Adding new race, would love help.

Nalim

I've got my meshes and textures set up but cant seem to find a writeup on how to add a new race. I figure I can clone an existing race and change the meshes and textures in the CK to the ones I added to the Data folder.

I cloned a race (Khajiit) and added a texture set that targets my textures. After that I get no further.

Anyone want to give me a brief step by step of the procedure?:heart:

(I realize this is related to the "Different bodies in the same game" thread but this is not exactly the same and I dont want to derail that one.)

I honestly is entirely new to the CK (never played other bethesda titles so never used GECK and so on) so I have pretty moch no clue as to how I select the bodymesh for a race, how I create a reference to the bodyskins I use and so on. I have no troubles with actually making the meshes/skins/UVs I need its just the CK I'm absolutely illiterate at.

I honestly is entirely new to the CK (never played other bethesda titles so never used GECK and so on) so I have pretty moch no clue as to how I select the bodymesh for a race' date=' how I create a reference to the bodyskins I use and so on. I have no troubles with actually making the meshes/skins/UVs I need its just the CK I'm absolutely illiterate at.

[/quote']

Maybe it's a benefit,that you didn't use GECK :) Because most things are different.

Try this as a guideline http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8583

I'm pretty sure she got custom paths for textures, at least.

And from what I got so far with CK fiddling-pretty much EVERY part-mesh or texture must be (re)assigned in your custom race,even if it's just copy/paste job from vanilla. I dupped Nord race,tweaked weight/height, added ALL noses/hairs/mouths and set dark blue eyes as default. In game I had all hairs/noses/mouths, ONLY one set of eyes-dark blue :) And NOTHING else-no body,feet,hands. Everything I left untouched from vanilla nord-dissaperied. That's nothing like GECK or Oblivion editor(forgot the name).

I'm not taking requests. this is a thread about the technical aspects of adding a race, not a thread about what should be added. I most definitely will not add anyone elses meshes.

Back to the topic at hand: I could get everything ingame when i cloned khajiit and added my models to that one. I could not figure out how to swich head model on a race though. I really need to figure that one out, would love help with it.

I could not figure out how to swich head model on a race though. I really need to figure that one out' date=' would love help with it.

[/quote']

I 2nd that. That is giving me troubles also. Figured out everything else. Someone help us plz. Kudos in advance! :rolleyes:

Archived