other games?

Gilibran

So off course i still enjoy playing and modding FO3 & NV (Tale of two wastelands) Skyrim, The witcher 1 & 2, Oblivion once in a while and when i'm drunk and don't care about the graphics Morrowind or i log into Guildwars 1 or 2 to check what i got for my birthday and spend a night drunk in Lions Arch. If i feel like Godmode blast the hell out of everything i play some Doom ;-)

However i'm looking for something else to play to, something new. Apart from Fallout i think i'm suffering from Fantasy rpg overload. Way back i had alot of fun and good memories playing Anachronox. One of the best single player scifi rpg's ever made, seriously it was good, try it if your system still runs it. Yes it was as linear as a ruler but still, the story and whole atmosphere was brilliant.

I do want modern graphics, but what else is out there that is "good", singleplayer and not Fantasy, does not have to be sandbox as long as the story is good. Personally i cannot wait to see what CDprojekt does with Cyperpunk 2077, but since that is still along way away (it's done when it's done) what is a good alternative?? Perhaps something Lovecraftian? Shadowrun (the pencil and paper one)

To be honoust i'm not looking for a dexterity run and hit thrill shoot and kill type rpg game with lots of jumping puzzle style, just something fun and mellow to play and good story? I'm still doubting if i should get Halo (edit, think it's mass effect i meant)? Though reading the reviews about how they screwed up the finale after so much apparent bonding with your character i do not know if that's what i'm looking for. Off course Skyrim was shitty as hell to as far as MQ and Faction quests go and i can live with that to :-)

So throw me some bones and titles i should take a look at, just as long as it's not Fantasy.

ty

Archived