Graphics driver, BSOD, Infinite load....

ashtar02

Alright so as the topic states a lot of "funny stuff" happened. I've just upgraded my Nvidia GTX 675m drivers to 340.52WHQL then after a while I got a BSOD (blue screen of death, its black actually). Thought it was nothing at first then I played Skyrim. about 3 hrs later something glitched on the screen then a BSOD happend again. When I restarted and checked using a few tools it said that my hardware was ok and the temp was alright. Ran Skyrim again it was fine but when I was opened a save game after it finished loading something glitched on the screen then BSOD again!

I downgraded to the 337.88 driver because this was the most stable for me. Was able to do normal things and convert videos with CUDA support again. Able to play other games ok for now but not skyrim. I reinstalled it to see if it works fine (Vanilla everything, no mods) and I was able to make a new game with out a hitch. But when I added a the 3-4k texture pack and ENB it goes on infinite load while creating a new game! 

So my question is do you guys know how to fix this? This seems to have started because of the driver update was fine before (actually some people have BSOD problems specifically with the Nvidia GTX 675m since january). Would a reformat be in order? Well I have backups (my backups have backups O.O) so no worries there but its gonna be a pain.  What should I check? What should I clean? (Everything is spotless) WTF is going on? This never happened to me before and this laptop is almost two years old. Everything works except a modded Skyrim!!! Looks like I'm gonna be left with a vanilla taste in my mouth for a while....

Any help would be appreciated.

Archived