CTD in sewers

Ok, I'm going to post this here in hopes that someone may find a means of helping me save all the time it will take to debug this problem one mod at a time. The problem is that currently more often than not when I enter the underground sewers I can play for 30 sec - 1 min before the game CTDs. I believe that this occurs in most situations when I am in the 'sewers' setting. Ok yeah pretty vague. Well this is all I have to go on for right now. Actually I am dealing with pretty much a fresh installation of New Vegas and the save I'm using is pretty new as well so I don't know if it is a script or not that is causing it. I have a few 'quest' and 'new lands' mods installed. I suppose if any of those changed assets for the sewers that the game uses, that could cause the issue. I also have the Monster Mod installed and IWS which is being used to increase the spawn rate. So my other theory is that there are too many instances of ghouls, zombies and other critters being spawned underground and that is causing the problem. But again this is only happening with the sewers and not in, say, cave systems or vaults. Least, not so far that I have noticed. 

Well I'll post my load order and start trying to debug this on my own. As I said I'm posting this in the hopes that perhaps someone else has run into this problem before with the mods that I got running and knows the answer and save me some time.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Load Order:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
IWS-Core.esm
CFWNV.esm
Momod.esm
More Perks.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
SexoutSlavery.esm
SexoutLegion.esm
Lings.esm
MikotoBeauty.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
NVWillow.esp
NCR CF - Sexout.esp
SexoutPregnancyV3.esm
SexoutOffSpring.esm
CASM.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
A Better Cass.esp
A Better Veronica.esp
Monster Mod Wasteland Edition.esp
Dalls_Birds_Nest.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - DM.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - OWB Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - LR Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - GRA.esp
More Perks Update.esp
Animated Prostitution.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-DM.esp
IWS-HH.esp
IWS-OWB.esp
IWS-LR.esp
CFW-DLC.esp
BodyJewelry.esp
bzArmour.esp
bzBodySuits.esp
My Cloth Collection NV.esp
OCD-Cass outfits.esp
Body by Race.esp     (lol this mod ain't working either, I'm trying to figure that out as well)
LingsPrettyThings.esp
SunnyCompanion.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
MoonShadowRace.esp
MojaveDelight.esp
MikotoBeauty.esp
SmallerTalk.esp
SexoutWillow.esp
SexoutRapist.esp
SexoutRapeGame.esp
SexoutBreeder.esp
delilah.esp
SexoutWorkingGirl.esp
SexoutPowderGangers.esp
SexoutFiends.esp
SexoutSoliciting.esp
SexoutNCR.esp
SexoutKings.esp
Kaw'sBodyJewelryExpanded.esp
SexoutSexAssault.esp
My Cloth Collection NV Conversion Expansion.esp
MojaveDelighted.esp
Unique Raider Bodies.esp
SexoutSex.esp
sleep_on_back_sexy.esp
Omegared99 - Enb Transparency Fix.esp
Modified Weapons.esp   (my own mod, altering just some of the basic stats of some weapons, shouldn't conflict)
SexoutKhans.esp
SexoutZAZ.esp
Sexout- CES.esp
SexoutStraponSex.esp
SexoutClothingEval.esp
My Custom Willow.esp    (a custom appearance mod of my own shouldn't conflict with anything)

Total active plugins: 92
Total plugins: 97

nyaalich is correct. Body by Race has been known to have problems however you also have various other body mods at the same time. This might not be the problem but without a bashed patch it might still give you problems in the future.

I don't see any sewer mods or mods that can effect sewers as far as I can tell. However that don't mean that a modder didn't have a dirty edit or changed some feature in the sewer that causes your problem.

The main thing I would tell you is to open up FNVedit and see if there are any issues that you can see ( overrides or conflicts) if you can and focus on anything in that area of the sewer etc. This solution vs removing mod after mod requires a fair amount of experience and patience using FNVedit.

Now .. I would if I were you .. remove all the body mods. Create a clean save.. then or during the process verify the game cache just in case some corruption occurred with the main game files. Then check again. If it works great you can start to add the bodies back. If it don't you ruled out many possible conflicts in one check. If you don't want to do the FNVedit check ( or can't ) re-read the mods you are using. ( specifically those not SExout or hosted here ) and see if there are any edits or comment or use of Sewers in them.

Hey, thanks for the prompt replies. Yeah I know body by race is, uh, buggy with sexout. Actually right now body by race isn't even working and I'm not seeing any problems with sexout so far so I will leave it alone. Actually I think I found the problem. As I said I have momod and IWS increasing the spawn rates. Well low and behold I had the settings at 100 instances maximum and the ghoul rampage settings at 5x. Lol, I can't imagine the engine was liking trying spawn and deal with hundreds of rampaging ghouls in the sewers. Once I loaded a savegame pre-sewer entry and turned off the IWS settings and starting using a cell buffer purge mod I noticed no problems in the sewers. Some lag sure, but no ctds. So note to self, DON'T SUMMON WORLD WAR Z IN THE SEWER, IT CAUSES A TEAR IN THE SPACE-TIME CONTINUUM. 

I'm going to keep testing this and see if this really is the problem solver, when I'm sure I will mark this thread as 'solved'.

Tears in the space time continuum is a bad thing. Take it from me  ( the alien LOL)

I am not familiar with the increasing spawn rates however NPCs can and have caused massive problems with Game engine in the past when too many have been placed in the game.

If you played the original first released unpatched FNV version you would have three more Powder gangers in Primm. Two along the side where there are the shacks and one more in the broken building. These were removed because of issues and stability .. This was only three NPCs. With those settings in such a small place you would / could have literal "floods" of NPCs running at you.

That combined with what I believe isn't' a very optimized cell could be the issues. Excellent catch. Will file that mod away in my giant green head for future references in tech support.

Yes spawn mods always increased instability for me too. I solved every problem of CTDs when I stopped installing them. The only one that seems pretty stable in my NV is Monster Wars, I barely crash with it on

Archived