Edited Mesh help pls: How to properly get it in game

Skagg

I just spent an entire night and morning editing a mesh (I did a shitty job) in order to fit it to megaoppai but when i replace the file it for some reason is invisible in game. Could someone explain to me the process of getting the armor to properly show up ingame? I know it has something to do with nifskope work but I have no clue what to do and what steps to take after I finished destroying the mesh with my editing skills. Any tips are appreciated.

@PT

No i didnt make a texture for it so it should be using the same textures right?

@symon

Yeah maybe ill try doing that i just remember reading something about a process before about armatures or some crap like that and skeleton stuff to get it to work.

Here's another idea:

Have you pasted mesh elements somewhere else than in 'Scene Root'?

O.o if you mean opening them in nifskope before i open them in blender and pasting them all in the scene root of the skeletons file then yeah im hoping that was the right thing to do >.<;;

After i did that i saved them and opened them up in blender to edit. Then i just exported the file and tried to use it in game. Are there more steps i have to take?

Yes' date=' that's what I meant. I thought it was a NifSkope-only edit, don't know anything about Blender and its Nif export quirks.

My modding skills unfortunately are limited to texturing/recoloring work... :s

[/quote']

XD yeah i was refitting an armor to a certain body (which doesnt have very many fits to it). Its not quite all the way done yet but i just wanted to test it out in game to see how it looked so far.

I just spent an entire night and morning editing a mesh (I did a shitty job) in order to fit it to megaoppai but when i replace the file it for some reason is invisible in game. Could someone explain to me the process of getting the armor to properly show up ingame? I know it has something to do with nifskope work but I have no clue what to do and what steps to take after I finished destroying the mesh with my editing skills. Any tips are appreciated.

Try in Nifskope:

Spells>Batch>Update all tangent spaces

Spells>Sanitize>Adjust link arrays.

Try in Nifskope:

Thanks Sheowtime I'll try that. Do i have to attach a skeleton to my mesh or anything now. Everytime Ive tried that things didnt end so well. Is there a way I can replace the original mesh that has a skeleton with my mesh if I need to do so? Btw all I have is the mesh I edited right now no skeleton attached to it and I have the original nif file.

NM sheowtime thanks a lot for your help I'm not quite sure qhat happened but I just opened the orignal and my armor both up in nifskop and I did the copy batch thing over onto the original armor after I deleted it all and I did what you told me to and it somehow worked. I'll try that on the next armor I edit and see if its a permanent fix for me thanks a lot. Now to just figure out how to stop the immense amount of lag that my armor creates when i put it on...

Try in Nifskope:

Thanks Sheowtime I'll try that. Do i have to attach a skeleton to my mesh or anything now. Everytime Ive tried that things didnt end so well. Is there a way I can replace the original mesh that has a skeleton with my mesh if I need to do so? Btw all I have is the mesh I edited right now no skeleton attached to it and I have the original nif file.

A body without a skeleton? Maybe thats the reason, in blender: highlight your mesh, import the skeleton, shift click it, then press ctr+p and select name groups, after that export. Ow...ok. :P I had the same problem with invisible mesh in-game, after asking here with no replies I began to read a tutorial about boob weightening and found an interesting line and it worked, I knew boobs can do magic. :P

Archived