GECK Question

Guest marieruth

Guest marieruth

I originally posted this in the wrong forum, so i'll try here...

I created a new static item in the GECK, and I used FNVedit to set the static item's model to use the .nif of the anti-materiel rifle. Is there a way I can have that newly created static item be used as the model for an activator? I know that if I put weapons\2handrifle\antimaterialrifle.nif in the model data for the activator, it will be a movable static only, and I want it to not be movable at all. And I didn't copy the model file of the antimateriel rifle and paste a copy of it in another folder or anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I created a new static item in the GECK, and I used FNVedit to set the static item's model to use the .nif of the anti-materiel rifle. Is there a way I can have that newly created static item be used as the model for an activator? I know that if I put weapons\2handrifle\antimaterialrifle.nif in the model data for the activator, it will be a movable static only, and I want it to not be movable at all. And I didn't copy the model file of the antimateriel rifle and paste a copy of it in another folder or anything.

Saw this just now but if you still need it, open the weapon in niskope and under bhkRigidBody set Mass to 0. Just to be sure set also Max Linear and Max Angular Velocity to 0, Motion System to MO_SYS_FIXED and Quality Type to MO_QUAL_FIXED. The Mass setting is what's important but sure as hell this way the object is not going to move anymore, no matter what.

Guest marieruth

Saw this just now but if you still need it, open the weapon in niskope and under bhkRigidBody set Mass to 0. Just to be sure set also Max Linear and Max Angular Velocity to 0, Motion System to MO_SYS_FIXED and Quality Type to MO_QUAL_FIXED. The Mass setting is what's important but sure as hell this way the object is not going to move anymore, no matter what.

Oh my, I should really follow my own threads. Thank you so much for the reply. So I should make a copy of the NIF and make the necessary changes, yes? I don't want to botch up the vanilla version of the rifle :)

Archived