Drop them panties, dammit!!!! And your pizza!!!

Chbaakal

I'd revisited Borderlands recently, and just finished farming MINAC again in the Robot Revolution DLC. An achievement listed as What a Party wants pizza, panties, and 3D glasses, but it seems that I've not been able to get either 15 pizzas or JUST 3 panties to drop on 4 separate farming visits to all areas. This is....bothersome, to put it mildly.

My question is; What games involving loot-type achievements or collections really piss you off (besides MMOs)? Bad Loot drop rates for good gear, Steam achievements you are trying for that seem impossible, or the drudgery of collecting all of some item type to end a mission/quest. Heck, even suck-ass mission rewards that seem a let down for all your efforts against bosses and such.

Share your frustration... :angry:

The closest I can think of, is the game Warframe. They use this "Random Generated Number" for everything. It means, you can litterly grind/farm for months without getting your item.

I farmed this helmet blueprint for a new frame for 3 months straight. And at one point, I just gave up. Then maybe a few hours later, when I did something completely different, it dropped :P

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User:RNG_God

Well...I've never played Warframe, but the loot drop rate in Borderlands 2 is terrible, simply terrible, you have to farm the bosses like crazy to get 1 or 2 good drops, legendary weapons/items are really legendary in BL2, I have 1.200 hours of gameplay in BL2 and I think that I've spent at least 300/400 hours just farming bosses to get good gear !!!

It's something like that, the thing is, all bosses can drop legendary items, but some items has a higher probability to be dropped by specific bosses, let's say that you want to get Maliwan Volcano(sniper), so, the boss that has the highest probability to drop this weapon is the Warrior, or Maliwan Hellfire(smg), the best boss for that is Scorch...etc !!!

Well, I've had better luck in the first one than the second for loot drops (picked up a lvl 22 Liquid Orion out of a red chest in the first Dump run) but any

loot in BL2 was hard earned, except for the occasional Golden Key Chest find (mostly unuseable crap). I spent almost 9 lvls using Moxxi's Bad Touch SMG before getting a suitable replacement, and had to buy an uncommon pistol just to get a fire weapon to wake up Mordecai in a zone.

On another note,  the only thing I wanted to see in BL (and other games) achievement-wise was the Badass Points system in BL2. Achievements really don't DO anything for the games you play, and I usually don't care to get them all. But BL2 actually adds something to the RPG factor as another way to flesh out a character's abilities while achieving certain goals. This achievement in BL won't really matter at all (finally got 3 panties yesterday, but no pizza). Just another icon to add, and since I do not do the multiplayer aspect, I'll still have plenty left to taunt me unless I cheat somehow.

Selling 10,000 to vendors in Torchlight and selling 50,000 items to vendors in Torchlight 2.

Both because having your pet go back to town to sell stuff doesn't count towards it, and the first Torchlight game, for me anyway, loads like it's being run on a Windows 95 machine, so going to town and back to the dungeon is a massive chore. ESPECIALLY since TL1 has tiny inventories.

Torchlight 2 has bigger inventories and it loads so much faster, so I actually did manage to get the 10,000 achievement over about 130 hours... so doing 50,000 would run me maybe 500. That's if I didn't focus solely on it, and I'm not that desperate for the achievement.

Not exactly, you can play the game in mod mode and use a mod like Bigger Inventory, which greatly increase the inventory size and you can get the achievement a lot more faster, at least I used this method to get the achievement, and enjoying Synergies at the same time !!!

Most of my loot drop problems are from MMOs.

However I have been trying to get the last achievement in Lightning Returns which involves staggering a bonus boss FOUR CONSECUTIVE TIMES and this thing has a ridiculously high stagger threshold and will pretty much stunlock you if you get too close (the best staggering moves and weapons only work in close combat) oh and you have 3 minutes to stagger it each of these 4 times (between each stagger + right at the beginning) before it pisses off, there's a reason I left this one until last.

Archived