BOSS not updating my plugins.txt or loadorder.txt

blacklord9

This is an issue I encountered before and which fixed itself at somepoint but it's still anoying as fucking hell. So if I run BOSS it tells me that it's sorted my plugins but in actuality it did nothing. It doesn't update or create a loadorder.txt. Both plugins.txt and loadorder.txt are not read-only.

The wierdest thing is that LOOT works like a charm, however considering it's beta stage I would rather use BOSS until LOOT is perfected.

LOOT is the next version of BOSS, BOSS will never be updated again, and does not provide a current masterlist.

It's written by the same team of developers, who left BOSS out for legacy games that aren't getting many new mods.

Your options are to use LOOT, or install BUM and define your own load order for BOSS.

Personally I find LOOT works fine.

And, for the record, BOSS was also beta software.

latest version

EDIT: Found a workaround, I just paste this file:///D:/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Mopy/LOOT/resources/report/report.html?data=C:/Users/KanToR/AppData/Local/LOOT/Skyrim/reportdata.js into firefox and it works. I seen this is an open issue in their bugtracker so it will probably be fixed in the next release.

Archived