I've noticed something kind of annoying after installing the Alpha and Beta of Version 3, and that would be that free fly camera no longer works. :-/

when free camera is enabled the guards cannot interact with you and nothing happens. i spent about 2 hours debugging that.

Was gonna post about the camera, but now there's no need to. :)

Everything about the new update works for me but I have a hilarious bug. It seems the first guard to catch me when I load a save follows me wherever I go. They act a lot like followers, fast traveling with me, running to keep up, etc. Except they still respond to me like a standard guard when I try to speak to them and often get to me first before the real city's guards can show up when I start to go. My "fix" so far has been to fast travel to a location far from a city and kill them so the bounty is automatically removed.  

I've noticed something kind of annoying after installing the Alpha and Beta of Version 3, and that would be that free fly camera no longer works. :-/

when free camera is enabled the guards cannot interact with you and nothing happens. i spent about 2 hours debugging that.

Awww.. that blows, lol.

Everything about the new update works for me but I have a hilarious bug. It seems the first guard to catch me when I load a save follows me wherever I go. They act a lot like followers, fast traveling with me, running to keep up, etc. Except they still respond to me like a standard guard when I try to speak to them and often get to me first before the real city's guards can show up when I start to go. My "fix" so far has been to fast travel to a location far from a city and kill them so the bounty is automatically removed.  

i think i may know the cause of this. actually never mind, no i don't. hmm.

i savin' i loadin' i savin i loadin, ain't nobody likin' me 'nuff to stalk lil ol' me.

i think i may know the cause of this. actually never mind, no i don't. hmm.

i savin' i loadin' i savin i loadin, ain't nobody likin' me 'nuff to stalk lil ol' me.

I wouldn't sweat it if you can't replicate it. My skyrim is a mess of mods and it might be something I forgot I downloaded interacting strangely. I don't find the bug particularly bad, a random guard acting as a pseudo-follower can come in handy sometimes, and the "fix" is really simple and not really immersion breaking.  (Creepy guard thinks he can stalk me, creepy guard gets lured into a secluded area and never leaves)

Tried this mod a couple nights ago after you put out the guard beta update.  Thought it'd be funny till the game loaded, everything was yellow, and the sound of Whiterun's little waterfalls just outside Dragonsreach seemed LOUDER than usual.  Then I realized I needed to go pee, so took a quick break before coming back and having my character also pee.  A bit later, when my character had to pee too, and I realized I also needed to.  This mod makes ME pee more than my character!!  It's really messing with my play time!  Is there a config setting to change MY bladder size?  I figured out how to change my character's, but mine seems a bit small and it's driving me nuts!

Ooh... and another thing... about the guards.  On several occasions in Whiterun (I decided to stay down in the Plains district away from the waterfalls cause that only made it worse), a guard would spot me (behind the Bannered Mare in one case) but then the guard at the front gate would come lecture me when I got about 2/3rds of the way to the front gate.  I don't know if this was intended behavior or not, but it seemed odd.  I finally decided the guard musta been shy about me watering nature, and so had a junior guard come talk to me instead.  Thought I'd pass it on just in case. :)

Tried this mod a couple nights ago after you put out the guard beta update.  Thought it'd be funny till the game loaded, everything was yellow, and the sound of Whiterun's little waterfalls just outside Dragonsreach seemed LOUDER than usual.  Then I realized I needed to go pee, so took a quick break before coming back and having my character also pee.  A bit later, when my character had to pee too, and I realized I also needed to.  This mod makes ME pee more than my character!!  It's really messing with my play time!  Is there a config setting to change MY bladder size?  I figured out how to change my character's, but mine seems a bit small and it's driving me nuts!

Ooh... and another thing... about the guards.  On several occasions in Whiterun (I decided to stay down in the Plains district away from the waterfalls cause that only made it worse), a guard would spot me (behind the Bannered Mare in one case) but then the guard at the front gate would come lecture me when I got about 2/3rds of the way to the front gate.  I don't know if this was intended behavior or not, but it seemed odd.  I finally decided the guard musta been shy about me watering nature, and so had a junior guard come talk to me instead.  Thought I'd pass it on just in case. :)

just so we know, there is 0 code modifying sound volume. its only seeing yellow not hearing yellow XD there is an mcm menu with all kinds of settings for you to play with.

just so we know, there is 0 code modifying sound volume. its only seeing yellow not hearing yellow XD there is an mcm menu with all kinds of settings for you to play with.

I hope your'll forgive me for not believing you.  There's no way this mod can be messing with my head THAT much.  :D 

*goes to pee before starting Skyrim up again*

Actually I've been wondering if you had implemented a feature like that. That is to say, any time you are near a water source, and your character's bladder is fairly full, it will then speed up the process of the screen turning yellow and your character's bladder being filled so that the urge to pee seems unbearable.

Actually I've been wondering if you had implemented a feature like that. That is to say, any time you are near a water source, and your character's bladder is fairly full, it will then speed up the process of the screen turning yellow and your character's bladder being filled so that the urge to pee seems unbearable.

i'm not sure the game has any good way to implement a feature like that - "how close am i to water" - when i finish the debuf for smelling like pee, and cleaning it off by jumping in a river, it works by super basic. basically every few seconds "is player swimming yes/no" - things like this are, as far as i know, super limited by the game.

i'm not sure the game has any good way to implement a feature like that - "how close am i to water" - when i finish the debuf for smelling like pee, and cleaning it off by jumping in a river, it works by super basic. basically every few seconds "is player swimming yes/no" - things like this are, as far as i know, super limited by the game.

Ah, makes sense.

How about this: detect distance to nearest slaughterfish egg nest, slaughterfish, abecian longfin, cyrodilic spadetail, salmon, etc. etc. fish?

Or orange/blue dartwings... I think they only show up over water, right?

If I am within X distance of one of these items, I am near water, and the process speeds up?

If I am within Y distance (closer) the process is faster?

If a feature does implement like this, there maybe should be a slight grace time after peeing where it is not sped up by being near water... say, a few hours, I think...

How about this: detect distance to nearest slaughterfish egg nest, slaughterfish, abecian longfin, cyrodilic spadetail, salmon, etc. etc. fish?

Or orange/blue dartwings... I think they only show up over water, right?

If I am within X distance of one of these items, I am near water, and the process speeds up?

If I am within Y distance (closer) the process is faster?

If a feature does implement like this, there maybe should be a slight grace time after peeing where it is not sped up by being near water... say, a few hours, I think...

this...

...would actually work.

1) none of the pregnancy mods are doing anything that i can check from this esp without depending on theirs - however i could modify soulgem oven to set a flag and perhaps the others will (doubtfully) follow suit. i can't check on their specific factions they created, they need to use StorageUtil to set universally available data per actor for optional integration without forcing "download this as well". factions are old school imho.

I've had this idea knocking around in my head for a while, dealing with pregnancy mod incompatibilities. It's a rough hack and very inelegant, and might not work at all.

Can you detect belly scale?

I'm guessing that most people will keep their base belly scale at 1.0 by default, and that pregnancy mods increase it...

So... can you detect if a belly node has scaled above 2.0? If so, it means that character is pregnant?

Like I said, it's a hack, and undoubtedly subject to various problems (people with default belly scales above this, pregnancy mods not scaling this high, unavailable belly node on the skeleton or mesh, cannot detect belly current belly scale, etc etc etc)...

Terrific mod... can't wait for the bottling version! I'm sort of assuming that a box will pop up asking if I want to bottle as potion, or poison, or not bottled... waiting patiently...

I did find a bug, though, sort of... I peed in front of a guard just outside Solitude, apologized to him, and he said just don't do it again. Then he proceeded to follow me around for quite a while. As I walked from Solitude to Markarth. He eventually died fighting some bandits just north of Rorikstead.

It only happened once, I've  peed in front of other guards and nothing like this has happened before, so I'm kind of assuming that the behavior reset trigger just got lost somewhere in the dozens of scripts running...

• 3 weeks later...

Private Needs checks if you are in water by doing the following :

Condition Function IsInDangerousWater = 1.00

Condition Function IsSwimming = 0.00 (you don't want the player to swim because you can't activate any bathing powers while swimming)

To make the IsInDangerousWater condition work you need to add Causes (Damage) 0 to all WaterTypes (which will make this incompatible with most custom water mods, except water mods like W.A.T.E.R which have a similar approach for a compatibility patch for another mod (like Realistic Needs and Diseases)).

Playing the game, just walking around and exploring... I didn't realize just how much water there is in the game. Water, I might add, without fish or dragonflies of any sort.

Quite a lot of water in game has no real way to determine whether it is close to water or not.

Still, the idea has some merit, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

So what would be the console command to give this to a companion? i have Lydia as a slave as punishment for betraying people to the Thalmor for Talos worship (she was getting fat and lazy off the money they were paying her) so as my char was also captured by the Thalmor but escaped during a Stormcloak raid, she feels it her duty to help the Stormcloaks as much as she can. 'Entertaining' Lydia for information seems ideal