ECE vs RaceMenu and other things

Currently im using ECE. But i keep noticing most that most tattoo and similiar skins use the Racemenu overlay function. My question is can i use both ECE and RaceMenu at the same time? What will get overwritten and what are the conflicts? Will my character keep her current appearance if i install Racemenu?

I know that Racemenu and ECE use different face generation or something like that.

Also i know that there is a "plugin" spell for RaceMenu that "copies" the face from companions to the player. Ive never got that to work properly. I really liked a certain face from a follow Sabrina from Nexus.

When i installed Racemenu my character's face reverted to what would it would look like if i uninstalled ECE.

If i completely remove ECE and then install Racemenu by itself alone will i get to keep my character's appearance? Because i do not remember how i made the character. It was random plays with the sliders. And as far as im aware you cannot transfer presets.

Also another mod Elin Race 2 says that i either need ECE or ECE+Racemenu. If i just have Racemenu installed what will happen to that mod?

I used both mods and same time. Also at  certain sliders if i keep holding left or right for quickly switching between values sometimes my old face pops for a split seconds with either wierd brows/ears etc. If i manage to stop when the face appears and save and reload it will bug out. I can probably try remove ECE but the problem is i reinstalled skyrim on a new PC and i just copied all of the mods. NMM doesnt know what has been installed and now i have to search through the folders to remove the files. For now i shall stick with ECE and apply overlays manually on my skin. But for that i need to find a way for the player character to use unique skin direction. Sadly i couldnt find anything i could understand.

Guest NeonFirefly

Here's my experience: the current version of RaceMenu is completely incompatible with ECE, unfortunately, due to the new additions and features. I use ECE for its vast breadth of sliders and options, and an old version of RaceMenu (version 2.1.5) on top of it for its interface and warpaint/overlay functionality, and they work perfectly together.

you use RM and ECE on the game, load the save, use showracemenu, look for the enhanced tab, get the values from it and apply them on the sliders in the other tabs, your char will look the part after that so choose a preset slot and F5 to save it to that. quit the game, deselect the ECE plugins... and get back in game and use F9 in showracemenu to load the face... you probably need to use Mod Organizer and have ECE ticked on the left side... the esps have to be off... if not the cheeks will look bad... MO is required because ECE assets can still be used by the game while there's no plugins to actually implement any ECE features or functionality.

you want proof? here's my chars ECE and RM : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22125-share-your-character-presets-d/?p=874031

I've found that RM has all the same sliders that ECE has, and more.

If you want the rounded face that ECE has from the start, all you need to do is change the Head type.

Not to mention that RM implements everything better.

And if you have XPMSE, it adds an additional set of sliders for the body to RM.

Archived