nice scripts for converting armor mods

CeeTeeDee

http://www.hyperent.com/MaxScriptDownloads/TiM-Scripts-Complete-543.exe

a set of scripts for 3ds max useful for editing armor mods.

in the installer you can select a 'Wrap' section of scripts, one of them being 'Conform Wrap' which when run on a face or vertex snaps that to another mesh... really handy for resizing armors, quicker than vertex or face pulling.

before :

post-91790-0-91587800-1403376533.png

after :

post-91790-0-42309200-1403376581.png

saves time snapping meshes from one body type to the other, certainly has alot more uses... not for snapping entire meshes though, selections of verts seem to work better.

• 4 weeks later...

Been wanting to try this however am not sure how to use it. I run the script and I get the select target objects, but from there I'm lost. It appears to list all the parts of the skeleton and the meshes I'm working with. However if I select the shorts mesh and base body mesh and hit select I get a runtime error: Mesh operation on non-mesh: Dummy.

Been wanting to try this however am not sure how to use it. I run the script and I get the select target objects, but from there I'm lost. It appears to list all the parts of the skeleton and the meshes I'm working with. However if I select the shorts mesh and base body mesh and hit select I get a runtime error: Mesh operation on non-mesh: Dummy.

as a rule when editing meshes you want to freeze/hide the skeleton, selecting the skeleton and moving or editing bones could have terrible consequences, also if you have dummies for bones theres something wrong... make sure you're using this version of niftools http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5622/

you don't want to try this script on a full mesh, its more for sub-object selections, groups of verts..

it creates a copy of the target mesh and calls it something like 'conform mesh' so you preserve your 2 source objects and get 2 new objects with the conform data... you can then delete the target and keep the edited mesh...

when you want a certain section of a mesh to attach to another exactly then this can be a tool to help, lets say you want a belt buckle to touch a belt strap after modelling them seperately, things like that, but if you want a magic tool to lets say fit an entire piece of armour in one fell swoop this is not it.

i've added the script to my right-click quad menu which you can do in the UI customizer, so i select a group of verts, right click and run the script.

Archived