cycles, and vary the animation based on things like underlying terrain or items carried. There's an video on the havok site that illustrates the point nicely with a figure running and vaulting over walls of different height, with the behavior graph automatically selecting the right animation for the height of wall.

It's my understanding that in previous toolkits this was done by sticking animations together in the CK. With havok they seem to be built into the hkx files and the code in the CK that would have managed to seems largely redundant now. (But I'm still trying to figure this stuff out, so I could be very wrong on that)

Certainly there seem to tags in the XML for joining animations together, and in fact there are state machines for determining which animation is played after which animation.

If we come to understand all this well enough, we can (this being LL) set up sex animations where we can transition smoothly between positions, where JoshNZ's twitches can be built into the one behavior ... all sorts of useful things.

The only problem is that the behavior graph info is going to need to be stored somewhere. Probably, the simplest thing to do would be to use the free version of havok behavior tools, and theru's workaround to make skyrim accept them. Then with the behavior suitably encapsulated we might be able to treat it as a single animation. But if not, all those transitions and %chances and veriables are going to need to be defined somewhere :)

Interesting. :D

I'm actually planning to study how to make and edit animations for Skyrim. (I'm a professional 3d artist, working with Softimage and 3DS Max 2012.)

Hoping to contribute once I've learned how to make these animation files...

Just finished reading all the 53 pages of the thread, that was quite interesting, taking aside the unnecessary drama :)

Interesting. :D

I'm actually planning to study how to make and edit animations for Skyrim. (I'm a professional 3d artist' date=' working with Softimage and 3DS Max 2012.)

Hoping to contribute once I've learned how to make these animation files...

[/quote']

Animation maker are only a few in the modding community, and even less in the adult one, so you would be a great addition I guess :)

dont suppose you do any scripting :P

I used to be a programmer, but I took an arrow in the knee. :P

And it was about six years ago when I turned to the dark path of graphics. I've done some little Papyrus scripting, just some basics so far. But I'll definitely want to take a look at the stuff created when we have something more to take a look at.

I've been off awhile due to being sick' date=' but I am back now. If anyone wants to post a list of the animations that need to be made I wouldn't mind making them.

[/quote']

Cool. A couple of things spring to mind :)

The first one was the cowgirl animation you made earlier. I couldn't get past the collision issues so I asked JoshNZ how he did it. Apparently you need to "unlink and move the NPC node to 40. That fixes the collision and offset problems". I don't know if that means anything, but if you can do it with the female half of the animation I can get it working and in game.

Other than that, I could do with a blowjob animation. Preferably of the kneeling slave, standing master variety.

And it was about six years ago when I turned to the dark path of graphics. I've done some little Papyrus scripting' date=' just some basics so far. But I'll definitely want to take a look at the stuff created when we have something more to take a look at.

[/quote']

All help greatfully received :)

A question for the wider audience? Does anyone know who owns what of the sexout animations, and does anyone want to try getting them converted. After asking permissions first, obviously. There's a ton of stuff there we could make good use of, probably for very little overhead, if we can just figure out the workflow.

Ok I'll put what I have up on this post later. I don't know anything about facial animation so someone else will have to do that. I got around to using the breast/ass skeleton in a couple of experiments so they should be better than before.

Ok so the bj one is here now its only one animation, but I'll make two or three others later for variety. Let me know if there are any differences in collision detection or not and I will play with it again. This is just the skeleton based animation. I don't know how to animate faces in the CK yet.

i am working on moving everything i can from oblivion to skyrim... a very long process because you have to update the meshes/textures/animations to look better for the skyrim environment.

if anyone wants to help out, everything would go much faster.

specially since the mod is a resource mod... being worked on for as much compatibility as possible.

hell you could even help via the skyrim slavers guild being worked on by docclox and team.

Guest Donkey

i am working on moving everything i can from oblivion to skyrim... a very long process because you have to update the meshes/textures/animations to look better for the skyrim environment.

if anyone wants to help out' date=' everything would go much faster.

specially since the mod is a resource mod... being worked on for as much compatibility as possible.

hell you could even help via the skyrim slavers guild being worked on by docclox and team.

[/quote']

I am not sure why but everytine i open 3dmax i get the feeling saying i took an arrow in the knee and close it up again. :D

I have been reading up on some tutorial to get 3dmax going yet i never got very far. It does look better then blender 2.49 i am currently using but the UI looked to confusing for even for me. So if you want help I will need crash course on how to get into it.

First off navigating UI is very confusing. what are the quick keys to rotate scaling etc.. normally in blender i just press r and s i can move around also the targeting parts of the body is also confusing. Never know what part i will select next etc..

[...] Ok so the bj one is here now its only one animation' date=' but I'll make two or three others later for variety. Let me know if there are any differences in collision detection or not and I will play with it again. This is just the skeleton based animation. I don't know how to animate faces in the CK yet.

[/quote']

When I try to fold this into AP (by renaming each to aaSexSexSceen01Female01.hkx and aaSexSexSceen01Male01.hkx), it *almost* works, but she's facing away. Probably a function of the parent AP function rotating her, but I'm not sure-- she wasn't facing the right way in any of 01 - 05 (and I really don't know how to properly work this into AP without editing the plugin).

Explored adding a dialogue function to AP, but the CK learning curve is just a bit high for my attention span at the moment.

That said, I think it looks great in terms of position, movement... Except for the 180 degree problem, that is.

Ok so the bj one is here now its only one animation' date=' but I'll make two or three others later for variety. Let me know if there are any differences in collision detection or not and I will play with it again. This is just the skeleton based animation. I don't know how to animate faces in the CK yet.

[/quote']

Damn. Missed the update to this. I'll get on including these.

I am not sure why but everytine i open 3dmax i get the feeling saying i took an arrow in the knee and close it up again. :D

Is blender still unusable for Skyrim animations then? I had the impression that the problems had been solved:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=5449

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=16332

The nexus mod seems to provide an additional utility to the chain described in labrat's post.

I was wondering if anyone was able to fix the looping problem. After playing the animations through completely it seems like both actors want to revert to the standing position of the skeleton.hkx then back to the animation in this jerky motion. I remember seeing a loop box somewhere in the havok tools but I haven't been able to find it. Yeah the rotation for the actors needs to be corrected in the script, I am using an older version of ap to make these so there will be minor problems, but nothing you shouldn't be able to fix yourself.

I have been reading up on some tutorial to get 3dmax going yet i never got very far. It does look better then blender 2.49 i am currently using but the UI looked to confusing for even for me. So if you want help I will need crash course on how to get into it.

First off navigating UI is very confusing. what are the quick keys to rotate scaling etc.. normally in blender i just press r and s i can move around also the targeting parts of the body is also confusing. Never know what part i will select next etc..

i have absolutely no idea how to use 3dsmax at all... and i havent been able to work on the skyrim stuff outside of the dovah/dragon i did some work on. right now its just oblivion and custom stuff im working on.

I was wondering if anyone was able to fix the looping problem. After playing the animations through completely it seems like both actors want to revert to the standing position of the skeleton.hkx then back to the animation in this jerky motion. I remember seeing a loop box somewhere in the havok tools but I haven't been able to find it. Yeah the rotation for the actors needs to be corrected in the script' date=' I am using an older version of ap to make these so there will be minor problems, but nothing you shouldn't be able to fix yourself.

[/quote']

i have no idea about the full fix yet, but i can tell you that the reason it does that is because of how the animations (replacing idle animations) work within the CK and game environment... the animations that are added currently are not the animations that the CK expects and so its screwing up because the CK is trying to fallow internal scripting/code for those specific animations being replaced (whether its replacing a used animation or replacing one that isnt used) which causes some weird things to happen.

thats why people are working so hard on trying to make a way to add in new animations that are not replacing any of the other ones etc....

I was wondering if anyone was able to fix the looping problem. After playing the animations through completely it seems like both actors want to revert to the standing position of the skeleton.hkx then back to the animation in this jerky motion. I remember seeing a loop box somewhere in the havok tools but I haven't been able to find it. Yeah the rotation for the actors needs to be corrected in the script' date=' I am using an older version of ap to make these so there will be minor problems, but nothing you shouldn't be able to fix yourself.

[/quote']

i have no idea about the full fix yet, but i can tell you that the reason it does that is because of how the animations (replacing idle animations) work within the CK and game environment... the animations that are added currently are not the animations that the CK expects and so its screwing up because the CK is trying to fallow internal scripting/code for those specific animations being replaced (whether its replacing a used animation or replacing one that isnt used) which causes some weird things to happen.

If you use JoshNZ's bahavior patcher, some of the slots are marked as looping and some not. If you need the animation to loop, copy into a looping slot and it should loop automatically.

Ok here is another missionary animation. As for the timing issue did that ever get sorted out or is there still a delay between actors? This is one of the better looking animations, so the delay issue ruins it because the animations don't match up.

Splendid stuff.

I need to sink some time into the sex setup. My current implementation has the two actors rotating at 90 degrees to one another. I suspect I mixed up sin and cos when working out the position vector.

If I can get that done, we'll see about our own sex mod demo system :)

I don't think there's any delay involved, or at least not usually.

• 4 weeks later...

Any new updates on this? Really can't wait to see the amazing work everyone is putting into this! AP is a bit simple/buggy :P

Ive also been considering getting into modding, Ill need to see though still being a student and not having too much cash/time

Hats off to the people that make this stuff, you guys are heroes! ;D